Profile for Cider girl > Reviews

Clinique 100ml EDP Spray Rose Beyond
Clinique 100ml EDP Spray Rose Beyond
Offered by Bargain Beauty UK Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Ashes of roses, 21 Nov 2014
Wow! Think I've found my new signature fragrance; bizarre that it's by Clinique as I wore Wrappings for years, soooo hope that this is not discontinued from general sales too. It's rosy and incensey, warm and sweet and luscious! Great price and good service from Online Beauty Buys - thank you so much :-)

Luella's Guide to English Style
Luella's Guide to English Style
by Luella Bartley

2.0 out of 5 stars Style Crisis, 1 Jun 2011
Sorry, Luella, I was really looking forward to reading this book, but I've read it cover to cover now and I'm none the wiser!had meant to buy it when it was first published but life got in the way. Reminded of it whilst ordering a (certain French model's) guide to style on Amazon and so ordered it. Found the prose hard going (and I read some convoluted stuff for English Lit 'A' level so it's not my inability to read!) and nothing comes to mind to recommend it.

Winter Sea, The
Winter Sea, The
by Susanna Kearsley

5.0 out of 5 stars Awaiting Sophia's adventures in Ireland!!, 2 Mar 2011
This review is from: Winter Sea, The (Hardcover)
Have loved S.K.'s novels since I read Mariana in 1995 and have bought most since!! If I could write a book this is what I would wish to have written. 'Sophia's Secret/The Winter Sea' is one of my favourites; I was enthralled from page one, loved the 'sting in the tail' and as another reviewer claimed, the characters have stayed with me long since reading their tale. I guess a sequel is out of the question?? I will have to imagine the happy ever after myself!