Profile for torwindspaniels > Reviews

Content by torwindspaniels

"torwindspaniels"

God's Smuggler (Hodder Christian paperbacks)
God's Smuggler (Hodder Christian paperbacks)
by Elizabeth Sherill

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent story that all should read., 16 Feb. 2006
a great read for young or old. wonderful true story with adventure, excitement and even humour with the greatest of messages, that he brings forth.
I put off reading this book for a long time because I thought it would be labourious but not a bit of it and have read it a couple of times and my sons, used to ask me to read it again to them because of the things he got up to as a youngster! ita a pity that the cover on the book, doesn't convey how good it is.

The Very Worried Sparrow
The Very Worried Sparrow
by Meryl Doney
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars one of my favourite children stories., 16 Feb. 2006
a lovley hardback book ( although,i was surprised how small it was- my other copy is large) but it has beautiful pictures,lovley thoughts nad sentiments , that a child would relate to and finishes up, with a nice safe and secure ending,full of hope- that is perfect to finish on , before being tucked up in bed!

The Practical Dog Listener: The 30-day Path to a Lifelong Understanding of Your Dog
by Jan Fennell

4.0 out of 5 stars Good addittion to the dvd + original dog listener book, 16 Feb. 2006
I bought this book after watching the Jan fennell dvd( which I would recommend you watch, before reading the books, so you can see the evidence before your eyes.)and also after watching the dog listener book, which I also recommend you read before buying this book.
I would recommend this book to owners who have more than 1 dog as she gives extra advice to dealing with 'packs' and ' the sorting out of top dog scenarios that can happen in such cases,that are not in her other books.
It was a good read and I am about to buy it for someone else too but it was not as informative or as interesting the original book and dvd.
It also has less information due to large print and colour photos but some people might prefer that.
over all - a good extra but if I bought that one first, I would not hvae been inspired , like I was with her other books and dvd , but definitely helpful in my situation with 4 dogs.

Jan Fennell - The Dog Listener [DVD]
Jan Fennell - The Dog Listener [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars Be amazed!, 10 Jan. 2006
We watched this dvd and were amazed at how quickly there is a good result if you stick to the simple guidelines and instructions, if you have any difficulties with your dog or dogs.Even if you don't- it heps so much to understand how dogs think in a simple non airy- fairy way!
We immediately started putting these thoughts into action and have been in less than a day really pleased at the change already- so much so, I am about to order another one to lend to those I am telling about it!Even our teenage sons cannot deny -the improvement and teenage boys aren't always the most observant of creatures!!!
There are so many dog training books etc about which are good but this dvd heps you to see it in action with the results too. I have ordered the book too for maybe more indepth reference but seeing is believing. delighted!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 17, 2014 1:16 PM GMT