Profile for michelleconnolly1 > Reviews

Noah's Ark
Noah's Ark
Price: 10.63

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful girlz, 24 Mar 2006
This review is from: Noah's Ark (Audio CD)
The first time I listened through to this album I firstly thought; its strange, then I thoought; i need to listen to it again...immediately! Safe to say, I loved it from the start.

Some other reviewer seem to have been freaked out about some of the weird sound that cocorosie use, such as the cats meowing on song 4, BUT it is mixed and timed so well that after a few listens, the cats and other stuff just seem like instrument in their own right which compliment each other perfectly.
I keep changing my mind about my favourite song; 'South 2nd', 'Noah's ark', 'The Sea is Calm', 'Beautiful Boyz'...I think this is a good sign; it makes you want to keep listening. As an album, it is a joy to listen to and you notice something new each time you hear it. It holds your attention to the end.
A word about the Cassady's voices...amazingly different, haunting and yet (again) complimentary. There is even a Billy Holliday sound thrown into this album in the way one of the sisters (not sure which is which) strains and distorts her voice, particularly on Beautiful Boyz.
If you like it, you might like...Bjork, Air, Sigur Ros...