Profile for Birdman > Reviews

Content by Birdman

Birdman (Dalton in Furness, Cumbria, UK.)

Page: 1 | 2
Van Halen: Right Here, Right Now - Live [DVD] [1993] [Region 1] [NTSC]
Van Halen: Right Here, Right Now - Live [DVD] [1993] [Region 1] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Van Halen

4.0 out of 5 stars Hmmm - could do better., 18 Aug. 2006
As a huge VH fan, I really wanted this to be THE definative performance, sadly, this is not so.

As expected, the musicianship is excellent throughout, but the "sparkle" is missing.

After reading the earlier comments, I MUST get a copy of "Live without a net"

Complete Video Collection [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Complete Video Collection [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Lita Ford
Offered by RAREWAVES USA

4.0 out of 5 stars Impressive, 22 July 2006
The title "Complete Video Collection" IS correct, but a little misleading, as this DVD is padded out by some live concert footage.

The video's themselves - well, what can I say - who can forget the stunning visual impact of "Kiss me deadly" for instance, not me certainly, the others are just as impressive, and bring back happy memories, they always left me wanting more.

And "more" is just what you get with the live footage - a bonus in itself.

Some of the live material is questionable to say the least, but, surrounded by a superb band, lita delivers a (perhaps surprising) powerful vocal performance - worth the price for that alone!

If you are a fan, buy it, if you are not, buy it anyway, and prepare to be surprised at the performance of a much underrated talent.

Bon Jovi: This Left Feels Right [DVD] [2004]
Bon Jovi: This Left Feels Right [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Bon Jovi

2.0 out of 5 stars Not my favourite, 21 July 2006
I will say once again, that BJ have never performed a poor gig, and this is no exception.

This is basically an "unplugged" version of thier live show, and veiwed as such, is faultless, all the band delivering - as always - flawless performances.

If, however, (like me), you prefer the full on live hard rock performance, this DVD is not for you - sorry guys - suffice to say that my copy will shortly be be listed on ebay.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 27, 2009 11:57 AM GMT

Ac/Dc: Family Jewels [DVD] [2005]
Ac/Dc: Family Jewels [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ AC/DC

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential, 20 July 2006
I totally disagree with the previous reveiwer - this DVD is truly awesome.

I have been aware of AC/DC for many years, but apart from "Rosie & Let there be rock", was largely unaware of thier early back catalogue, i.e the Bon Scott years.

Stand out tracks include the opener, "Baby please don't go", featuring Phil Rudd being highly amused at Bon's antics dressed in drag, & smoking a fag, to the seeming bewilderment of the Oz audience; The video for "it's a long way to the top", which involved bringing the Melbourne traffic to a standstill; and the stunning live rendition of "Riff raff", recorded at the Glasgow empire.

To my untutored mind, the Bon Scott years are the most impressive, disc 2 being mostly video's of thier later hits, these bring the music to life, however, and the whole package represents an essential purchase.

If there is overdubbing - so what?, If you are a fan, buy and enjoy, if you are not a fan, buy anyway - a fan you soon will be!

Bon Jovi: The Crush Tour [DVD] [2000]
Bon Jovi: The Crush Tour [DVD] [2000]
Dvd ~ Jon Bon Jovi
Offered by WorldCinema

4.0 out of 5 stars BJ have never performed a poor gig, 20 July 2006
I have been a BJ fan since "slippery", I have seen them live, I have read many gig reviews, and it's true to say that BJ have NEVER given a poor performance. However, I agree with an earlier reviewer, that the band do seem a little lacklustre, looking like they are near the end of a very tough schedule.

With that in mind, it must be said that the (individual) performances are superb, i.e. cannot be faulted.

My only criticism is that too much emphasis is placed on the "new" album, with large chunks of thier "essential" back catalogue ignored.

If you have never seen BJ live, this DVD will give you an excellent idea of what to expect, when you DO see them live, they will be SO much better, I promise.

Fallen
Fallen
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfection., 30 Jun. 2006
This review is from: Fallen (Audio CD)
I bought this album after seeing the "Going Under" video on Kerrang TV, and was totally gobsmacked by the superb collection of tracks - hardly a duff one to be heard.

Amy Lee's voice is excellent throughout, her rendition of "my immortal" sends shivers down the spine.

Simply a "MUST" for all, have no reservations, BUY - BUY - BUY.

Page: 1 | 2