Profile for Mrs. Sheenagh Jones > Reviews

Content by Mrs. Sheenagh ...

Mrs. Sheenagh Jones "night owl" (Manchester England)

Page: 1 | 2
Do No Harm: Stories of Life, Death and Brain Surgery
Do No Harm: Stories of Life, Death and Brain Surgery

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic read, 23 Mar 2014
I am a nurse and neurosurgery was my first ward as a student. I later did theatre and one of our neurosurgeons threw a large spanner at me .....because he was cross!! This was the late 70s. I got sent to humane theatre where the anaesthetist and gynaecologist urged me to press charges!! After reading the book I understand now why neurosurgeons get so cross! Henry Marsh comes across as a very caring and compassionate man. His patients were his first priority. I couldn't put the book down.

Perfect Strangers
Perfect Strangers

5.0 out of 5 stars Roller coaster!!, 26 Aug 2013
This review is from: Perfect Strangers (Kindle Edition)
Far fetched but easy reading! Chick lit thriller. Page turner with quite a few twists!! Certainly good beach read. Read it and enjoy!!

Stolen Child
Stolen Child

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic read!!, 15 Jan 2013
This review is from: Stolen Child (Kindle Edition)
I love reading but lately have struggled getting into a book and then not finishing it. I came across this book randomly. What a read! I couldn't put it down!! It was a really good story and and I was kept guessing right to the end! I kept thinking about Madeleine McCann and wondering if her mother had read thus book.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars shoes to die for!!!, 3 Sep 2011
Absolutely gorgeous shoes!! Unfortunately too small. I read reviews that said shoes are big. As I am a six and a half and there were no half sizes....I ordered a six instead of a seven. My 19 year old daughter is a five and a half.....and thought she had died and gone to heaven as they fitted her perfectly!! Very quick delivery and really good value.

Party Time by Sekonda 4304.27 'Cloud' Ladies White Fashion Watch
Party Time by Sekonda 4304.27 'Cloud' Ladies White Fashion Watch
Offered by Cathsdirect

5.0 out of 5 stars really lovely, 9 July 2010
I treated myself to this watch. I am useless with watches so didn't want to spend a lot. The biggest problem was deciding which colour to buy.......I love them all! I decided on the white as thought it would go with all my summer clothes. It came today and I am really pleased. It is robust but really pretty and has a nice clear face. I agree with a previous reviewer that the plastic strap looks a bit tacky........but when watch is on wrist it doesn't stand out as a plastic strap and it looks an expensive watch. I want the black one next! It also comes in nice presentation box so would make lovely present.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 31, 2011 11:07 AM BST

Foursome
Foursome
by Jane Fallon

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy holiday read, 3 July 2010
This review is from: Foursome (Paperback)
I have read Jane Fallon's other books and enjoyed them. I loved this book. It is a bit predictable......a few hairy moments and a few twists but everything works out. It is easy to read and funny and poignant. If you hate chic lit don't bother but it is more up market than the normal soppy stuff. I really enjoyed it and look forward to escaping with her next book.

Titanium / White Crystal Belly Bar, with 1 x 6mm and 1 x 8mm Crystal Set Bead
Titanium / White Crystal Belly Bar, with 1 x 6mm and 1 x 8mm Crystal Set Bead

5.0 out of 5 stars My sparkling secret!!, 25 Mar 2010
This is a lovely sparkly piece of jewellery. A few years ago I had my tummy button pierced and a lovely crystal bar put in. I am too old for cropped tops but am still slim and and think it is fun. After losing my bar I bought this one and it really is lovely with va-va-voom effect. It's a shame it won't be seen!!

Skechers Women's Spacious High Shearling Arctic Boot
Skechers Women's Spacious High Shearling Arctic Boot

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent value!!, 13 Jan 2010
I bought some EMU boots from Amazon just before Christmas. They were pale beige and almost identical to the Skecher's boots. On Christmas day my daughter received some black UGG boots as a present. On comparing the Emu ones to the Ugg's the only real difference was almost £100! I decided to buy myself a black pair of EMU.s but sadly Amazon had put the price up. I then disovered the Skechers boots! I am a size 7 and got a 6. They are so comfy and I have trudged in the snow with them and kept warm as toast! I have slim legs and they are roomy....but I can't see why this is a problem. They really are excellent value. I want some brown ones now!!

Tuscany Silver 8mm Beads Necklace 43cm/17"
Tuscany Silver 8mm Beads Necklace 43cm/17"

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't wait to wear it!!, 28 Nov 2009
I ordered the bracelet and was so pleased with it that I pushed the boat out and treated myself to the necklace. It really is lovely and simple.....but less is more!! I agree with a previous review that says it is a modern twist to a string of pearls. It is just simply lovely and beautifully packaged.

Genuine Sony Ericsson W910i UK 3 Pin Mains Charger CST-75
Genuine Sony Ericsson W910i UK 3 Pin Mains Charger CST-75
Offered by Prepaymania

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain!!, 30 Sep 2009
I always need a spare charger to keep in handbag, leave at work etc and this one was sent very quickly and cheap! I would advise anyone to buy a spare charger BEFORE they need it!!

Page: 1 | 2