Profile for T. Oakes > Reviews

Content by T. Oakes

T. Oakes "Matrix" (England)

Dane (The MacKenzie Family Book 1)
Dane (The MacKenzie Family Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Could not put this book down!, 6 Feb. 2014
I would recommend these books to anyone. They contain mystery, suspense, romance, erotica (mild) and a good storyline. Well worth a read. When you have finished one book, you just have to start another - very addictive, and you just like all the characters.

The MacKenzies (The MacKenzie Family)
The MacKenzies (The MacKenzie Family)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent series - had me enthralled from the outset, 6 Feb. 2014
These books are very well written, planned and executed. They had me wrapped up in the stories from the outset. I came across the series by accident - CADE I downloaded as a freebie, and am now hooked to all the books. Just starting the second book in the Security series. Just cannot put these books down, very addictive.

Nextime Plug Inn Metal/ Plastic Wall Clock, Silver
Nextime Plug Inn Metal/ Plastic Wall Clock, Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely looking clock, 3 Dec. 2012
Very elegant looking clock, goes well with my new kitchen. I would say that it is a tad on the expensive side for what it is, but I would still purchase it, as I fell in love with one exactly the same in the sales brochure I purchased my new kitchen from. I searched the internet to find one like it and found this one. My kitchen is now complete!

Amazon e-Reader USB Charger for Amazon eReaders, UK
Amazon e-Reader USB Charger for Amazon eReaders, UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely needed, 3 Dec. 2012
I was lucky to purchase this at a reduced price. It is definitley a good idea to have one to be able to recharge your Kindle from an electric socket, rather than a USB. Well worth the cost.

Kindle Paperwhite (5th generation), 6" High Resolution Display (212 ppi) with Built-in Light, Wi-Fi

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent e-reader, 3 Dec. 2012
I haven't had an e-reader previously, so this was my first experience. Well what can I say. Excellent doesn't describe it enough. I had reserved it prior to its release date, but was on a 3 week delay due to high demand, which co-incided with my birthday. I purchased this one due to its write up. The screen is very clear and white, I love the light coming from the 'back' of the device, it is very responsive and quick, with books down loaded in a matter of a few seconds. I also like you are able to just 'prod' the side of the screen to turnover the page, and don't have to swipe your finger from one side to another. I know not that bog a deal, but I have arthritis, so this helps me greatly. The device is light to hold, very easy to use and a great piece of kit. I also like the ability to know how long I have to the end of the chapter/book.

I would also like to add that reading all the other reviews, I started to regret having ordered this Kindle before it had arrived with regard to the shadowing and markings on some people's screen. However, I have known of these reported problems, with the screen being completely white and clear.

Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Leather Case, Ink Blue - fits all Paperwhite generations

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality case, 3 Dec. 2012
Good quality case. Was dubious about it due to the price being expensive for what it is, but it is very well made and it works with the Kindle in sleep mode etc, which I FOUND GREAT. I have purchased cheaper types of cases for my children's tablets, which haven't lasted long at all and look cheap and nasty. This certainly doesn't and is well worth the money.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas pressie for Husband, 3 Dec. 2012
Purchased this watch for my Husband for Christmas, following his very hefty hints of how much he had liked it on various websites. Found the watch on Amazon, cheaper than anywhere else. The watch is quite chunky but substantial and looks a high quality watch, more than its selling value.

LEGO Super Heroes 6869: Quinjet Aerial Battle
LEGO Super Heroes 6869: Quinjet Aerial Battle
Offered by Natureas

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas pressie - can't wait to see his face on Xmas day!, 3 Dec. 2012
This is a set my Son has wanted for months, so was purchased for him for Christmas. I am sure he is going to love it. As usual, lego kits are expensive for what they are, but worth it to see my Son's face and enjoyment.

In Too Deep (America's Bravest Book 1)
In Too Deep (America's Bravest Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent easy read, 3 Dec. 2012
This was an excellent easy read, short story, where I KEPT WISHING IT WAS LONGER AS i became involved with the characters. Would recommend.

Dead Lagoon (Zen)
Dead Lagoon (Zen)
by Michael Dibdin

1.0 out of 5 stars Heavy Going, 1 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Dead Lagoon (Zen) (Paperback)
Purchsed book for my Husband following the hit TV trio of episodes which we loved. Boo, however, is really heavy going and will not be purchasing the rest of the series - hopefully they will be produced into TV programmes......