Profile for Chelseh > Reviews

The B-Sides
Offered by Sent2u
Price: 8.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A collection of greats we've heard before, 30 Jan 2014
This review is from: The B-Sides (Audio CD)
As another reviewer pointed out, fans of Gaslight will have heard most of these tracks before, but I knew I had before purchasing. What this album is is a place to put them all together on an official release. She Loves You is perhaps one of the band's finest songs, the acoustic version of The '59 Sound will make you fall in love with Brian's voice all over again, and their cover of Songs for Teenagers is a completely different take on the song. I wanted this collection mostly for completion purposes and I knew exactly what I was getting, and I'm very happy to get it. My only complaint would be I wished they'd included more original songs and less acoustic takes on their already well-established songs, there are some excellent Gaslight songs hiding away that could do with being brought to a wider audience.

Catching Fire (Hunger Games, Book 2)
Catching Fire (Hunger Games, Book 2)
by Suzanne Collins
Price: 3.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Bit of a slow start, but emerges as the best of the 3, 3 Oct 2011
As said, the beginning is a tad slow but the author throws in a couple of twists that totally make up for it. Once it got it's teeth into the real meat of the story, I thought it was the best book in the trilogy. It was nice to have some more characters' personalities explored and new ones introduced too, rather than focusing solely on Katniss and Peeta. Make sure you order the third early, as the cliffhanger's a killer.

The Hunger Games
The Hunger Games
by Suzanne Collins
Price: 3.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Gripping, 3 Oct 2011
This review is from: The Hunger Games (Paperback)
Realistic characters, an interesting idea and the writing had me absolutely gripped. My only criticism would be that it is at times quite predictable... but in fairness the later novels had me clueless.

Finding Sky
Finding Sky
by Joss Stirling

2.0 out of 5 stars Meh, 3 Oct 2011
This review is from: Finding Sky (Paperback)
Everything about it seemed a little too Twilight-esque I'm afraid. Typical girl-moves-from-exciting-city-to-slow-boring-one story, whiny main character with an annoying voice and a 'perfect' yet stalkery heartthrob. But as a read, it wasn't too painful and at times mildly enjoyable.