Profile for book girl > Reviews

Content by book girl

book girl

Quiz Party (Nintendo Wii)
Quiz Party (Nintendo Wii)
Offered by Game Trade Online

1.0 out of 5 stars Back To The 90s!, 21 Aug 2012
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
Really disappointed with this!

Although the questions are interestIng and pretty up to date, it takes so long to get through them due to boring gimmicky graphics and constant score updates you very quickly lose interest. Given this was only issued a few weeks ago, I expected a flashier and pacier version of Buzz. Sadly I got something so slow and basic it felt like a game from the 90s.

I don't know why the fact you only need one controller is used as a selling point, as this actually makes it even more tedious, as you are reliant on either one person controlling the whole game, or are constantly passing it from one player to another.

Very amateurish - I wish I hadn't wasted my money on it!

Separate Beds
Separate Beds
by Elizabeth Buchan

2.0 out of 5 stars So Predictable!, 29 Jan 2011
This review is from: Separate Beds (Paperback)
If you like a depressing, boring story full of miserable, unlikeable characters leading wretched lives, but where you can work out each ones happy ending way before the last page, then this is the book for you!

Coming Home
Coming Home
by Patricia Scanlan

2.0 out of 5 stars Shockingly Lightweight!, 18 Jan 2011
This review is from: Coming Home (Paperback)
I usually enjoy this author's work, but this book was really disappointing.

There was no real story, just a bunch of one dimensional 'characters', a repetitive lecture about the importance of family, and a load of loose ends.

I don't understand why, when there were so many obvious opportunities to develop both cast and story, that the book was so short - it was as if the author just couldn't be bothered to finish it properly.

I really feel that I wasted my time reading this, and in fact also feel a little insulted, as it seems very little time and effort went into it on the authors part.

The Last Family In England
The Last Family In England
by Matt Haig

1.0 out of 5 stars An Unhappy Ending!, 15 Jan 2011
A pretty good read until you realise how it's going to end.

Very upsetting, totally ruined the book, which I will never read again or recommend to anyone else.

I'm not a wimp, and I know bad things happen, but I don't want to read about them, especially when they happen to animals!

Articulate Your Life
Articulate Your Life
Offered by All We Ever Look For

2.0 out of 5 stars Not As Good As The Original ........, 30 Dec 2010
= Durability:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Articulate Your Life (Toy)
Because although the new categories are great, the electronic timer totally spoils it.

Even if you get the maximum time available (37 seconds) it's just not long enough, and makes the game unfair and confusing, as there is no way of knowing how much time you have been given, and the 'ticking clock' that lets you know time is running out is intrusive and irritating.

Such a shame, as the electronic timer is what tempted me to buy this in the first place, as in theory it seemed a much better option than the old fashioned egg timer provided in the original game. Not so!