Profile for DeeDjee > Reviews

Content by DeeDjee

DeeDjee

Page: 1 | 2
OpenRoad - Mens Gel Padded Cycling Shorts Road Bike (Large 34"-36" Waist)
OpenRoad - Mens Gel Padded Cycling Shorts Road Bike (Large 34"-36" Waist)
Offered by OpenRoad Sports

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shorts for a fraction of the price, 30 Jun. 2015
Having cycled for over thirty years daily, I tend to go through cycling shorts rather quickly. Throughout this time I always had the rather unfounded belief one should spend a small fortune on branded wear (think Gore, Castelli, Endura, ...). Nevertheless, the branded stuff wore out rather quickly so I decided to try these shorts based on the good reviews and the very attractive price tag. I have now been riding in them for the past 4 weeks, for about 3-4 hours a day and all I can say is: they are great. I can notice no quality or comfort difference with the pricier brands and would recommend these without hesitation. I also agree with the other comments that you need to opt for the bigger size if you are on the outer edge of the sizing scale as they do come a bit small (I'm at 33 inch waste and took a L).
Also a great supplier who delivered at speed.

Evecase [2015 Newest] Microsoft Surface 3 10.8-Inch Tablet Laptop Neoprene Sleeve Case Slim Briefcase w/ Handle & Accessory Pocket / Ultra Portable Travel Carrying Portfolio Pouch Cover - Hot Pink
Offered by BlueMall

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow - what a great case!, 30 Jun. 2015
Beautiful product, the quality is superb and it looks very stylish. As it says on the description, this fits the Microsoft Surface 3 (the new 2015 one) perfectly. So be careful not to buy this for the larger Surface Pro.
An excellent buy at an excellent price from a supplier who delivered fast.

PEAK FITNESS Cross Fit Suspension Trainer with door anchor, straps, heavy duty buckles and carry bag for body weight workout, ideal for burning fat, building muscle, core workouts and recommended for every home gym. 100% Satisfaction - NO RISK. Full Free 60 Day Money Back Guarantee
Offered by Ripthek Sports

SUSPENSION TRAINER WALL / CEILING MOUNT CROSSFIT BODY WEIGHT STRENGTH X - MOUNT PROTONE® by BODYCOREFITNESS
Offered by Gym-stuff

4.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff, 29 Jun. 2015
Does exactly what it is supposed to do. I guess the only thing that is annoying is that it comes with wood screws only so you will have to spend some extra money on good concrete/brick anchor bolts.

Cateye Nano Shot Plus - 600 Lumens
Cateye Nano Shot Plus - 600 Lumens
Offered by GsportsUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, 3 Dec. 2014
From using a variety of lights over the years I wanted to buy something of a more permanent nature, that would also give more light. I was a bit wary of this light at first because I have had issues with cheaper Cateye lights before and some of the reviews complained about the attachment of the light to the bike and the peculiar Cateye way of doing so.

I have now been riding around with this light for a month, and it is great. The power of the beam is enormous and I find the attachment system intuitive and easy to use, so I do not understand the issue.

I can ride for 3 days (my commute is about 1h30m per day) without having to recharge when alternating between flashing (on the road) and full beam (when going through woody areas). That's good performance in my view.

All in all, this light has made me re-think my previous opinion of Cateye as their high end light is very well designed. The USB port is easy to open and close and the light charges from empty to full in about 3-4 hours.

Deluxe Harry Potter Master Dumbledore Magical Wand Box
Deluxe Harry Potter Master Dumbledore Magical Wand Box

2.0 out of 5 stars A long long wait for a piece of cheap plastic, 20 Feb. 2013
This product is exactly what you pay for, so do not expect quality. It is a plastic wand, pure and simple, and that is exactly what I wanted for an 8 year old.
What was really disappointing however is the ridiculously long delivery time. It took a month! I contacted the seller 'skyuk' who obviously never got back to me. The seller name might lead you to believe they are based in the UK but rest assured they are in China.
If I had known this, or Amazon would advertise this better, I would not have bothered with it at all.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally a pair of cargo's that ticks all the boxes, 5 Feb. 2013
I recently ordered these cargo trousers in yet another bid to find a pair that would tick all the boxes. With the previous pairs I have bought over the years I always had the same issues: poor sizing, poor quality or so 'army' you would not be caught seen in them unless in the woods.

All of that until I found these. So what makes these great in my opinion?

- The size chart is spot on, and that is a first.
- They look and feel great. I would not have a problem wearing them outside of woodland surroundings (if you are buying the cameo version)
- Lots and lots of pockets - and all of them you can seal and none of them are baggy (we all know the baggy outside pockets that stretch when you put anything of weight in them)
- The length is great and the opening is pretty much boot cut so it rests nicely over a pair of sturdy hiking shoes. There is a zipper to narrow the legs if required (or when you wear waterproofs on top).

I like them so much that the same day I bought another pair in a different colour before they run out.

I cannot comment on quality and durability yet, so I am only commenting on look, feel and first impressions (e.g. number and position of pockets, etc). I have the more expensive Helikon's too and they are sturdy yes, but they do not look that nice and feel like you are wearing cardboard. Their size chart isn't as accurate either ...

I like them. And that is obviously subjective, and just wanted to share my findings.

The Wilderness Survival Guide: The Practical Skills You Need for the Great Outdoors
by Joe O'Leary

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read, written by someone who loves the woods, 1 Feb. 2013
Is this the best and most comprehensive survival book in the world? No. But what it is is a very good starter (one of the best I have read). It is not written by someone claiming to be an SAS god or an overcommercialised TV personality (who use ghost writers anyhow). This is a book written by someone real, honest and humble and who - above all - just loves the woods and nature. This respect and admiration for our natural surroundings comes to live in every page and this is what makes this book so much pleasure to read. At times I wished for that extra layer of detail ... stopping at sentences such as 'and you could also make this from that' but not really explaining how leaves you wanting for more. It would be great if Joe wrote another book for the intermediary.
All in all, one of my favourite survival guides (and I have read a lot of them) because it is so practical, down to earth and it works! The drawings are clear, much more so than some (TV channel sponsored) books with a lot of 'fashion photography' and 'product placement!
This is as real as it gets. No nonsense, no commercialisation and a fun and funny read by a good writer.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars A good basic slingshot, 1 Feb. 2013
This slingshot was cheap, and given the price, it is excellent. The grip is not the most comfortable and the elastic bands could be stronger, but at least it is not an overpriced slingshot with laser pointers (why?) or flashlights attached and umpteen balancing and aiming bits that won't make any difference!

Poetic SlimLine Portfolio Case for Google Nexus 7 Android Tablet - Green/Black
Poetic SlimLine Portfolio Case for Google Nexus 7 Android Tablet - Green/Black
Offered by Smart Shop Online

3.0 out of 5 stars A good cover, yet a poor stand, 1 Feb. 2013
The Poetic slimline portfolio is a nice looking, sturdy cover. From that perspective there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. Compared to the Apple covers though, when folding this cover it fails. There is no way on earth you can use the cover to keep your Nexus tablet standing up or leaning, it just collapses. I guess for the price paid that is not an issue, yet disappointing nevertheless.

Page: 1 | 2