Profile for Proud to be Pagan > Reviews

Content by Proud to be Pagan

Proud to be Pagan

The Ghost Writer Automatic Writing Kit: Automatic Writing Kit - Messages from Beyond and Magic from Within
by Amy Zerner

3.0 out of 5 stars Not too impressed, 28 Mar. 2012
I bought this hoping for something a little more substantial in quality and presentation. The pen included for the planchette was absolutely USELESS, I tried a pencil, same problem and finally ended up trying with a fine tip marker in the end. The planchette is made of cardboard, flimsy, hard to use - it doesn't flow easily across the paper as expected. I must say that having used the old OUIJA boards and the ease with which the planchette graced the board had spoiled me. Sorry Amy, this one isn't as good as it should be or could be.

Bard Song
Bard Song
by Robin Herne

5.0 out of 5 stars Bard Song, what a wonderful compilation of poems!, 28 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Bard Song (Paperback)
I have been fortunate enough to receive this wonderful compilation of poetry as a gift. Its filled with a brief history about the origins of each poem. Poems related to our Pagan Festivals and how they came about. The roots of The Celtic, Druid and Welsh beliefs are also briefly - yet adequately - addressed as well. What a scrumptious book to delve into! I simply couldn't put it down until I had finished reading it from cover to cover!

Llewellyn's 2012 Witches' Spell-A-Day Almanac: Holidays & Lore (Annuals - Witches' Spell-A-Day Almanac) (Llewellyn's Witches' Spell-A-Day Almanac)
by Llewellyn

5.0 out of 5 stars Can I only give 5 stars??, 30 Jan. 2012
I absolutely LOVE this book! Its nice to have something new to look forward to regarding The Craft on a daily basis. There are spells, brief information - food for thought - about our various Holy Days and Celebrations. One thing I was a little disappointed over was that some of the spells require certain herbs that are not common, everyday herbs found in a "normal" kitchen so if you plan on following the spells listed, read ahead in the book and make a shopping list! Did I mention I bought 3 of these books? 2 were gifts to some wonderful friends - who love this book as much as my wife and I do!

Pagan Magical Kit: Includes : a Pagan Tarot deck a set of crystals a set of ritual candles incense and incense holder a velvet Tarot cloth a powerful Book for magic, rituals and spells
by Barbara Moore

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful starter kit or gift, 30 Jan. 2012
The item arrived well packaged and in good condition. I have to admit I was a wee tad mislead by the photo's used in showing the item - I thought there would be more things with it and also that the "items" themselves would be a bit larger than they were. This would be a good starter kit for anyone just entering the world of learning about The Craft.

Wicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner
Wicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner
by Scott Cunningham
Edition: MP3 CD

5.0 out of 5 stars CD - audiobook, 30 Jan. 2012
The item arrived well packaged and no visible signs of damage BUT it skipped/hacked in my computer so a new one was promptly sent. I have the paperback version of this (which I HIGHLY recommend if your a reader!) and I love it. I decided to purchase this item so that my wife and I could listen to it in the car; on the train to/from work or just around the house. It is is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED listening for anyone who is interested in learning more about WICCA (aka The Modern Day Craft). It covers a broad spectrum of information - everything from origins to traditions, rituals, alter items, "proper" dress, Holy Days, moon phases and much more. In my opinion, Scott Cunningham is one of the best writers when it comes to The Craft. His books are easy to read and understand. He explains things simply yet thoroughly without talking over the readers head. My only wish is that they would put more of his books in audio form!

Crystal Medicine (More Crystals and New Age)
Crystal Medicine (More Crystals and New Age)
by Marguerite Elsbeth

4.0 out of 5 stars Ghost writer automatic ghost writing kit, 30 Jan. 2012
Well packaged item although I must admit, I was hoping for something a little more solid. The enclosed book is easy to read and "instructions" are easy to follow. Be PATIENT when first learning to use your new skills with this item, it is NOT instantaneous communication from "the other side" or your Guardian Angel. The planchette is made of a light but hardened foam type material which will easily hold most writing instruments. As with anything dealing with spirits from "the other side", I would recommend that everyone purchasing this item cleanse the entire unit with salt and especially the paper (white with no lines is best!) they will be using by brushing both sides of the paper with thoroughly salt before starting and make sure to brush all salt off before placing pen and planchette to the paper. Be sure to follow the instructions in the book for protection before starting, this is NOT a game and when dealing with "the other side", you must proceed with respect and caution. Good starting kit for those wishing learn the skills to get in contact with "the other side" or their Guardian Angel(s).