Profile for Jenny PT > Reviews

Content by Jenny PT

Jenny PT (Tonbridge, kent United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
invisibobble hair ring - Brown
invisibobble hair ring - Brown
Offered by MyHair Goodies
Price: 3.56

5.0 out of 5 stars great pony tail, 11 Nov 2013
These are fantastic for those of us who spend a lot of time in a gym - they don't pull and they don't fall out. They are a bit cheaper at my hairdresser's though.

Open Season (Joe Gunther #1) (Joe Gunther Mysteries)
Open Season (Joe Gunther #1) (Joe Gunther Mysteries)

4.0 out of 5 stars addicted to joe, 29 Oct 2012
Just want to warn you that you may get hooked on the Joe Gunther series, I think I'm on number nine now. It is set in Vermont, the characters are developed as the books go on, and the Vermont setting is enjoyable and well-written. They aren't great Classics, they're just thoroughly enjoyable detective novels, the sort of thing I like to read to take my mind of things sometimes! And for once the hero doesn't have a miserable love-life, doesn't smoke or drink himself to death and is a rather likeable character, even if he does have a remarkable number of close shaves and heroic chases. I really like this series.

Nessun Dorma - Opera's Greatest Hits
Nessun Dorma - Opera's Greatest Hits
Price: 12.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Joyous, 28 Feb 2010
I am no opera buff and don't watch tv so I don't know about all the opera star stuff either. I do know that I love this recording and on my (fairly good) system it sounds fantastic. The music seems to have a direct link to my emotional centre! If you are an opera buff perhaps it will be too samey for you, I knew every single piece on this (and that was a reason for buying it). A great collection, absolutely joyous music.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 31, 2013 8:13 PM BST

Creative EP-630 Noise Isolating Earphones (Black)
Creative EP-630 Noise Isolating Earphones (Black)

2.0 out of 5 stars don't like the sound, 7 July 2009
I find that although these fit well, the sound is not to my taste, I find it very hard and sharp. Fortunately one of the kids seems to have gone off my sennheiser sports, and the sound out of these is much, much better, warmer, I suppose. They can have these, as a swap.

Strong Women and Men Beat Arthritis
Strong Women and Men Beat Arthritis
by Miriam E. Nelson

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent advice from first-rate research, 10 Feb 2009
No nonsense here, just down-to-earth, sensible advice for all of us who suffer from osteo- (most of us aged 45+) or other forms of arthritis. I so often hear "I have arthritis in this knee/hip etc so I can't do this or that exercise" when the main thing that helps the pain is to strengthen the muscles so that they can protect the joint, which is usually the exercise being ruled out by the sufferer. Why and how is clearly explained, along with a full review of treatments - those that work, and those that don't (forget the copper bracelet!) Highly recommended.

Cory Everson - Body And Soul [DVD]
Cory Everson - Body And Soul [DVD]
Dvd ~ Cory Eversony - Body and Soul
Offered by skyvo-direct
Price: 6.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Just Awful, 10 Feb 2009
I had hoped to see some of Cory Everson's posing routines and real competition - presumably Weider Brothers would not allow this because there is none on the video. What you get is some insight into the terrible hairstyles and gym fashion of the time (we really did wear that stuff and the hair!) and some soppy stuff with the husband - who she subsequently split up with so perhaps it wasn't such a great relationship after all! Really grim, actually, I wouldn't bother with this one.

Cuttings: A Year in the Garden with Christopher Lloyd (Pimlico)
Cuttings: A Year in the Garden with Christopher Lloyd (Pimlico)
by Christopher Lloyd
Price: 20.00

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT, 10 Feb 2009
I really enjoy Christopher Lloyd's writing, not only is it spot on gardening advice but it is a really enjoyable, entertaining read. It sounds like a criticism, but it is not it intended to be, that I read this book when I find it hard to sleep, also "the well-tempered Garden" - as well as PG Wodehouse!

Eddingtons Top Cracker, Black
Eddingtons Top Cracker, Black
Price: 3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars easy excellent cracker, 17 Dec 2008
I find this cracker very easy to use, requires hardly any pressure and the nuts are not smashed to pieces. Good value, excellent piece of equipment.

KitchenAid Artisan KSB52BAC Blender Cream (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
KitchenAid Artisan KSB52BAC Blender Cream (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars honestly, it really is great, 14 Nov 2008
I have had my kitchenaid blender since May 2006. All that time it has done a fantastic job, still looks great, still great motor. I bought it because I wanted a really good blender where a replacement glass jug was easily available (I didn't want a plastic jug). After 2 and a half years of daily use (honestly, it is used all the time)the rubber bits on the bottom did finally break. a quick look on ebay and a few quid to a company called picksoft resulted in a replacement plus a little gadget to make the replacement easier. I am not good at this sort of thing, but I fixed it in 5 minutes and now it works just as before. Absolutely excellent machine. If you don't like throwing things away, and you like quality, this is the blender for you.

In Silico
In Silico
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars makes a change, 25 July 2008
This review is from: In Silico (Audio CD)
this cd was brought in by one of my 16-year-old's friends. It is the first bit of music that any of this group of metalheads have played that I have enjoyed. I will go further. I love it - I usually like clubby stuff, trance (loads of different Euphoria in my collection) so this is a bit different for me. Anyway this old lady likes pendulum, you too may find that it makes it easier to live in a house full of male teenagers.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 19, 2009 9:31 AM GMT