Profile for Holly > Reviews

FROM ESSENCE TO EXPRESSION: HOW TO CREATE A BRAND FROM NOTHING
by ALEXANDER SANSON
Price: 9.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential guide to SME branding!, 14 Dec 2012
This book is an entertaining course in getting to the heart of your brand and then what needs to happen to bring it to life. From Essence to Expression has loads of great case studies and funny stories to illustrate, in simple terms, how to find your essence and then express it visually. This easy and fun read has an 8-step process that helps the reader drill down to find their main essence (what exactly are you selling - not in commodity terms but in value). Each chapter is summarised with Key Points and then there are 7 exercises in the back of the book to help you further.

In a nutshell, this book is a no-brainer if you need to create a brand or rebrand your existing company.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 9, 2013 2:13 PM GMT

Profit Rocket: The Five Key Focus Areas to Skyrocket Your Profit
Profit Rocket: The Five Key Focus Areas to Skyrocket Your Profit
by Kelly Clifford
Price: 10.39

5.0 out of 5 stars This little book turned me into a BIG THINKER!, 30 Oct 2012
It's embarrassing as a business owner to have to slink by and sidestep conversations that have numbers in them. This was my deepest, darkest secret...yeah, I HATE NUMBERS and don't get them at all...

...or at least that was until Profit Rocket illuminated my world. Thank goodness someone could see my world so clearly and speak my language so I'd not only understand numbers but fall in love with them! This book turns numbers into a game and I LOVE the 35 ideas to get you started. Great tips!

I admit it took me two weeks of staring at this book on my shelf because it was about NUMBERS, but I took the plunge and to my absolute surprise found it FUN! There are tons of useful exercises and the "dry matter" is written as if Kelly Clifford is sitting with me at my kitchen table.

This book completely changed my thinking around profit, numbers and WHY I'm in business. I love what I do (Japanese tea) but now I'm able to see that by boosting my profit, I can spread my love of Japanese tea to more people. I view making a profit more for the benefit of others than for me personally. No longer do I feel guilty about making a lot of money.

Universal Nut Milk Bag
Universal Nut Milk Bag
Offered by Living Milk
Price: 7.41

5.0 out of 5 stars Miracle in a bag!, 30 Oct 2012
Sometimes it's the little things that make the biggest difference in life. Well, this bag does just that! I've had a lot of nut milk bags in the past 15 years but this is absolutely leagues above the rest for two distinct reasons...no three:

1) it's HUGE and you need that when making nut milks. The bag can fit over a bowl or jug so you don't need to hold it while pouring your blender full of milk into it (hoping all the milk fits and that it goes in the bag and not on the floor!)

2) the material is tough so it can withstand twisting and squeezing as if you were Rambo

3) and this is my favorite reason...that darn cute rainbow pull! I love it almost as much as Hello Kitty.

You will find your pot of GOLD at the end of this rainbow!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 23, 2013 4:50 PM BST