Profile for Lea > Reviews

The Very Busy Spider
The Very Busy Spider
by Eric Carle
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars An great story to share with your baby/child about the natural world, 30 Aug. 2014
This review is from: The Very Busy Spider (Board book)
Bought this book for my 17 week old daughter, I love reading stories to her and this book fits nicely in her growing collection of children stories. It sits next to our Hungry Caterpillar book!

The story includes different farm animals, and it also shows children how spiders make webs and what they use them for. It is fun to make all different animal noises with my daughter and she enjoys helping me turn the pages and feeling the web.

Colour Changing Fibre Optic Fountain - Night light Calming Lamp
Colour Changing Fibre Optic Fountain - Night light Calming Lamp
Offered by Efine

5.0 out of 5 stars Super toy for baby sensory play, 30 Aug. 2014
My fibre optic light arrived today and my 17 week old absolutely loves it. I grasp all the fibres together so that she can bat or grasp it with her hand. This toy will be perfect to play in her sensory den as it will reflect beautiful colours on the foil. The light is portable due to it using batteries so it can be used in any location that you wish, perfect for play in dark dens.

Flashing Spike Ball
Flashing Spike Ball
Offered by CKONE

5.0 out of 5 stars Is great fun in the bath, 30 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Flashing Spike Ball (Toy)
Bought this little flashing ball to play with my 17 week old daughter as we have them in our Baby Sensory sessions. It does smell very strong of plastic but I made sure that it was safe by washing in hot soapy water before we played with it and strict supervision so that she doesn't place it in her mouth. We use this for sensory play with our foil blanket toy and also we put it in the bath , it lights up the water when placed under it and my baby loves to hold it in between her hands when it is flashing.

Can't You Sleep, Little Bear?
Can't You Sleep, Little Bear?
by Martin Waddell

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely bedtime story, 21 Aug. 2014
One of my favourite childhood books, I bought this book for my 15 week old daughter and I enjoy reading it to her before bedtime. A lovely story.

Ewan the Dream Sheep
Ewan the Dream Sheep
Offered by Baa Baa Baby

4.0 out of 5 stars Helps baby drift off, 8 Aug. 2014
Been using this since my daughter was 1 month old (she is now 3 months) and is very useful for helping her drift off to sleep. It comes with 4 different sounds, rain/white noise, inside the womb, a vacuum cleaner and a tune (mozart?)

You can turn the red light off & on, the volume loud or quiet and use the sheep's legs to turn on whichever sound to play that lasts for 20 minutes, and It does get baby to sleep !

My only complaint is that there should be an easier way of accessing the light and volume switch. Also the buttons make a click sound when you press them which has sometimes woke baby up. Would recommend Ewan the Dream Sheep.

VTech Baby Sleepy Bear Sweet Dreams
VTech Baby Sleepy Bear Sweet Dreams
Offered by Executivez

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a good review i'm afraid!, 8 Aug. 2014
Bought this for my now 3 month old daughter and there are good point which are unfortunately outweighed bad points. A shame as it could be so much better with some adjustments! it seems as though Vtech haven't actually tested this product with a real baby. When we just want the music and the projector on though, it's brilliant! (we just put it on the outer side of the cot bars)

Good points - Nice and lengthy music
- Soothing projector
- 3 Different options for lights and type of sounds to play
- Volume can be changed with dial

Bad points - Loud-ish motor and also clicks when the teddy bear rocks on its moon, annoying when the volume is turned down.

- The soothing "natural sounds" are just sound clips, and are not a constant sound so a sudden "croak" and a "tweet" are quite irritating in the middle of the night. Would be so much better if it constantly played the sound of water or a morning chorus.

- When you just want the projector light on and the face lights off, the motor still runs (Doh)

-The blue light on the screen is quite bright when it fades on

- has recently stopped working and sometimes resets itself over and over

Will be regrettably returning this product, if Vtech make adjustments to make it better that would be great.

Cotton Harem Ali Baba Trouser Jumpsuit, Polka Abstract Black & Taupe
Cotton Harem Ali Baba Trouser Jumpsuit, Polka Abstract Black & Taupe
Offered by likemary

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice !, 8 Feb. 2013
I bought this as I have a pear shape body , and i'm 5"2 and I feel as though trousers like this elongate my body effectively, I tried them on, I prefer wearing them as a full playsuit as I like to put my hands in my pockets and it creates voluptious curves ! I like it's unique style when I wear them as trousers, however I feel as though it being a one-size clothing it is slightly large and could be smaller for me.

But it a great piece of clothing! :-)

PENGUIN CRYSTAL EYE CUFFLINKS IN DELUXE GIFT BOX
PENGUIN CRYSTAL EYE CUFFLINKS IN DELUXE GIFT BOX

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely!, 8 Feb. 2013
I bought these penguin cufflinks as a Christmas present for my partner, and they look and feel of very high quality , 2 overly satisfied customers :-)

Silver Tone Panda Cufflinks for Wildlife Preservation with Box
Silver Tone Panda Cufflinks for Wildlife Preservation with Box
Offered by The Purple Armadillo

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cufflinks, 8 Feb. 2013
Arrived in perfect condition and look beautiful and classy ! My partner shall definitely be showing these off very frequently !

Reborn! volume 1
Reborn! volume 1
by Akira Amano

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 8 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Reborn! volume 1 (Paperback)
A very enjoyable series!
I enjoy a range of anime and manga and this one contains great character development and fantastic storyline plots :-)

Highly recommended.