Profile for Jonas Van Claat > Reviews

Content by Jonas Van Claat

Jonas Van Claat (UK)

IncrediSonic Ultra Play IMP150 - HD TV Digital Mini Media Player - 1080p - Play any file from USB HDDs/Flashdrives/Memory Cards
Offered by Planet Marketing

5.0 out of 5 stars Feedback via my Dad, 27 Dec 2012
I bought this as a present for my Dad who regularly likes to watch and listen to media on his TV via his laptop. This cuts out the middleman and provides seamless playback of almost any file under the sun without the hassle of all his previous connectivity. The size of the actual player is tiny. Perhaps slightly bigger than an audio cassette (if you're not sure what that is ask your parents!) but this little thing packs a punch. He uses SD cards, USB sticks and external drives as the inputs and they take everything without fail. A mighty product from a brand that I admit that I had never heard of before but will heartily recommend to anyone who has digitised their AV collection.

SoundMAGIC E10 Earphones - Black/Gold
SoundMAGIC E10 Earphones - Black/Gold

5.0 out of 5 stars Best value for money earphones I've used, 1 Dec 2011
I have used various brands from Sony to Sennheiser to Shure and spent a significant amount of money along the way. My personal view is if you have access to lossless formats then you really should invest in the best pair that you can afford as the more you compress you music, the more you will regret it when you up the stakes with you earphones.

However, that was before I came across these. I can't think of a better product, pound for pound on the market. As with all in-ear products, fit is the key. Once you have got the perfect seal then you are going to hear frequencies in your music that have been reserved for sea-life.

It feels offensive to call these a premium budget brand but to spend 3 times as much on some 'luxury' brands that will not be able to offer such a holistic sound seems foolhardy.

Vanquish (PS3)
Vanquish (PS3)
Offered by DVDGAMING DIRECT

5.0 out of 5 stars The best game you've never heard of!, 31 Jan 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Vanquish (PS3) (Video Game)
From the same team that brought you Bayonetta, (didn't play that either? Get it) brings you a single player game that models itself closely on X360 exclusive Gears of War, but just happens to make it better and faster. In fact, I'm worried about playing Gears 3 after playing this as this romp (it's not a long game by any means) was the best 3rd person shooter I've ever played. I'm just grateful my friend had it on or else there's a huge chance I wouldn't have come across this gem.

And for the price it is borderline lunacy not to own it. Not much else I can say as I'm going to try God Hard. (You'll understand once you get it!)

Archos Clipper 2GB MP3 Player
Archos Clipper 2GB MP3 Player
Offered by UK Supplies

4.0 out of 5 stars Get what you pay for, 2 Aug 2010
I needed a cheap and light MP3 player to take on runs as my ipod is too burly for such things and felt that this would do the job. And it did.

Unfussy controls, easy to attach (on shorts) and the battery lasted comfortably for as long as I needed it and only needs charging once a week (approx 5 hours use per week).

However, I never use 'accompanying' earphones as I want to hear the music and not share it with the world so use my own Sennheiser and the punch from this little beauty is more than sufficient. Think that may be the reason for the poor reviews here.

Very competent player and very happy with it but beware using the earphones that are bundled with it, probably ineffectual like the rest that the industry forces on us.

Buffalo Drivestation 1TB USB 2.0 External Hard Drive
Buffalo Drivestation 1TB USB 2.0 External Hard Drive

5.0 out of 5 stars Big Buffalo does good, 30 April 2009
Very happy with this product. Not sure how well turbo station works unless I'm not bright enough to tell the difference as it appears to transfer at the same speed. It looks good, very quiet and very competitively priced. Better than my previous (non Buffalo) HDs. All-in-all, great product. Would definitely recommend it.

Shure E3C - Headphones -Wideband MicroDriver Technology
Shure E3C - Headphones -Wideband MicroDriver Technology

5.0 out of 5 stars If only I'd known earlier...., 20 Jun 2007
I've been looking for the 'perfect' headphones for 5 months and narrowed it down to these and Bose. On receipt, I immediately started to listen to my ipod using this product. I was devastated! The sound was weak, and the bass was non-existent.... that was until I went through obsessive levels of trial and error to get the right size and feel!! My music has now been transformed and I've heard basslines that did not register using other products. Put simply, this is the best audio product I've ever bought. Just be patient in trying to get the right fit and you will be rewarded with the kind of listening experience that'll make you shed tears. Warning though... you will hear NOTHING else but music regardless of volume. The isolation is second to none. Fantastic product and an absolute steal at this price in comparison to competitors!

Pro Evolution Soccer 6 (Xbox 360)
Pro Evolution Soccer 6 (Xbox 360)
Offered by NextDayEntertainment

3.0 out of 5 stars So near, yet so far!, 1 Nov 2006
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
The gameplay is improved and instead of wholesale changes, PES6 is full of nuances to help make it that little bit more realistic. I believe the graphics aren't even testing the capabilities of the 360's power but the main reason why I'm not giving the 5 star general, is the lack of editing facilities.

I want the option of designing my own team, kit and boots. I can't understand why this would be omitted as this is the landmark footballing title on the machine. Also, not to have the option to save a goal is unbelievable. The replay facility lets you go back far into the move (missing from its predecessors) so all the Arsenal-style football could be captured and allow you to gloat over your lesser skilled friends.

In essence, it's still the best football game available on this machine, but the lack of options and horrendous commentary (What's a counter-raid?) means that that all my hopes are going to be pinned on PES7! It should be the greatest and the reason why everyone only needs one game, but that's not the case.