ARRAY(0xb3d0ef3c)

Profile for V. Mortensson > Reviews

Content by V. Mortensson

V. Mortensson (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
50 Great Curries of India
50 Great Curries of India
by Camellia Panjabi
Price: 7.69

3.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book but .., 29 Jun 2013
I think the book is beautifully written. I really appreciated the introduction to Indian cuisine, the explanations for usage of spices and the overall philosophy behind the cooking. Also the pictures are stunning.
However, I have tried about 4 recipes so far and neither of them was that great to be honest. I followed them to the dot, yet I can not get anything similar to the food I was used to from the London East End restaurants (I have not been to India so can not compare the food from there). One recipe was supposed to be mild, however it uses 4 chillies and it was definitively not mild!! So I am not throwing the book away just yet, but at the moment I am not that sure about it.

Orchard Toys Shopping List
Orchard Toys Shopping List
Price: 6.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good!, 29 Jun 2013
This review is from: Orchard Toys Shopping List (Toy)
Our daughters (4.5y and 2.5y) really enjoy this one. We got it together with the Tummy Ache game and I can not tell which one they love more. It if fantastic to see them how happy they are when we ask them if they want to play. Even the smaller girl could grasp the rules hence whole family can have fun together. I have one complaint, and that is that there are 4 shopping lists, and only one has candy in it. In normal circumstances I would be happy that they do not teach kids to eat sweets, however that card is the one they both want to have every time! There could have been more cards for the money I thought, but I still would highly recommend it!

Orchard Toys Tummy Ache
Orchard Toys Tummy Ache
Price: 8.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great., 29 Jun 2013
This review is from: Orchard Toys Tummy Ache (Toy)
This game was an instant success with our daughters (4.5y and 2.5y). It was great that we could play all together as a family, it had simple rules so even the small one could easily follow it and be involved. It is made of durable card board with lovely vividly colored pictures. Can not fault it, really.

Orchard Toys Who's in the Jungle?
Orchard Toys Who's in the Jungle?
Price: 5.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Quite nice., 11 Mar 2011
Do not take me wrong, it is a very nice puzzle. I got it on sale for[] pounds which seemed like a bargain. However my 2 year old finds it too easy. She puts it together rather fast and now she is loosing an interest in it.So get it, but for perhaps 18months baby so it lasts you longer.

Sonic Alert SBP100 Extra Loud Portable Vibrating Alarm Clock- UK Version
Sonic Alert SBP100 Extra Loud Portable Vibrating Alarm Clock- UK Version
Price: 18.89

2.0 out of 5 stars It will wake you (and the rest of the room members) up., 11 Mar 2011
Hubby got it so he could wake up unnoticed when going to work. As we have a baby in the room too, neither her nor me wanted to be woken up unnecessary every morning.
Well, good point is that it is portable (in case our toddler wakes up and hubby needs to go there and sleep there). Also, it is a good size and the vibration is very strong so there is not worry it would not wake you up. However, it is terribly loud!! The vibration generates as much noise as a normal alarm clock I reckon. There are also two buttons one on each side, one switches it off completely and other puts it into snooze setting. As they are identical, they are terribly easy to mistake when you are not looking as we found out the hard way.
All in all, he is not going to use it again, it did not fit our purpose. Good for one person in the room I reckon.

Melissa & Doug Maggie Leigh Magnetic Dress-Up Set
Melissa & Doug Maggie Leigh Magnetic Dress-Up Set
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice toy!, 6 Jan 2011
My 2year old daughter just received the toy. She has enjoyed the novelty of it and we spoke a lot about what the girl is wearing and what top goes with what shoes and so on. It is very sturdy and I believe that it will last quite a while. Overall very nice item and I would definitively recommend it.

Melissa & Doug Magnetic Wooden Fishing Game with Magnetic Fishing Pole
Melissa & Doug Magnetic Wooden Fishing Game with Magnetic Fishing Pole
Price: 6.39

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, for a two year old!, 26 Dec 2010
My daughter will be two in a few weeks time and got this for Christmas. She opened it and immediately knew what to do after I fished out first fish. She fished all of the fish and put them back within about 2 minutes! That was a big surprise as it is rated for children 3 and above. I do not know if she has it in the nursery (have to ask) but that does not change the fact that she could do it in a nick of time in her age. Therefore I would recommend this toy for 2 and above, that is why I gave it 4 instead of 5 stars. But she has a great fun playing with it round and round so we are very pleased with it.

Sesame Street Elmo Lunch Tin
Sesame Street Elmo Lunch Tin

5.0 out of 5 stars Greal!, 23 Dec 2010
This review is from: Sesame Street Elmo Lunch Tin
I got this bag (in grey) to store my toddler's toys in our living room. I wanted something which would look good and not be childish as we have a small place. It works perfectly. Looks stylish (mind you, the pattern is printed on the fabric, not part of the fabric itself), holds the shape very well and stores tons of stuff! I can not recommend this more and already I got a few nice comments from friends.

Melissa & Doug Wooden Bear Family Dress-Up Puzzle
Melissa & Doug Wooden Bear Family Dress-Up Puzzle
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 20 Nov 2010
I got this for my daughter, then about 14months. She has loved it ever since. I hide it for a few weeks and then bring it back and now she is almost 2 and still plays with it happily. At first it was a challenge to put the right shapes where they should go but now it is more about what clothes fit what shoes etc. Can not fault it really.

Russell Hobbs 13766 2-Slice Classic Toaster in Polished Stainless Steel
Russell Hobbs 13766 2-Slice Classic Toaster in Polished Stainless Steel
Price: 23.00

3.0 out of 5 stars I would not buy it again I think..., 21 Oct 2010
I had this toaster for about 2 months now. The great feature is that it has very large slots which means that slices from my Philips breadmaker fit in. It also looks quite nice so no complains there.
However, the slots are also very deep which means I have to use a tool every time to get the toast out even with the push up feature. Also, I do like my toasts lightly brown. First batch seems to be OK and if I place another two slices in after the first two, they will come out very very dark. And I use the lowest from lowest settings! I have not even tried to set it up for higher, I think I would get a piece of charcoal at the end. The outer cover gets also very hot after single use, but that is something you learn to live with and it cools fairly fast.

So not sure if my machine is faulty in that sense but based on this I would not recommend it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 2, 2013 11:30 AM BST