Profile for Mrs. J. Ross > Reviews

Content by Mrs. J. Ross

Mrs. J. Ross "JR" (Scotland)

The Storyteller
The Storyteller
by Jodi Picoult

5.0 out of 5 stars A superb read!, 13 Oct. 2014
This review is from: The Storyteller (Paperback)
Superb read, couldn't put it down! Harrowing at times - story very well told.

Morphy Richards Jet Stream 42254 Steam Generator, Mauve
Morphy Richards Jet Stream 42254 Steam Generator, Mauve

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant iron for our B&B, 16 April 2013
We run Hassendean B&B in the Scottish Borders and do a lot of ironing of sheets, quilt covers etc. This iron is a dream and makes it so easy, I love it. I dropped the water container recently and broke it, and managed to get a replacement on Amazon.

My Cousin Rosa
My Cousin Rosa
by Rosa Mitchell

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book, from a design perspective and recipes are awesome, 16 April 2013
This review is from: My Cousin Rosa (Hardcover)
We visited friends in Australia, whose son designed this book. The cover, pictures and artwork inside are beautifully done, recipes only use about 6 ingredients and are delicious. A great present for people, or a treat for yourself!

Lonely Planet Vietnam (Travel Guide)
Lonely Planet Vietnam (Travel Guide)
by Lonely Planet

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful, though bulky for back packing, 16 April 2013
Handy to have, though I find the print very small. I used this as a quick info gathering guide. Most travellers are carrying these for reference!

Canon NB-11L Battery Pack (discontinued by manufacturer)
Canon NB-11L Battery Pack (discontinued by manufacturer)
Offered by MoveAir

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy as back up when travelling, 16 April 2013
I never go anywhere without a back up battery, as I've been caught out before and it's so annoying! Easy to carry around.

Country Kitchen Egg Cabinet
Country Kitchen Egg Cabinet
Offered by Sylvester Oxford Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Dinky egg holder, 16 April 2013
I have one of these myself and bought this one as a gift for a family member. Everyone admires them and asks where they came from.

Her Last Letter
Her Last Letter

5.0 out of 5 stars Loving this book, a real page-turner, can't put it down!, 16 April 2013
This review is from: Her Last Letter (Kindle Edition)
I downloaded this onto my kindle, and started it 2 days ago, a very well written story with intrigue all the way, I am racing through it to see what happened - love it!

APPLE CERTIFIED EMERGENCY PHONE CHARGER & BACKUP BATTERY FOR IPHONE 3G, 3GS, 4, 4S & iPOD, iPOD TOUCH, iPOD NANO & iPOD CLASSIC - More than DOUBLES THE PORTABLE USAGE TIME

5.0 out of 5 stars Very handy piece of kit for travelling, 16 April 2013
As those with iphones know the battery charge runs downs very quickly, this is a brilliant addition for a quick charge in the middle of anywhere. I was recently in Vietnam and this provided great back up when on the move.

Untouchable [DVD] (2011)
Untouchable [DVD] (2011)
Dvd ~ François Cluzet

5.0 out of 5 stars Superbly acted, telling a true story, very very funny!, 16 April 2013
This review is from: Untouchable [DVD] (2011) (DVD)
I first saw this film in a local cinema in 2012, and have searched for it ever since on dvd. I have now watched it 3 times and still find things that I missed. The two main characters are brilliant together in portraying a superb true story. You have to listen very carefully as it is in French with subtitles. The humour is outragious and hilarious - 100 percent recommended!!