Profile for A. Janes > Reviews

Content by A. Janes

A. Janes "alix" (uk)

Page: 1 | 2
Edge of Eternity (The Century Trilogy)
Edge of Eternity (The Century Trilogy)
by Ken Follett

5.0 out of 5 stars a cracking read, 23 Nov 2014
Every bit as good as expected. Loved it. A lot of factual history in a good story.

Seiko Watch Battery SR521SW (379)
Seiko Watch Battery SR521SW (379)
Offered by Tiny Watch Company

5.0 out of 5 stars it's a battery!, 23 Nov 2014
Arrived quickly and the watch now works. Result.

The Silkworm (Cormoran Strike Book 2)
The Silkworm (Cormoran Strike Book 2)

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok but not as good as the first., 29 Jun 2014
As a readers of crime thrillers the book at the centre of the plot was miles away from what appeals to me, and the author was portrayed as some sort of weirdo so I found it hard to relate to him. The other characters are equally as awful with the exception of Robin and Strike, so it was not a good start. The story is complex and the method of death seemed gratuitous. I will continue with the series but hope the next one is better.

I found the literary quotes at the start of each chapter pretentious and annoying and I gave up bothering to read them. It felt a bit like the author was showing off by including them as they didn't add anything for me.
I got bored by the constant references to Strike`s false leg and sore stump, point made so stop going on about it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 12, 2014 8:33 PM BST

Rohde Womens 1912 Clogs 191241 Chili 6 UK, 39 EU
Rohde Womens 1912 Clogs 191241 Chili 6 UK, 39 EU

4.0 out of 5 stars need a half size, 2 Jun 2014
This review is from: Rohde Womens 1912 Clogs (Shoes)
I thought I could get by with a size 6 although I am normally 6.5. I was wrong. Why do shoe manufacturers ignore us half size customers. These were lovely but too small. The size 7 would have been too big. Half sizes are a legitimate size so why are we ignored? Perhaps companies could do half sizes only for a change.

An Innocent Client (Joe Dillard Series Book 1)
An Innocent Client (Joe Dillard Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 30 Mar 2014
This book had an intriguing story which kept me interested throughout. Not a long or difficult read, but I liked the characters and the writing style.

The Cuckoo's Calling (Cormoran Strike Book 1)
The Cuckoo's Calling (Cormoran Strike Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down, 22 Mar 2014
This is one of those books where you have to read every word, no skipping bits or speed reading. I thoroughly enjoyed the way the plot unfolded and I didn't guess who dun it at all. It is a good read.

Rasputin's Shadow
Rasputin's Shadow

3.0 out of 5 stars ok but not brilliant, 10 Mar 2014
This review is from: Rasputin's Shadow (Kindle Edition)
This was slow to grab my interest, with too many threads running at the start. Got into it by chapter 5, but found myself speed-reading from about half way at times to get on with the story.

Brownish Escape
Brownish Escape

2.0 out of 5 stars did this once already, 28 Feb 2014
This review is from: Brownish Escape (App)
Already left a review but can't continue as it was not recognised. Getting annoyed now. !!!!! Let me out! Not worth 61p

SCRABBLE
SCRABBLE

5.0 out of 5 stars great fun, 29 Nov 2013
This review is from: SCRABBLE (App)
This is brilliant. I have only played against the kindle but I am totally addicted to this game. Easy to use, just as good as the board game. Hours of amusement and brain training for the winter months.

The Alligator Man
The Alligator Man

5.0 out of 5 stars a jolly good read, 14 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Alligator Man (Kindle Edition)
This was exactly what I expected from James Sheenan. A courtroom drama with twists and turns. I couldn't put it down.

Page: 1 | 2