Profile for P. Etheridge > Reviews

Content by P. Etheridge

P. Etheridge (Berkshire UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Chapini®, 6 Pairs Designers Assorted Fashion Striped Cotton Rich Ankle Socks
Chapini®, 6 Pairs Designers Assorted Fashion Striped Cotton Rich Ankle Socks
Offered by Chapini UK
Price: £10.00 - £15.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great socks, I use them for craft projects, 30 Jan. 2015
Great socks, I use them for craft projects. Just like to mention that the socks are the same price on eBay, but have free postage, whereas these cost £3 extra. Just saying.

Thud!
Thud!
by Nick Butterworth

4.0 out of 5 stars but this used to be my daughter's favourite book when she was 3, 27 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Thud! (Paperback)
Bought as a gift, but this used to be my daughter's favourite book when she was 3. Lovely story and beautiful illustrations.

Jumanji
Jumanji
by Chris Van Allsburg
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 27 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Jumanji (Mass Market Paperback)
Must've missed something in the small print, but when the book arrived it was in French.

Christmas Crochet for Hearth, Home, and Tree
Christmas Crochet for Hearth, Home, and Tree
by Edie Eckman

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book., 27 Nov. 2014
I initially bought this for a friend and liked it so much I bought one for myself. I have already completed a stocking and will attempt many of the other projects in this book. I consider myself an intermediate crocheter, but I found the pattern for the stocking a tiny bit confusing. Understandable, yes, but definitely needed reading, then re-reading. It is also spread across several pages of the book, which can be a pain. Overall though I am very pleased.

Amour Crochet Hook 2.5mm
Amour Crochet Hook 2.5mm

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 22 Oct. 2014
Never use any other type of hook these days.

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
Dvd

4.0 out of 5 stars not as good as 1st one though, 22 Oct. 2014
True to the book, not as good as 1st one though.

Bridget Jones: Mad About the Boy (Bridget Jones series Book 3)
Bridget Jones: Mad About the Boy (Bridget Jones series Book 3)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the first 2 and definitely written with a ..., 15 July 2014
Not as good as the first 2 and definitely written with a film in mind; every time Daniel Cleaver says anything you can see Hugh Grant in the first 2 films in your mind's eye. That said, I did enjoy it after the first few pages.

Fractured
Fractured

1.0 out of 5 stars Dreadful, didn't get past page twenty five. Bought ..., 15 July 2014
This review is from: Fractured (Kindle Edition)
Dreadful, didn't get past page twenty five. Bought on the strength of other reviews which I realise now are written by people 30 years younger than me. If you're older than 40 don't bother with this.

Scarves to Crochet (Annie's Attic: Crochet)
Scarves to Crochet (Annie's Attic: Crochet)
by Connie Ellison

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 22 Mar. 2014
Bought for a friend's birthday. Thin and unsubstantial booklet. The photos are dated and you can find free patterns online for most of these designs. Save you money

The Hunger Games (Hunger Games Trilogy Book 1)
The Hunger Games (Hunger Games Trilogy Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Unputdownable!, 2 Jun. 2013
I had this series recommended by a friend for some holiday reading. I found the book slow to start with and a little frustrating because I wanted to know more about Panem and what had happened to humanity to put them in a situation like that. In fact, I almost gave up once, but I am so glad I didn't because by the end I was utterly hooked and couldn't put the book down. Next!

Page: 1 | 2