Profile for T. Wilkins > Reviews

Content by T. Wilkins

T. Wilkins "Toby" (Wales, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Mercury Iron Soldering Set (4-Piece)
Mercury Iron Soldering Set (4-Piece)

1.0 out of 5 stars Would not recommend., 25 Nov. 2015
I found the soldering iron was not getting hot enough and so made it difficult to melt the included solder. Would not recommend.

Eichmann before Jerusalem: The Unexamined Life of a Mass Murderer
Eichmann before Jerusalem: The Unexamined Life of a Mass Murderer
by Bettina Stangneth

3.0 out of 5 stars a tad pricey for cheap wood, 12 May 2015
Cheap wood, fiddly to set up and splintered in doing so. A tad over priced for what you get. Apart from that, its a box, holds bottles and looks nicer than the standard metal slat racks you can buy.

D-Link ShareCenter Pulse 2-bay Network Storage Enclosure
D-Link ShareCenter Pulse 2-bay Network Storage Enclosure
Offered by Alex Whyte

1.0 out of 5 stars Great Except for large file transfers, 14 Jan. 2012
I bought this to house 2x2TB hard drives to provide storage for my home. I access it from my xbox360 for video files, from computers around the house to store all my files and my Sonos music system uses it as the storage location for all my music.

The NAS box is cheap and great, i have had just a single problem with it and its a big issue.. When transferring large amount of files to it.. after a while they just get stuck and I can no longer access the NAS Box. The device still spins the hard drives, but its as if its locked up and I can not do anything with it except for plug the power out and back in. This is a bit of an issue for a NAS device.

Apart from this problem, its been great. Once all the files are on it, im able to access them with no trouble and things work great. I tried updating to the latest firmware, but i still just have that massive problem with it. I would recommend spending more money and getting on that works properly.

Aladdin Aveo Water Bottle - 0.6 L, Grey
Aladdin Aveo Water Bottle - 0.6 L, Grey

3.0 out of 5 stars Great looking bottle, but i wouldn't trust it not to leak., 21 May 2011
I bought this bottle, basically because it looks cool. I just fill it up now and again and leave it standing up right at my desk all day. The bottle looks great, is made well and... holds drink.

I would not however carry this bottle in your bag for fear it would leak.

Aqua Sphere Unisex Kayenne Swimming Goggle - Aqua/Silver Frame/Clear Lens
Aqua Sphere Unisex Kayenne Swimming Goggle - Aqua/Silver Frame/Clear Lens

4.0 out of 5 stars Great goggles, 21 May 2011
I bought these due to my old goggles starting to leak and the great reviews people have left for them.

they haven't disappointed. they fit well, are comfy and don't leek. I do however find myself faffing with the strap quite a bit.

Microsoft Natural Ergo Keyboard 4000 - UK Layout
Microsoft Natural Ergo Keyboard 4000 - UK Layout

4.0 out of 5 stars Takes some getting used to, but great quality, 21 May 2011
I have tried many different keyboards and desided to try this ergonomic design after hearing great things about it.

1. First the keyboard is well built and stromg, i think it will last me a long time. It is however fairly sizeable compared to many keyboards out there which may be something to consider.

2. The key feedback is fairly tactile. the keys press well while not being to 'clicky'.

3. The ergonomic design with the split in the middle it taking me a little while to get used to. its nice to rest your hands in this design but i often find myself reaching some of the middle keys with the wrong finger from the other side, which is something i am having to teach myself not to do. my typing is defiantly not as fast at the moment and i make more mistakes, but im hoping this will improve over time.

as long as you can work with the changes and get used to it, great keyboard :) i think you will need to give it a chance though.

Style by American Crew Crew Matte 100g
Style by American Crew Crew Matte 100g

2.0 out of 5 stars Not strong enough, 21 May 2011
I normally use VO5 matte clay and i wanted to try something a bit more up market. I have fairly short thick hair and like the spiky/messy look.

I find this product too weak, it doesn't hold my hair up enough. I also don't really notice the matte finish it claims to have. I was a bit disappointed.

American Crew Daily Moisturizing Shampoo 250ml / 8.45 fl.0z.
American Crew Daily Moisturizing Shampoo 250ml / 8.45 fl.0z.

4.0 out of 5 stars Soft heir, nice fresh smell, 21 May 2011
I decided to stop using cheap shampoo and conditioner and bought this. It makes your hair soft and smells what only can be described like al-bus oil, which you may like or dislike. I like it as it wakes me up in the morning!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 15, 2012 11:25 AM GMT

Kryptonite New York Lock 3000
Kryptonite New York Lock 3000

5.0 out of 5 stars Good size, strong, bike mount and heavy, 25 Jan. 2011
I recently purchased a new bike with the value of ~£500. After reading reviews of this lock i decided to invest in the money for peace of mind.

Size: The size of this lock is good; not to big and not to small. I was tempted in a smaller lock for portability but would have been limited to where I could have used it. it also seemed that many of the D-locks were quite big and long. I would place this lock in between. its big enough to wrap around most posts/gates but not to long to be a nuisance to transport around. This will just about clasp over my bike frame, back wheel and a smallish gate/post if I really tried.

Transport: this thing is heavy, but not ovary so. If you can put it in a backpack when riding its fine. It also comes with a mount which you can fix to your bike (this is what I do). The mount and clasp rotate so there are quite a few spots where you can mount it and its quite sturdy, often being difficult to get apart! I have also tried just locking it round my frame when I ride, but its a little big and heavy for this and gets in the way.

I would feel quite safe leaving my bike in town with this lock, let the nasty buggers go after easier pickings with small wire locks. I do however see many bikes with front wheels missing, so perhaps another smaller lock or wire in addition to this would be best to fend off these nasty buggers.

I hope this information helps :)
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 2, 2012 7:26 PM BST

Nerf- N-Strike Maverick
Nerf- N-Strike Maverick
Offered by Fayre Trade Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun for adults!, 27 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Nerf- N-Strike Maverick (Toy)
I am a young adult and I purchased two of these guns for for my flat.

They are great fun, friends and I quite often burst into massive battles and they are often used to resolve disputes with my girlfriend! When young family members visit they love them.

I defiantly recommend purchasing the extra pack of darts to go with them though.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3