Profile for D. Green > Reviews

Content by D. Green

D. Green "Danny G" (Rugby, Warwickshire. United Kingdom)

Logitech X-210 Speakers (2.1)
Logitech X-210 Speakers (2.1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Booming speakers, 14 Jan. 2009
Just hooked these little babies up and I am amazed. The bass is incredible, rich and deep and the overall sound is crisp.
For £25 these are a bragain, my tunes sound ten times better than the speakers I had previosuly.
Do your ears a favour and get some of these and listen to your music collection again!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 16, 2009 11:37 PM GMT

South-East Asia (Trailblazer)
South-East Asia (Trailblazer)
by Mark Elliott

5.0 out of 5 stars For SE Asia this is the business, 18 Feb. 2008
We used this book recently to get aroung a number of countries in SE Asia and to be quite honest was the best guide book we used on our whole round-the-world trip. The maps are easy to understand and point out the important things you need and its not bulked out with excess info that you probably won't read anyway.
As we forgot a China guide and couldn't find one for looking once inside Yunnan this saved us no end. If only these guides were available for other parts of the world!

The Godfather: Blackhand Edition (Wii)
The Godfather: Blackhand Edition (Wii)
Offered by STOCKTASTIC

4.0 out of 5 stars Laying down some beats, 1 April 2007
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This game makes great use of the Wii controls no more so than when throwing baddies against walls, throwing punches, reloading guns & general fighting. That said sometimes the actions are a bit unresponsive or on occassions don't happen at all.

Other than the graphics being far from perfect there is little to fault on this game. The Wii wasn't made for excellent graphics it was made for fun and this game has it by the bucketload. Taking over shops, finding rackets, bribing cops, causing mob warfare, driving like a loony around the city and just fighting and shooting make this a truly fun game.

The story is fluent, there is loads to do and overall this proves that the Wii controls can truly enhace a game and provide great gaming.

If you have had a bad day there is no better way than taking it out on a load of rival families, by whatever means.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 23, 2012 11:06 AM GMT

Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars (PC DVD)
Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars (PC DVD)
Offered by EVERGAME

5.0 out of 5 stars C & C all the way, 1 April 2007
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Received this game on release day and it sure made my weekend. Top marks to Amazon for great delivery.

I always loved C & C and this game further enhances my opinion of the franchise. The game looks excellent and when I turned up the resolution on my monitor the graphics and detail became incredible. Fortunately I have a decnt PC so the game runs fluidly.

I have only done the first 5 levels as GDI but the story, cutscenes to video and the script of the game are top notch. Yeah its sometimes a bit cheesy but it adds to the appeal.

The new units, vehicles and machines are excellent and the new box indicating obj. & intelligence are a nice touch. Being able to build from this box allows multiple build when away from the base making it easier to compose a brutal army.

Overall I only have the highest praise for this game and my Wii has been put on the back burner while I play Tiberium Wars.

Nintendo Wii Console (Includes Wii Sports)
Nintendo Wii Console (Includes Wii Sports)

5.0 out of 5 stars The most fun at Christmas, 29 Dec. 2006
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Quite simply, the best way to spend Chritmas having fun. Bowling provided much needed activity (after excessive food) and laughs galore. The other games are great fun which is the whole point of the Wii and I cannot praise Nintendo enough for the product they have designed.

Top marks have to go to Amazon as my Wii was delivered within one day as promised on 23rd December. When that arrived Christmas really was here.

I have just started Zelda and a whole new world of gaming is opening up before my eyes and in my hands. Let the good times roll!!!!!

Sennheiser PX100 Headphones
Sennheiser PX100 Headphones

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality sound for a small price, 10 Oct. 2006
Most of my music is bass orientated so these headphones meet my need for an even more dynamic bass sound. Great design and look the business. For 20 quid I don't think you could do better. Quick delivery from Amazon too. Brilliant.

Sony MZ-NH900/BM Black Hi-MiniDisc Walkman
Sony MZ-NH900/BM Black Hi-MiniDisc Walkman

5.0 out of 5 stars NH900 Review, 6 Oct. 2004
I bought this product a few weeks back and although it took a while to be delivered (changes to address on my part)it has been well worth the wait.
The machine looks great in black;funky and snazzy. Although the screen on the main unit is not the best the remote more than makes up for it and displays all the information clearly.
The jog dial is a cool addition and allows the user to basically speed through the tracks to see which one to play. Kind of gimmicky but fun all the same.
The sound quality is also very good, clear and rich. There are many different sound styles all of which offer something a little bit different but I have plucked for Surround which makes my music sound great.
The charging stand seems to work well and now sits next to the PC for charging up the player when I am transferring music. The battery life is good, however if the unit struggles for power I can attach a battery pack.
Otherwise in terms of the actual HI-MD player I can find little fault.
The software supplied is easy to install and use. I have used both the MD simple burner and SonicStage and both seem to be a great way for transferring music between my PC and the MD player. It is quick and easy and I have transferred multiple CD's onto the HI-MD disc within a matter of minutes. SonicStage is used for importing audio files or other media and for storing music downloaded from the net, but for a quick transfer I use the simple burner.
All in all a great product. Looks great, sounds great and easy to use whether that be transferring or listening to music.