Profile for S. Botfield > Reviews

Content by S. Botfield

S. Botfield "sengsb" (Stirlingshire, Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Guess Who Extra
Guess Who Extra
Offered by a1 Toys

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab adaptation of the original!, 13 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Guess Who Extra (Toy)
My brother and I loved the original Guess Who, so Santa brought this for my five year old daughter and she is hooked. Although this game is marketed at 6+, my daughter has grasped the concept quickly and the variety of characters on the various cards change things up a bit. When she gets older we will be able to introduce the timed games, but in the meantime the fun sounds for yes and no are good. This is great for transporting out and about too as the cards are stored inside, and it folds over and clips closed

LeapFrog Explorer Game: Mr. Pencil Saves Doodleburg (for LeapPad and Leapster)
LeapFrog Explorer Game: Mr. Pencil Saves Doodleburg (for LeapPad and Leapster)
Offered by Acosta Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for supporting pencil skills, 13 Feb. 2013
My five year old loved this game from the onset. In between fixing up Doodleburg, lessons pop up on writing numbers and letters, and drawing shapes, which support what she is doing at school. She did work her way through all the levels quite quickly though, as she played it a lot, so I've had to buy the add-ons, available through the Leap Frog App Store, and she is now working her way through these. She will now sign-on as a guest on her leappad at times so she can do the game from the beginning too, so well worth it.

LeapFrog Explorer App Centre Download Card (for LeapPad and Leapster)
LeapFrog Explorer App Centre Download Card (for LeapPad and Leapster)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bargain!, 13 Feb. 2013
I bought this product when it was just under £10, getting £15 worth of credit for the app store, so I ordered 3 effectively getting the third free. This then allowed me to download quite a few apps, which you can't buy in cartridge form, that are also a bit better value too, through the Leap Frog App Store.

LeapFrog LeapPad Explorer Case (Available In Purple, Pink or Green)
LeapFrog LeapPad Explorer Case (Available In Purple, Pink or Green)

4.0 out of 5 stars LeapPad Tablet Case Purple, 13 Feb. 2013
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars
I was wary of ordering this based on past feedback, but would rather have a case than nothing at all to protect my daughter's LeapPad. I have found no problems with the zip at all and my only complaint is that there is nothing to hold the LeapPad in its place, so when you open the case it can slip out if the case is not flat. I really like that you can tuck the cartridges in one side as it stops them getting lost or damaged too.LeapFrog LeapPad Explorer Tablet Case (Purple)

Triple Laundry Basket Sorter
Triple Laundry Basket Sorter

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job!, 29 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Triple Laundry Basket Sorter
I had been looking everywhere for a laundry basket in three sections and thought I was going to have to buy a twin and a single basket until I found this. I can now sort my colours, lights and delicates with ease, and the bags each hold about a full load so I just scoop a bag up and take it downstairs when it's full. I was a bit dubious about the price, but the frame is sturdy and the bags good quality, so worth the money in the end.

BarkStopper® Ultrasonic and audible bark deterrent device for indoor and outdoor use.
Offered by UK Innovations GP Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Instant success!, 29 Nov. 2012
My puppy was barking regularly, at almost anything that moved for a spell. I only used this for unnecessary barking, as I didn't want to supress her natural alert barking, with a verbal cue of "enough" every time I used it. She clearly disliked the noise and stopped barking immediately, proving it worked as we obviously can't hear it. I now rarely use this, but when I do say "enough" and lift it she usually stops without the need to press the button.

It's worth noting though, although it has worked fantastically well for my dog (a west highland terrier), it had no effect on my brothers dog (a jack russell), who stands and wags her tail when you point it in her direction.

CharacterWorld Me To You Spring Time Hooded Poncho
CharacterWorld Me To You Spring Time Hooded Poncho

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit smaller than expected, 29 Nov. 2012
I bought this for my daughter so she can go straight from the showers to a changing cubicle without the need to keep her chloriney swimsuit on after swimming lessons. It was a bit smaller than I'd hoped for, my daughter is age 5 and there is no growing room. It's not as absorbent as a regular towel, with one side being chenille texture, but does the job!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Finished my rug nicely..., 29 Nov. 2012
I bought this along with a rug kit and it gave my hand made rug the finishing touch it needed!

Lazytown Stephanie Pink Hooded Poncho Bath Beach Towel
Lazytown Stephanie Pink Hooded Poncho Bath Beach Towel
Offered by Beautifeye

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for going swimming, 29 Nov. 2012
My daughter loves this towel. We got it so she can go straight from the showers to a changing cubicle without the need to keep her chloriney swimsuit on. It's a good size, my daughter is age 5 and there is definitely growing room. It's not as absorbent as a regular towel, with one side being chenille texture, but does the job!

Ladies/Girls Tote Shoulder Shopping Bag Canvas London Bear Design
Ladies/Girls Tote Shoulder Shopping Bag Canvas London Bear Design

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun little bag, 29 Nov. 2012
I got this bag to carry extra bits and bobs for work, like my lunch, umbrella and paperwork, in addition to my usual handbag. It's the perfect size for just that. Good quality and a cute design, with useful side pockets. It would also be good for shopping, if you were picking up the essentials like bread and milk.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3