Profile for our-jo > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
The Debt & the Doormat
The Debt & the Doormat

5.0 out of 5 stars Do not read in public!, 17 Oct. 2013
This book was very funny. I spent so much time giggling and laughing and wiping my eyes, thankful that I was reading it in the privacy of my own home and not in public. As it was I kept getting irritated looks from my spouse. Interesting characters. Although the ending was predictable I didn't mind and was left feeling very satisfied that this was not another freebie flop.

Tracked
Tracked

3.0 out of 5 stars Perfidy? Really ?, 17 April 2013
This review is from: Tracked (Kindle Edition)
This is a great story ruined in the kindle edition by a lack of editing. Perfidy is used instead of perfectly; words are separated like tar get instead of target, per son instead of person; sentences are broken up and start randomly on a new line halfway through. It is also hard to follow who is speaking as there is no separation of the speakers.
A really good story which will be a really good read when properly edited.

Premium UniSuction 360 In-Car Windscreen Suction Phone Holder Mount - Solid Robust Design / Works with Case for Samsung Galaxy Nexus / S / S2 / S3 /S3 Mini / S4 / S4 Mini / Ace / Ace 2 / Ace 3 / Ace Plus
Offered by Modern-Tech

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little device, 12 July 2012
This suction holder is excellent. I can fit my Samsung Galaxy S3 in it even with a flip case on it. I am using it on my dashboard as experience with satnav devices has had them falling off and I thought the dashboard was a shorter drop. So far it has not dropped the phone and has stayed suctioned to the little pad that comes with it. The pad is there to stick onto your dashboard so that the suction pad sticks to a flat surface. On the suction part you can turn it left to lock the suction securely onto flat disc. Recommended item. Works well in horizontal and vertical positions by easily turning cradle with phone in or out.

Wedding at King's Convenience (Mills & Boon)
Wedding at King's Convenience (Mills & Boon)

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it., 23 Nov. 2011
I really enjoyed this book. It has a very strong female character and the guy is likeable too. Would love to read more from this author.

The One You Love (Emma Holden Suspense Mystery Trilogy, Book 1)
The One You Love (Emma Holden Suspense Mystery Trilogy, Book 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars Bad editting, 23 Nov. 2011
An OK read, but ruined by bad editting and the misuse of some words, particularly the use of exacerbate instead of exasperate. Made the book hard to bear!

Gelert 24-45L Raincover - Bright Yellow, 24-45 Lt
Gelert 24-45L Raincover - Bright Yellow, 24-45 Lt

4.0 out of 5 stars Raincoat for rucksack!, 11 Sept. 2010
I bought this item after my children returned from school with the entire contents of their bags soaked from being in the rain. The raincover is big enough to cover their bags and has a drawstring cord to get it to tightly fit round it. The only snag is that the straps of my children's rucksacks start at the top of the bag so the raincover has nothing to grip at the top and slides off. To get round that we are having to turn the cover upside down (obvious as the logo is now upside down) and loop the remains of the drawstring round the carry handle that most rucksacks seem to have along their top. An improvement on the raincover design might be for them to include a strap/tie that connects from the top to the bottom and fastens behind the rucksack to keep it in place. Otherwise I'm happy with purchase, which arrived 2 days after order was placed.

Rumour Has It
Rumour Has It
by Jill Mansell

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Jill Mansell great., 2 Jan. 2010
This review is from: Rumour Has It (Paperback)
Read it in pretty much one sitting. Jill Mansell books are funny and leave you feeling happy. This one doesn't disappoint. Lots of laugh out loud moments.

Kitchen Craft 500g Tub of Ceramic Baking Beans
Kitchen Craft 500g Tub of Ceramic Baking Beans

5.0 out of 5 stars Baking beans, 2 Jan. 2010
These do what they say on the tub. I've used them in 9" flan tins and there is more than enough for this.

Duracell Supreme AA 2650mAh Pack of 4
Duracell Supreme AA 2650mAh Pack of 4

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of time and money, 30 Jun. 2009
I bought 4 packs of these batteries because they were duracell and I thought they would be superior to other brand rechargeables. They are worse than useless. I use them in my xbox controller and within a half hour if I am lucky they need recharging. Most times, even after charging they simply don't work. Avoid at all costs. I have used energizer and uniross rechargeables for the same purpose with no problems. Very disappointed
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 11, 2009 9:02 AM BST

Asa
Asa
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 28 Aug. 2008
This review is from: Asa (Audio CD)
This is a great CD. It is sung in two languages, English and Yoruba, but you don't need to understand either to be able to appreciate the great melody of this album. Asa has a powerful voice.This is the first album of Asa's that I have listened to, and I am now on the lookout for more of her stuff.

Page: 1 | 2