Profile for Vivienne Kelly > Reviews

City Girl
City Girl
by Patricia Scanlan

5.0 out of 5 stars City life!, 6 Nov. 2011
This review is from: City Girl (Paperback)
A fan of Irish writers, I particularly enjoy Patricia Scanlan as a natural storyteller. Her books are exciting and very easy to read. City Girl is one of my favourties and I really felt that I got to know the three characters, Davlin, Caroline and Maggie very well as the book progressed. I an now a devoted fan of Scanlan and have read all her books. Wonderful!

P.S. I Love You [DVD] [2008]
P.S. I Love You [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ Hilary Swank
Offered by Direct Entertainment Supplies

4.0 out of 5 stars Liked it, didn't love it though., 6 Nov. 2011
This review is from: P.S. I Love You [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
First off I am a fan of Cecilia Ahern, especially her earlier books but this film was not as good as the book. I gave it four stars because of the gorgeous Gerard Butler but I wish the film had more Irish actors in it because the Irish accents are just awful. I enjoyed watching it on a lazy Sunday afternoon but I probably woudn't watch it again as there are much better rom coms on offer.

The Nanny Diaries : A Novel
The Nanny Diaries : A Novel
by Nicola Kraus

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 3 Nov. 2011
I finished this book a few days ago. I thought it was very well written and I really felt for the heroine who worked as a nanny for an obnoxious,wealthy, materialistic Manhattan couple. The mother of the little boy was so vain and insecure and didn't treat the nanny very well. It was quite frightening to think somebody could lead such a shallow life! Enjoyed the film too!

Watermelon [DVD] [2003]
Watermelon [DVD] [2003]
Dvd ~ Anna Friel

4.0 out of 5 stars Liked it, but preferred the book., 3 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Watermelon [DVD] [2003] (DVD)
I am a huge Marian Keyes fan and having read Watermelon twice and loved it, I thought I'd order the film on DVD. It's good but not great. Anne Friel makes a god heroine but the Irish accents throughout were dodgy to say the least.

Irish Girls About Town
Irish Girls About Town
by Maeve Binchy

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing., 27 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Irish Girls About Town (Paperback)
I have really got into Irish writers recently so I was thrilled to pick this up in a charity shop. Fun, quirky and original, this books gives you a taste of different Irish writers. I won't be passing this on. This book's a keeper.

Sushi for Beginners
Sushi for Beginners
by Marian Keyes

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 27 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Sushi for Beginners (Paperback)
This must be one of the author's best books. It's about three completely different women in their thirties and the book is set in the world of magazines. I found it to be a real page turner. Marian at her best!