Profile for student2003 > Reviews

Getting Things Done: How to Achieve Stress-free Productivity
Getting Things Done: How to Achieve Stress-free Productivity
by David Allen

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best investments you'll ever make, 20 Sept. 2003
Whether you have a problem with being overloaded, clutter, forgetfulness, being unable to say no to requests, or simply not knowing where to find invoices etc when you need them, this book is for you. You must be prepared however to set aside at least 1 to 4 days to set up your system but once it is rolling you feel so mentally free and in control. I have a few books on time management but this is definitely the best...

HEAVEN IN YOUR HEART (Christian Living)
HEAVEN IN YOUR HEART (Christian Living)
by MONTGOMERY ED

4.0 out of 5 stars This book is an extremely worthwhile investment..., 9 Aug. 2002
If you have a problem with your mindset, you're always thinking negative, always thinking you're a failure, always intimidated, doubtful, you accept failure as your lot in life....then this book is for you. It really motivates you and there is no hypnosis or hocus pocus involved. This book was the gentle shove I needed to continue with my degree studies. If I had not read this book, I probably would have quit after my second year. It covers all the issues I mentioned at the beginning of this review. Only thing is, it kinds of shuts out anyone who isn't American, talking about the American dream and racism in America. Perhaps a revised issue for Christians worldwide would be great.

Jazz Piano Scales, Grades 1-5 (ABRSM Exam Pieces)
Jazz Piano Scales, Grades 1-5 (ABRSM Exam Pieces)
by Abrsm
Edition: Sheet music

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, great price!!, 29 May 2002
This jazz scale book is exactly what I needed and at a fabulous price too. A great self-help product for anyone with a basic knowledge of musical notation.

French With Michel Thomas Complete Course CD
French With Michel Thomas Complete Course CD
by Michel Thomas
Edition: Audio CD

3.0 out of 5 stars It's good, but could do with improvement!, 8 May 2002
I decided to purchase this audio kit because despite £££ spent on private tuition, French books and cassettes, I still felt my French was limited. Michel Thomas' French Complete Course is great if you're a beginner to French but not if you've had quite a few lessons and books in your time, however, he has a great way of making grammar non-tedious. I only have two criticisms; I find that his accent a bit of an interference, but given that he is not native French that is expected. Secondly, he teaches some very unnatural sounding phrases like "I want to know how much it is" rather than "C'est combien" (how much?) or "I would like a glass of red wine" when everyone knows when you walk into a restaurant and say "a red wine, please" 99.95% of the time it will be served in a glass unless you specifically say bottle, or unless you're visiting a wine merchant's. So I find the dialogue slightly unnatural. However, I have the Michel Thomas Complete Spanish and I find it excellent but then I am a complete Spanish beginner and someone who is already acquainted with Spanish may encounter the same things I noticed in French. Despite all of the above, an exciting amd fun introduction to foreign language.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 14, 2015 2:28 PM GMT

Living Whole Without a Better Half
Living Whole Without a Better Half
by Wendy Widder

5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshing reading for the single Christian, 6 Mar. 2002
This book is a great purchase because it addresses the issue of singleness in a way that only someone who has experienced the single life can. Great examples of biblical characters with demonstrations of how they overcome adversity. What can I say? Worth every penny.