Profile for H Review > Reviews

Content by H Review

H Review "H" (Great Britain)

Page: 1 | 2
Asperger's Syndrome and Puberty: by the girl with the curly hair: Volume 11 (The Visual Guides)
by Alis Rowe

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book on puberty for girls on the autistic spectrum!, 24 Jan. 2016
What an excellent job Alis Rowe has done with "AS and Puberty"! I will be recommending this book to all mums of AS daughters, pre teen and teen girls, who I know and parents I work with who have AS daughters! I love the way it's from TGWTCH perspective making it feel very real and, I suspect, for teen AS girls like checking with a friend as to what puberty means rather than just mum. The practical tips will provide a great reference for AS girls while they go through their teens. I see so much of what my now adult daughter with AS went through in her teens. I wish I'd had this book to refer to and to give her to refer to. Fantastic!
Comment Comment | Permalink

Careforair Rainbow Breezer with 100mL Thai Lotus essence - White Electric Air Purifier Revitaliser Humidifier Air Freshener Diffuser - Dust Bad Odour tobacco fumes Allergens Asthma - Colour Changing LED Light with On Off Switch - High Quality Motor
Offered by Concept2Commerce

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Breezer!, 15 Nov. 2015
Very pleased with my new Rainbow Breezer. It arrived speedily and with everything included. Easy to set up and start using. Love the colour settings and very happy with the fresh and soothing aroma the Breezer diffuses. Have it in my bedroom. The sound and smell lull me into a restful sleep. Highly recommended!

The Girl with the Curly Hair - The Visual Guides - 10 Book Box Set - by Alis Rowe

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Books on Asperger's Syndrome!, 31 July 2015
I have all of these books and can honestly say they are the most clear, concise, visual, informative and easy to read guide books on Asperger's Syndrome (AS) and Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD) I have ever bought. I use them as a parent of a daughter diagnosed with AS to enable me to understand her better and promote better communication between us but also as a professional working with families who have one or more children or young people diagnosed with AS or ASD in their families. These books are fantastic for parents and for older children, young people and adults on the Autism Spectrum to read whether newly diagnosed or on a journey of understanding AS/ ASD and how best to communicate and manage where they may experience difficulties on a daily basis or in a specific area of life in a predominantly neurotypical world The books also recognise positive attributes and strengths of neurodiversity and being on the autistic spectrum! Recommended for parents, professionals and anyone living with or loving someone, or with an interest in others, with AS or ASD.

Asperger's Syndrome Meltdowns and Shutdowns: by the girl with the curly hair: Volume 3 (The Visual Guides)
by Alis Rowe

5.0 out of 5 stars Every parent/carer of an AS child/young person should have a copy of this book!, 30 Mar. 2015
I absolutely love this book! It explains the difference between AS meltdowns and shutdowns in a clear and precise way, something every parent or carer of a person with AS needs to know so he or she can understand and react to the situation in the most appropriate way thereby decreasing the stress both to parent/carer and for the individual with AS. I really wish I'd had this book available to me when my AS daughter was a child. Understanding that what she was experiencing - meltdowns and shutdowns - and why would have saved a great deal of stress and heartache for us both! Also, knowing that they were definitely NOT tantrums would have helped immensely, both in how I reacted to her in the situation and how I reacted to those around me - friends, family and strangers - all of whom were quick to label her behaviour as a tantrum whereas I knew it was something more, I just didn't know what! I would recommend any parent of a child with AS buy this book as soon as they are diagnosed. As a parent I believe understanding the difference between tantrums v shutdowns/meltdowns is a fundamental part of parenting a child on the autistic spectrum. What Alis has provided in this book is clear reference to the differences in her usual visual, clear and effective way. I think this book would be extremely useful for professionals too, especially newly qualified teachers and support staff who may not fully appreciate the difference in behaviour in an AS child when they first encounter it. Well done Alis, another excellent book!

Russell Brand - Messiah Complex [DVD]
Russell Brand - Messiah Complex [DVD]
Dvd ~ Russell Brand
Offered by Shop4World

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant DVD!, 7 Feb. 2014
I'd already seen this show before I ordered the DVD but the DVD did not fail to disappoint in any way, in fact it was even funnier watching the show second time round! Well worth buying especially if you are a Russell Brand fan.

The 1st Comic Book: Book 1: The Girl with the Curly Hair
The 1st Comic Book: Book 1: The Girl with the Curly Hair
by Alis Rowe

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Fantastic Book by The Girl With The Curly Hair, 7 Feb. 2014
This book is easy to read - well illustrated and informative in a clear and concise way. Easily shared with my teenage daughter who is on the autistic spectrum - I recognize so much of her in the examples in the book! This book will really help my family and friends understand the autistic spectrum world as necessary or if they are interested to know more about it generally. I would definitely recommend this book to other parents. I would also recommend it to education staff and other professionals to promote greater autistic spectrum understanding and awareness.

Savic Bag It Up Jumbo Liners for Cat Litter Trays, 55 cm
Savic Bag It Up Jumbo Liners for Cat Litter Trays, 55 cm

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a large as expected from description of Jumbo size, 31 Jan. 2013
The product arrived promptly and in good condition. However, the liners did not fit my cats' large litter tray whereas previous alternative make ex large size have fitted adequately. I was disappointed with the product for the price I paid. I can get ex large liners which fit cheaper elsewhere.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 29, 2014 1:59 PM BST

Vento Compact Line Prop
Vento Compact Line Prop

3.0 out of 5 stars Arrived promptly, 31 Oct. 2011
I was pleased that the two props I ordered arrived promptly and were well packaged.

Whilst they do the job for which they were intended, I was slightly disappointed that the mechanism for tightening up the pole once it is extended is a bit fiddly and sometimes takes a few attempts. It was also disappointing that one of the features of the product was that it had a stop on the bottom to prevent the pole sinking into the ground but one of the props had half the stop broken off on arrival. As it still does the job and I needed it I couldn't be bothered to send it back.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Good purchase, 23 Sept. 2010
Ordered for a birthday present for a girl age 11. She was thrilled with it. I was more than happy with the purchase. Arrived promptly, well packaged and good quality. I would order another one from the range.

Mbody: Sterling Silver and Light Rose Pink Swarovski Crystal, Round Flat Disc Earring Studs, 7mm

5.0 out of 5 stars Good purchase, 23 Sept. 2010
I ordered these earrings for my mum's birthday to go with a necklace I had bought her of a similar colour. The product arrived promptly and my mum was thrilled with her present. A week or so later one of the earrings broke, the post came away from the back of the earring. My mum was dismayed as she really liked the earrings. I contacted the seller straight away and was told to return the earring for a replacement. I did so and a new earring arrived promptly and without any fuss or bother. My mum has had no bother with the earrings since and she wears them regularly. I am really pleased with my purchase and impressed with the customer service I received when a problem arose initially. I cannot fault the seller and I would order from this seller again. A good purchase and excellent customer service.

Page: 1 | 2