Profile for Flick-M > Reviews

Content by Flick-M

Flick-M "Flickm" (Oxford UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16
500ml Avocado Virgin Oil
500ml Avocado Virgin Oil
Offered by Naissance
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 July 2014
Fast dispatch, masses for your money and it's making my skin silky soft.

Cupcakes Diary [With Key]
Cupcakes Diary [With Key]
by Mudpuppy
Edition: Diary
Price: 6.57

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 July 2014
This review is from: Cupcakes Diary [With Key] (Diary)
Got this for my granddaughter, who loves it.

Ordination of Priestesses and Priests: of the Fellowship of Isis
Ordination of Priestesses and Priests: of the Fellowship of Isis
by Olivia Robertson
Price: 4.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job of explaining the path to ordination withion ..., 2 July 2014
Does the job of explaining the path to ordination withion FOI. Have taken a star off because of the truly dire illustrations. An earlier edition has photos - should have stuck to that.

Rosehip Seed Oil Extra Virgin Organic 100 ml, UK Soil Ass Certified
Rosehip Seed Oil Extra Virgin Organic 100 ml, UK Soil Ass Certified
Offered by Fushi Wellbeing - UK's Leading Ethical Wellbeing and Beauty Brand
Price: 13.50

5.0 out of 5 stars This was sent quickly and seems a reasonable price, ..., 2 July 2014
This was sent quickly and seems a reasonable price, comparing with other sources. I've only been using it a couple of weeks, so can't give an in depth report of its effectiveness. However, already my sun damaged skin looks more supple and glowing. Sun spots are marginally lighter and a couple of small broken capilliaries on my face are now a lot less noticeable.

Pomegranate Seed Oil Organic, Extra Virgin-50ml
Pomegranate Seed Oil Organic, Extra Virgin-50ml
Offered by Fushi Wellbeing - UK's Leading Ethical Wellbeing and Beauty Brand
Price: 18.50

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so brilliant, 25 Jun 2014
I love this oil, it's luxurious and absorbs well into the skin. I've only been using it for a few days on my mature, sun damaged skin, but i'm sure my face has tightened and lifted a little. No reactions to it at all. Argan oil made my face break out, but this is fine. Also the cap and inner plug on mine seem sound, unlike other reviewers have mentioned, though it's quite hard to get the oil to come out as it's very thick; for this reason it needs to be dispensed into the palm of the hand to warm a little. I use it on face and neck each morning and seal it with aloe vera gel. It sinks in well and leaves the skin looking firm and velvety.

Principles of - Druidry: The only introduction you'll ever need (Thorsons principles series)
by Emma Restall Orr

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 27 Mar 2014
I'm not a newcomer to Druidry and in fact bought this book for someone else - despite that i found myself reading and enjoying it. The subject is treated sensitively but in an inspirational manner that will reconnect both newcomers and experienced practitioners to nature and the spirit of our native British spirituality. Thoroughly recommended.

Poppet: Jack Caffery series 6
Poppet: Jack Caffery series 6
Price: 3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolute;y brilliant, 27 Mar 2014
I've read and enjoyed some of Mo Hayder's books before, but this is by far the best so far. I'm totally in awe of her skill as a writer and her ability to surprise the reader as the plot and characters evolve. One of the best books I've read this year.

Spirit Houses
Spirit Houses
Price: 2.36

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping and skillfully written, 27 Mar 2014
This review is from: Spirit Houses (Kindle Edition)
I seem to have been reading out of my usual genre lately: first Lisa Richardson's Blog of the Dead series, then Daniela Sacerdoti's Sarah Midnight trilogy, and now this. I can't speak too highly of Spirit Houses: the breadth and scope of her writing is amazing, her prose is beautiful and the storyline caught and held my imagination till the last word - no tailing off on pace or standard here! The reader is swept along into fantastic situations and places which somehow seem plausible. I'm not going to recap the plot and characters (all of whom, by the way, are three dimensional and plausible), the blurb and others' reviews have covered this; sufficient to say I'm going to use that well worn cliche, "I couldn't put it down," because, in this case, it was true. Die Booth is a talented writer with a fertile imagination. I can't wait to see what she writes next.

Blog of the Dead - Life
Blog of the Dead - Life
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A worthy sequel, 18 Mar 2014
I discovered the first of these books when it was serialised on Lisa's blog, and loved it. Through that and twitter, i got to know Lisa and was lucky enough to be asked to beta read this book, which I've subsequently bought in its finished form. I can't speak too highly of the writng and the concept. Like Blog of the Dead, Sophie, this book transports you to a very plausible post apocalyptic world, one in which society, stripped to the basics of cameraderie and survival, reforms itself. It moves at a cracking pace, yet there is room for exploration of love, relationships in general and the dramas (both great and small) of everyday life in a new world. I can only say that I look forward eagerly to seeing how the storyline and characters evolve in the next in the series.

Dreams (Sarah Midnight Trilogy)
Dreams (Sarah Midnight Trilogy)
Price: 0.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good, 14 Feb 2014
It took a while for me to become involved - well, it's presumably young adult and I'm a grandmother - but once in I was hooked.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16