Profile for V. Ware > Reviews

Content by V. Ware

V. Ware (Devon , England.)

Scarlet Ibis
Scarlet Ibis
by Gill Lewis

5.0 out of 5 stars Also a good read for a 37 year old!, 15 Aug 2014
This review is from: Scarlet Ibis (Paperback)
I picked this up in the recommended section in my local library, not realising it was meant for pre-teen age group. Despite this I enjoyed the story immensely and will definitely read more of Gill Lewis' stuff in future.

Spearmark Peppa Pig Picnic Kool Lamp
Spearmark Peppa Pig Picnic Kool Lamp

5.0 out of 5 stars Great lamp, 3 Mar 2014
This was the perfect bedside lamp for my little 2year old, it is safe and easy for her to use. It is a perfect reading light for her bedside table.

Samsung CLX-3175FW Wirelss Colour Laser Printer,copy,scan And Fax. 16ppm (mono),4ppm (colour) Print Speeds

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad in every way., 20 July 2011
I bought this printer because it was cheap, but it was a classic case of false economy. I couldn't get the wireless function to work, possibly my own ability at fault but nonetheless it's certainly not "plug and play" or user friendly in any way. Secondly the toner cartridges run out like they're going out of fashion, more expense. Thirdly the print quality was diabolical, with the first 10 copies of any batch coming out with grey blotches and discolouration down the side. Blocks of colour often had white cracks across them, I tried cleaning the drum etc but no joy. Finally after approx 18 months of use, the printer overheated and basically melted from the inside out. Of course, outside the warranty period so just a dead loss. Next time I will buy something that costs a bit more and is hopefully much more reliable.

VTech Tiny Touch Phone
VTech Tiny Touch Phone
Offered by THE MARKETPLACE

2.0 out of 5 stars Volume too low, 19 Sep 2010
Although the toy itself is quite good, it is designed to play loudly in the packaging when you try it in the shop, then when you remove the packaging a pin is dislodged which reverts the sound level down to "European safety regulation" levels. This makes it so quiet that you can hardly hear it even in a silent room. With any background noise (car engine, washing machine, tv, radio etc) you cannot hear it at all unless you hold it right up to your ear. As some of the games involve watching the display, it's not possible to do as you can't listen and watch at the same time. I would not recommend this product. I understand that the sound level is a legal issue rather than the manufacturers choice but nonetheless it's appallingly quiet and renders the toy pretty obsolete. As somebody else said, you may as well not bother with batteries and let the child play imaginary games with it rather than the games the toy is intended for. A shame.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 6, 2012 4:16 PM GMT

The Nursery Rhyme Collection - 33 Musicians Create A Nursery Rhymes Masterpiece [2 CD's]

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, 7 July 2010
I agree entirely with the other reviews here. This compilation is outstanding, and a refreshing change to the usual infantile renditions of nursery rhymes that us parents have to put up with. There is skill and humour in these arrangements, and I'm sure I won't get tired of listening to them for years to come.

Amusing highlights include "Georgie Porgie" in the style of The Who, "Old King Cole" in the style of harpsichord chamber music, and amusing voice-over clips by the grand old Duke of York and Old MacDonald: "would you like to buy some of my best butter?".

I'm very pleased with my purchase and will be recommending, if not buying, copies for friends & relatives.

The musicians and producers should be very proud of their work here.

Conception, Pregnancy and Birth: The Childbirth Bible for Today's Parents
Conception, Pregnancy and Birth: The Childbirth Bible for Today's Parents
by Miriam Stoppard

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this book., 17 Aug 2009
I am so chuffed that I decided to buy this book. There is not a single question that it doesn't answer. Right from before your baby is conceived right through the pregnancy, birth and on through the early stages of parenthood. It covers everything in a straightforward way with lots of pictures and examples. I really can't rate it highly enough. You will not regret investing in this bible!

The End Of Mr. Y
The End Of Mr. Y

5.0 out of 5 stars Indescribably good!!!!, 10 Sep 2007
This review is from: The End Of Mr. Y (Hardcover)
I am finding it difficult to put into words how much I was blown away by this book, which I finished reading this afternoon.

Scarlett Thomas could well have the most incredible imagination of any author I've ever come across. "The End of Mr Y" takes everything you believe about the universe and "turns it to spaghetti". It combines science, adventure and existentialism into one huge roller-coaster ride.

This novel should be made into a movie and if well made it would be on a par with sci-fi blockbusters such as The Matrix.

The End of Mr Y
The End of Mr Y

5.0 out of 5 stars Indescribably good!!!, 6 Sep 2007
This review is from: The End of Mr Y (Paperback)

The End of Mr. Y
The End of Mr. Y

5.0 out of 5 stars Indescribably good., 6 Sep 2007
This review is from: The End of Mr. Y (Paperback)

Scarlett Thomas could well have the most incredible imagination I've ever come across. "The End of Mr Y" takes everything you believe about the universe and "turns it to spaghetti". It combines science, adventure and existentialism into one huge roller-coaster ride.

Kisstory: DANCE CLASSICS;REWIND TO THE EARLY 90'S
Kisstory: DANCE CLASSICS;REWIND TO THE EARLY 90'S
Offered by Factory Shop Deals

5.0 out of 5 stars BRING IT ALL BACK BABY, 3 Nov 2002
Quite simply an unbelievable collection of the greatest club hits of the early nineties. They haven't ommitted a thing here, you'll find all your favourite old "choons" on the tracklist somewhere, guaranteed. Well done KISS.