Profile for redtedart > Reviews

Cricut Explore - Design-Draw-Cut-Craft System
Cricut Explore - Design-Draw-Cut-Craft System
Price: 249.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of creative fun, 17 Jun 2014
So far, I have really enjoyed using the new Cricut Explore. I particularly like the feature that you can upload your own images for the machine to cut - giving your craft projects so much flexiblity.

Glow-In-The-Dark Tattoos: Unicorns (Dover Tattoos)
Glow-In-The-Dark Tattoos: Unicorns (Dover Tattoos)
by Christy Shaffer
Price: 2.50

1.0 out of 5 stars I ordered Unicorns I got Snakes, 29 Oct 2013
I ordered some glow in the dark unicorns and I received snakes. My 4yrs old little girl will not be impressed on her Birthday. Due to low value of the the item, the returns process is prohibitive and it is impossible for me to "contact" amazon to request a refund or replacement (the automatic system won't let).

Seriously disappointed.

"Camden" Nibbling Silicone Teething Necklace (Red)
"Camden" Nibbling Silicone Teething Necklace (Red)
Offered by NIBBLING
Price: 28.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Genius and pretty idea, 14 Oct 2013
LOVE this genius ideas for new mums (and grannies and aunties!). So missed wearing any form of jewelry when I had my kids and then got out of the habit of wearing jewelry. Wish we had had these!!! So clever that they are good for teething, safe AND look fabulous!!! Have recommended it to all my friends!

Sworn Secret
Sworn Secret
by Amanda Jennings
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars A real page turner, 14 Oct 2013
This review is from: Sworn Secret (Paperback)
I enjoy nothing more than a book that I just WANT TO KEEP READING. This was a real page turner for me. And tough we had a VERY busy weekend with friends and family, I still managed to read it within 48hrs. I just had to see how it finished. And when I did finish it, I need time to "recover" from this gripping and highly emotional story.

100 Easy Ways to be a Thrifty Family
100 Easy Ways to be a Thrifty Family
Price: 2.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Great resource for families on a budget, 13 April 2013
This is a fantastic resource for families on a budget - covering a broad spectrum of things - from food to activities with the kids. If you want tips on being more frugal,this book is really worth your while.

The Artful Parent: Simple Ways to Fill Your Family's Life with Art and Creativity
by Jean Van'T Hul
Price: 11.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfully inspirational, 4 April 2013
This is a wonderful book for any parent wanting to explore more art with their kids. Jean makes art simple and accessible for all - with no need for "experience or art degrees". Truly inspirational.

Art Lab For Kids: 52 Creative Adventures in Drawing, Painting, Printmaking, Paper, and Mixed Media  - For Budding Artists of All Ages
Art Lab For Kids: 52 Creative Adventures in Drawing, Painting, Printmaking, Paper, and Mixed Media - For Budding Artists of All Ages
by Susan Schwake
Price: 11.81

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Inspirting Book, 6 July 2012
A fantastic book containing 52 art projects - exploring all sorts of different tools and media - from pastels, to scribble drawings, to printing making, to collages. All the arty stimulation to keep you inspired and motivated for the whole year (and probably longer).

Wonderfully laid out - with a Meet the Artist Section (perfect for you "Kids Get Arty" project), Materials, Planning and Doing. Finally a small section on "Going Further" - giving you ideas of what else you could to enhance your art or use the technique again.

I also like how Susan shows her students - of all age groups doing different projects. Which makes me feel confident that we will get many years use out of it and that my children will rediscover projects again and again, whilst also learning a little about "real" artists.

Great projects. Great photos. Great book.

I am sure you will be inspired!

Mummy Whisperer
Mummy Whisperer
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read for any parent, 23 April 2012
This review is from: Mummy Whisperer (Kindle Edition)
The Mummy Whisper is a great read for any parent - be it a first time mum or a 3rd time round father (yes, I think this is a great site for dad's too), you will find down to earth support to help you along your way. With so many "mummy blogs" and parenting websites out there, it can be hard to find the right one to read - but Lisa, really brings helpful advice in an easy way to read.

Worth every penny!

Thanks!

How to Be the Best Bubblewriter in the World, Ever!
How to Be the Best Bubblewriter in the World, Ever!
by Linda Scott
Price: 7.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab and fun, 28 Jun 2011
Oh what a lovely fab and fun book indeed. I can so see my 12 year old self pouring hours over this trying out different cool ways to write my name. Love how you also learn a little about perspective and different techniques. Lots of fun and am sure will encourage writing!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 7, 2011 1:08 PM GMT

My Daddy Cooks: 100 Fresh New Recipes for the Whole Family
My Daddy Cooks: 100 Fresh New Recipes for the Whole Family
by Nick Coffer
Price: 14.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Cook Book for Anyone to Enjoy, 7 Jun 2011
What a fabulous cook book indeed - I love cookbooks that you can take the off the shelf - have a quick browse through and quickly find something that you feel like making. More importantly - feel like making AND have the ingredients in the house: down to earth recipes, using every day items, with the odd something special thrown in. Tasty. Easy. No fuss. And still somehow special.

Love it.

Also beautifully laid out, with great photos and a handy "broken spine", so the pages don't keep flapping shut whilst you are cooking.

Am inspired to try lots of new things, as well as get my children involved.

Page: 1 | 2