Profile for A_BC > Reviews

La Chenille Qui Fait Des Trous
La Chenille Qui Fait Des Trous
by Eric Carle

2.0 out of 5 stars The caterpillar who makes holes?!?!, 21 Jun 2011
Well, I searched for a French translation for "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" and found only this one, the title wasn't correctly translated. But I wanted to give it a try.

Making holes can sound fun in French but if you want to read it for a child who knows the English version it is very confusing.

Moreover, there is such an emphasis on the making holes idea that it is repeated all along with the fruits: On Monday, he ate through one apple, he made one hole..., On Tueseday (...)he made two holes, etc. It is an overkill of the art of Eric Carle, the holes are physically there and the text completes wonderfully the illustrations, no need to make a redundant description.

I am still waiting for a perfect "La Chenille qui a très faim" and preferably a board book.

Eric Carle - French: LA Coccinelle Mal Lunee
Eric Carle - French: LA Coccinelle Mal Lunee
by Eric Carle-Hörbuch

3.0 out of 5 stars The board book is actually a hard cover, 21 Jun 2011
I was quite disappointed to see that the "Board Book" I ordered, came in hardcover... I love Eric Carle and I am trying to get the same books in English and french for my son. To select this title, I searched for Eric Carle board books in French... but no... it's just a hardcover! Toddlers love to tear paper and I hope it won't happen to this book!

The product deserves 5 stars if it was as described, it is another Eric Carle masterpiece and it is well translated in French.

I am going to contact Amazon and see if they can replace it...

Haba Color Snake Clutching Toy
Haba Color Snake Clutching Toy
Offered by Wooden Toy Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific manipulative toy, 5 Mar 2011
I was looking for a "smart" clutching toy for my 5-month-old son and after a good search, I chose this one. It's a great buy. My son has been chewing it, mouthing it, looking at it, manipulating it, throwing it, etc. I usually change its shape in front of him so he can do that intentionally later. Even his dad plays with it to make shapes like car, fish, glasses, tripod, dog, rocking chair, etc. Plus, it's made of high quality wood painted with non toxic colors. I highly recommend this and will buy Haba toys again and again.