Profile for N. Ensser > Reviews

Pyramid Repel 55 Insect/Mosquito Repellent Deet Spray - 120ml
Pyramid Repel 55 Insect/Mosquito Repellent Deet Spray - 120ml
Offered by GADGETS4TRAVEL

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply amazing!!, 29 July 2014
I seriously cannot recommend this product enough which is why it gets 5 stars from me, and I am making the effort to leave an actual review. I bought this after searching through the mosquito sprays on amazon, based on the reviews already given. 2 weeks in Corfu so far, and not one bite. Indeed I have actually witnessed a mosquito die as it landed on me.

On the other hand, my friend who decided to rely on her old fashioned citronella mixed with baby oil 'trusted' remedy, has been bitten everywhere on a nightly basis.

Fair warning though, it is strong stuff, and very oily, so my autistic son who wouldn't use it because it was oil based, was also thoroughly attacked by the mosquitoes, and as other reviewers said, if you need your nails in pretty colours, this is not the product for you as it melts the nail varnish off your hands and feet almost instantly. I myself would rather have unbitten skin than my usual red nails. :D

Gok Cooks Chinese
Gok Cooks Chinese
by Gok Wan

5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressed, 28 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Gok Cooks Chinese (Hardcover)
I bought this in a desperate attempt to squash my developing take away habit and also because I completely doubted my skills in the kitchen thanks to a few disasters whenever I veered away from my traditional Moroccan cooking. I am seriously glad I did. I haven't tried all the recipes but so far I have tested 3 recipes, simple, easy to follow, and my bank balance and my belly are totally satisfied.

I was almost put off by the celebrity person behind the book, but again, I'm glad I got off my anti celebrity high horse, because this was a great investment.

Spice Storage Chest - 16 Drawer
Spice Storage Chest - 16 Drawer

3.0 out of 5 stars Arrived in a disappointing condition, 6 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Spice Storage Chest - 16 Drawer
Although it's definitely a pretty spice chest, the condition it arrived in was not nearly as attractive. Each drawer was filthy on the inside, not just from dust either, and some were chipped in places, thankfully just at the sides and the back, and the chips are old so not indicative of delivery issues.

Furthermore the little metal bits inside the wood designed to hold the drawers in place, were extremely rusty, and rust is hardly something you want to see on a new product, at this price, and designed to keep your cooking spices inside. Even worse, some of the metal parts will require me heading off to a DIY store to obtain small tacks, since they are hanging loose, missing the second tack of the two you can see hold them in place.

If I wasn't so determined to have this item, and I didn't hate the hassle of returning things, I would send this back and shop around for a cleaner, chip free and rust free version.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 29, 2014 8:13 AM BST

iStyle Slap on Silicone Watch Quartz Sports Watch Kid Woman Man Unisex  Navy Blue
iStyle Slap on Silicone Watch Quartz Sports Watch Kid Woman Man Unisex Navy Blue
Offered by Acorn Sport

1.0 out of 5 stars Dial fell out quite quickly, 8 July 2013
Novel idea, and my kid loved it, but by the end of the week the dial was well and truly lost since the dial kept falling out of the centre. Not worth the money by a long shot, even if it was cheap.

AA Car Essentials Fully Magnetic P Plates
AA Car Essentials Fully Magnetic P Plates
Offered by Goods 24/7

5.0 out of 5 stars surprisingly stayed on no matter the weather, 8 July 2013
I was a bit hesitant at the idea that a magnetic plate would remain attached to the car but it did. So I'm glad I bought it. In the end however I took it off as I realised that a P plate just gives permission to other drivers to bully you off the road, overtake you, and assume you have no idea what you are doing.

Since I removed it I haven't had any idiot thinking I'm easy pickings.

Nikon D3100 Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm VR Lens Kit (14.2MP) 3 inch LCD
Nikon D3100 Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm VR Lens Kit (14.2MP) 3 inch LCD
Offered by bargain express

5.0 out of 5 stars Glad I bought it, 8 July 2013
This is my first professional camera bought on the recommendation of a photographer friend of mine as I wanted to start capturing some good pictures of my children. I am glad I took his advice, it was easy to use, although I did buy the Nikon D3100 for dummies to accompany my attempts at using it just to be on the safe side. To be fair though, I barely used the book as the camera does all the work for me, and the internal guide helped walk me through everything else I needed to know.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 13, 2013 12:27 PM BST

5 Cities® world's lightest (only 0.5kg!) Cabin Size holdall -fits Ryan Air/Easy Jet 55 x 40 x x 20 -flight bag. Actual dimension 54x30x20, Massive 32l Capacity (Black/Red)

2.0 out of 5 stars didn't hold up well, 8 July 2013
Used this as my hand luggage for 2 holidays taken in the last month and it has already developed a tear along the seam, even with a minimal 5kg weight allowance.

La Leela Hibiscus Printed Chiffon Beach Swim Sarong Pareo White Red
La Leela Hibiscus Printed Chiffon Beach Swim Sarong Pareo White Red
Offered by *LaLeela*

5.0 out of 5 stars loved it, 8 July 2013
I ordered a different wrap from another seller in order to save on price, as this (to me on my budget) seemed a tad more than I wanted to spend. Sadly the other wrap from another seller had a misleading photo. So I returned to this and ordered it, and what you see, is exactly what you get. Beautiful vibrant reds, tropical greens, a complete match for the costumes I bought. I wish I had just ordered this from the very start, since it was exactly what I had been looking for.

Jeep XXL Extra Large Wheeled Holdall - 5 Years Warranty! (Red 31 Inch)
Jeep XXL Extra Large Wheeled Holdall - 5 Years Warranty! (Red 31 Inch)
Offered by LuggageCentreUK

5.0 out of 5 stars sturdy, spacious, worthwhile purchase, 8 July 2013
I bought this last month and have used it to travel both to Crete and to Corfu, and taking into consideration the way we all know baggage is handled and thrown around during airport loading, it has not one tear, not has any fault developed on both trips. I was a bit worried considering it was such a bargain, but I needn't have worried since it's still in fantastic condition and stored away for my next journeys. Definitely worth the 5 star recommendation.

SAD LIGHT THERAPY DAYLIGHT SUNLIGHT BOX LAMP 10,000 LUX
SAD LIGHT THERAPY DAYLIGHT SUNLIGHT BOX LAMP 10,000 LUX
Offered by In21 Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 24 May 2013
I truly believe this lamp made the difference in seeing me through a miserable winter. Not only that, but it wouldn't surprise me if it has contributed to a lifting of my depression. I've been using it for about 8 months, and I've seen a huge difference in myself. I would definitely recommend buying it to anyone else.

Page: 1 | 2