Profile for Grahammon > Reviews

Dualit 84200 Espressivo Coffee Maker, Chrome
Dualit 84200 Espressivo Coffee Maker, Chrome

2.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed with Amazon nor Dualit, 7 Dec 2012
Bought in march 2012
First machine arrived with a blocked nozzle, plastic part incorrectly formed Amazon replaced the whole machine, could have just replaced the handle but... I use it to make 2 cups of coffee on Saturday and Sunday morning
Late October the machine is struggling to produce the second cup of coffee. Floods of steam. (btw descaler used regularly)
Put away, contacted Amazon in November they Say you've already had a replacement machine,you'll have to contact dualit, What! It arrived with a problem, and within the guarantee period it stops working properly, "sorry Dualit say any issue with this machine and you have to contact the manufacturer.
I ring dualit and explain the above to what what to my ears is a patronising woman saying that the bought coffee pods I'm using are too compacted that they need to be gently broken up to allow the hot water pass through them. (using the supplied adaptor you can use pre packed coffee pods). Being pleasant I said that they were working before but keep my thoughts that 15 bar (150 psi) of pressure is more than enough to push through 1cm of coffee granules.
I've dutifully loosened the coffee pod and a watery coffee emerges with little crema that I could have Produced from a £2 cafatiere.
Sorry about the rant but i've always worried about buying online when something youve bought develops a problem when the only contact is a voice on the phone and you get the runaround.
I'll try again but not expecting much, be warned.

New Covent Garden Book of Soup and Beyond: Soups, Beans and Other Things (New Covent Garden Soup Company)
by New Covent Garden Soup Company
Edition: Spiral-bound

2.0 out of 5 stars beyond soup, 9 Mar 2011
Rather disappointing, this was an impulse buy after finding a soup for every day which is breath takingly good in our local supermarket. The quality of the book however is superb like all of the Covent garden range but the recipes for my taste were not as interesting.
If I'd seen it in a shop and flicked through it, I would of put it down again.
That said it wasn't particularly expensive just not to my taste.

Modern-Tech Dual Desktop Cradle/ Dock Charger for HTC Desire HD & 1600mAh Repalcement Battery
Offered by Modern-Tech

2.0 out of 5 stars HTC Cradle charger, 26 Feb 2011
Usb lead only supplied
No mains charger supplied
Nb two chargers required to charge phone and the spare battery ( and find another USB lead)

Cannot connect to mains unless you use your htc charger or another mains USB power adaptor.

I was expecting the spare battery to charge at the same time as the phone charges, once both are placed in their slots. But only the phone charges,

(no instructions supplied to explain that you need another usb lead connecting via another charger to charge the battery) so that's rather annoying and puzzling at the same time.
I guess you can use your pc or mac USB ports to charge both. But why no charger it's expensive enough.

Maybe I misunderstood it's just a docking cradle, have I?