Profile for Ronnie O'Sullivan > Reviews

Content by Ronnie O'Sullivan

Ronnie O'Sullivan

The Chimp Paradox: The Mind Management Programme to Help You Achieve Success, Confidence and Happiness
by Prof Steve Peters

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Book, 9 Jan 2012
this book is fantastic... i have been a profesional sportsman for 20n years winning 3 world titles..4 uk champs..4 masters titles plus many more titles... my journey has not always been the the best in terms of how i have felt about it.. many times vowing to retire.. it has been that hard.. in this time i have worked with many people to try and help me through the journey... and in my opionion nothing has come close to how this book explains things.. this book really helps you make the descions for yourself.. it gives you he tools to deal with all things life can throw at you.. it has enabled me to to see the wood through the trees.. it has helped me see that i was not going mad.. i just was not able to understand how my mind the machine works..i now am able to play snooker and not feel that my self worth depends on winning a game of snooker.. which i have done for years.. yes i still want to win.. but i dont need to define my self through having to win every snooker game i play in..i now feel able to play.. and handle the the negative thoughts which used to make me wanna lose and go home..and tell my self i did not want to compete..i had that mind set for years..
the book has also helped me make good choices in making time for the people who really matter in life.. this is called the troop.. and how much better life has got since getting the right people back in my life..tjhis has made i massive difference to my life.. it is ongoing.. and needs you to put the work in.. it wont just happen.. you need to make it happen.. the book really does offer simple but effective ways on how to really improve your life..i have red many self help books.. and worked with many people the field of self help.. and nothing comes close to to this model.. anyone can get something out of reading the book.. its one of those books u just wanna buy for people you know..u just know they will thank you for it.. and say i really got a lot out reading the book...and lets be honest .. what price can u put on being happy?..
Ronnie O'Sullivan
Comment Comments (45) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 10, 2014 3:26 PM BST