Profile for Sue > Reviews

Content by Sue

Sue "Sue" (North East of England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
In the Beginning
In the Beginning
Price: 2.62

5.0 out of 5 stars Close To Home, 16 July 2013
This review is from: In the Beginning (Kindle Edition)
Our dad left our mum for another woman .... although we were married ourselves by then not children. This has been a strange journey for me taking me back in time to endless, emotional conversations where my poor mum tried to make sense of it all. She has always been a daughter, a wife, a mother leaving little time for herself but while things didn't play out as dramatically as they do here there are many similarities. I'm not sure I could say I enjoyed the book but I am going to start the sequel straight away ... this book had me immersed in the emotion of it all from page one.

Our Story, for My Daughter (Parent & Child)
Our Story, for My Daughter (Parent & Child)
by from you to me
Price: 13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful idea and a great find, 11 July 2013
I stumbled across this book by accident when I was looking for a gift for my niece for her 16th birthday and had to treat myself and my daughter.

This IS not a baby record book. Customers who want a baby record book need to buy ... well a baby record book!

This book is split down in to sections for each year of your child's life asking the same questions each year so you can build up a picture of their childhood until finally you give them the completed book for their 18th birthday (... there's also a version if you have a son with the same questions in but with a more boyish colour scheme).

My daughter is four in a few weeks but luckily I've kept a Word doc with memorable dates and mile stones plus I have tons of photos and a photobook for each year of her life so I have been able to complete the first three years (birth to one / one to two and two to three) easily.

It has been wonderful looking back and I hope my daughter is pleased with the result.

There's a tiny space for the following questions :
A few of your favourite things
A few of my favourite things
Where we live
Who we live with
Ailments this year

Half a page for the following :
For the record (I've used this for Christmas no 1, top grossing film, football premiership winner, prime minister etc)
What you are like
Things you have done and said
Things that have happened in the world this year
Adventures we have had this year
Adventures I would love to have with you in the coming year
My hopes and dreams for the next 12 months
My predictions of what you will be like when you grow up

A full page for:
How I feel about our year together
A full blank page (I've used this to write extra bits and also printed out mini photos to stick in)

Plus space for a small photo

As you can probably tell I love to write but the amount of space you have to fill isn't daunting even for someone who isn't big on writing. Plus I've used small writing to squeeze more in but you can always use large handwriting to fill the space.

I think this is a lovely idea and it would make a wonderful gift to a mum with a new baby. Even when time is tight with a newborn you could jot notes on a post it for each section and complete the book at a later date when time isn't such an issue.

Off the back of this I've also bought "Dear Mum From You To Me" for myself to complete to give to my daughter and also one for my mum to complete for me (which will evensually go to my daughter) plus the Dad version for my dad ... much more writing required here and much more challenging questions but I'm looking foward to writing in mine and reading the books my parents complete.

All in all my daughter is going to have quite a bit of bedtime reading ready for her when she grows up.

Dr. Panda's Handyman
Dr. Panda's Handyman
Price: 1.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great Dr Panda game, 21 Jun 2013
This review is from: Dr. Panda's Handyman (App)
My little one is almost 4 and has built up quite a collection of Dr Panda games for our Kindle Fire. They are consistent and great fun ... I draw the line at the hospital version but that's just a personal yuck reflex! You know that it's going to be money well spent when you buy one of these games and there's an educational element thrown in for good measure. Pre school fun. We both recommend the Dr Panda games.

Belgian Waffle Maker with 1kg Luxury Belgian Waffle Mix
Belgian Waffle Maker with 1kg Luxury Belgian Waffle Mix
Offered by JM POSNER
Price: 34.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank goodness for JM Posner, 20 May 2013
Having had a nightmare with the first machine I bought from another company (the coloured dye came off and infected the waffles) I did quite a bit of research before buying another one. JM Posner were extremely helpful and happy to answer all my questions. Really pleased with the waffle maker and my toddler is happy that we can have the waffles I promised her.

Peppa Pig's Party Time
Peppa Pig's Party Time
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleased to get this on Kindle Fire, 20 May 2013
This review is from: Peppa Pig's Party Time (App)
My little one has been playing this on her grandma's iPad for ages ... she's really happy she can play it on my Kindle now too. It's my favourite of the Peppa games mostly because of the cake making and multi user musical chairs.

Live It Up (Remastered)
Live It Up (Remastered)
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Been looking for this for years, 20 May 2013
Had given up hope of finding this on a modern format ... it's on of my favourite songs from my childhood. Very happy bunny.

Gourmet Gadgetry Waffle Maker
Gourmet Gadgetry Waffle Maker
Offered by U Stores
Price: 22.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Pink Dye On My Waffles, 20 May 2013
My daughter (3 1/2) and I shared the first batch of waffles ... while the second batch was cooking I noticed condensation around the outside of the machine and wiped it away ... there was quite a bit of pink dye on the kitchen towel. When I opened the waffle maker the waffles had drips of pink dye on them too. I was horrified as my toddler had finished the first ones so I didn't know if she had eaten any of the dye. Amazon were brilliant and refunded me without any quibble (plus organised free return). However they said they would look in to it and I haven't heard from them.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 11, 2013 11:33 AM BST

Frozen Yogurt - Cooking games
Frozen Yogurt - Cooking games
Price: 0.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Shame About The Product Pushing, 9 May 2013
Great game ... my little one would have enjoyed it ... but there's too much emphasis on pushing other games that need paying for ... far too invasive for a 3 year old to have to put up with ... shame. Keep telling myself to avoid free games ... really should learn my lesson! Deleted!

Freecell Solitaire
Freecell Solitaire
Price: 0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars AVOID!, 14 Mar 2013
This review is from: Freecell Solitaire (App)
When I opened this to play it I got a screen full of blob like things making a weird noise ... not downloading any more free apps! Just hope there's no damage done! Cross as I've played this when it's been free with a pc and enjoyed it!

Barrr Full
Barrr Full
Price: 1.29

1.0 out of 5 stars possible Kindle problem, 3 Mar 2013
This review is from: Barrr Full (App)
I enjoyed this game until it crashed ... I have a Kindle Fire hd. Having problems typing this so hope the game hasn't caused any damage!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4