Profile for Flick-M > Reviews

Content by Flick-M

Flick-M "Flickm" (Oxford UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17
THE GLASS GUARDIAN
THE GLASS GUARDIAN

5.0 out of 5 stars Four and a half stars, 17 Jan. 2014
This book is brilliant, incredibly well written and engrossing and very unusual. Why four and a half stars? Because the formatting drove me mad. Text kept changing size for no apparent reason on my iPad. Nobody else has mentioned it, so maybe it's just me. Meanwhile, one of the best books I've read for months. I'm about to download another one or two.

Just one more point - am I right in thinking she was having sex with her (albeit deceased) great uncle?
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 17, 2014 8:44 PM GMT

Pestbye Advanced Dog Barkbuster Bark Stopper - Bark Control Device for Indoor or Outdoor Use To Stop Dogs Barking - Anti Bark
Offered by Primrose

5.0 out of 5 stars so far so good, 15 Jan. 2014
Our collie x is over excitable and prone to panic barking. Nothing has made any difference, including training. We have urban foxes in our garden at night and the dog has been waking us up three or four times a night barking hysterically. He's barked his way through two different types of anti bark collar. We've had the Barkbuster for about a week and so far it's working. He does still bark a bit, but soon stops instead of going on and on, getting more and more frenzied. Not only that but he's generally calmer and more pleasant to be with. I'm hoping he doesn't get used to it and start barking again, but it's working so far.

Impressed with the delivery - arrived next day on free super saver.

Just one small gripe that would have given it a half star less if that had been possible: it was necessary to order the mains adaptor separately. But otherwise total satisfaction and a lot more sleep.

PATRICK'S LITTLE DILEMMA
PATRICK'S LITTLE DILEMMA

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a touching book, 12 Dec. 2013
I've been a fan of Peter Davey since howling with laughter all the way through Loved and Lost in Lewisham. I love his blog too. He is such a good writer in a truly British vein, combining humour, pathos and a keen sense of the foibles of human nature. Patrick's Little Dilemma is more serious and poignant, the humour is gentler, but it's just as enjoyable. Bravo Peter Davey!

Shiri
Shiri
by D. S. Taylor

4.0 out of 5 stars An interesting storyline, 8 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Shiri (Paperback)
D.S. taylor can certainly write well and his dialogue is skilfully crafted. I found his descriptions a little florid at times and there was some stilted use of dramatic, old worldly statements,especially in the first chapter, but that didn't detract from my enjoyment of the book, and I found myself carried along by the story and the personality of the main character. Altogether an interesting tale and an engaging read with a plausible sense of time and place.

Babies in Waiting
Babies in Waiting

5.0 out of 5 stars splendid!, 30 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Babies in Waiting (Kindle Edition)
I'm a grandmother, so not likely to have more babies, but I was gripped by this book the whole way through. To the reviewer who said words to the effect that this was likely to just appeal to pregnant or recently birthed mothers, from my point of view you couldn't be more wrong. It's human to be interested in the subject, and there was much more to the book than pregnancy and early motherhood anyway. I loved the romantic elements, laughed at some of the other entanglements. Beautifully written, heart warming and involving.

Sodium Bicarbonate - Bicarb - 1kg
Sodium Bicarbonate - Bicarb - 1kg
Offered by Intralabs

5.0 out of 5 stars what can i say, 29 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Sodium Bicarbonate - Bicarb - 1kg
Is bicarbonate of soda - I'm not going to wax lyrical over it. I use it to wash my hair, having abandoned shampoo a year ago. I'm only relieved to be able to buy it in bulk. even Boots now seems to just sell the little pots of this.

Russell Hobbs 18770 Futura Kettle
Russell Hobbs 18770 Futura Kettle
Offered by Prime Furnishing

4.0 out of 5 stars does the job, 29 Oct. 2013
Quite clunky and noisy, but it wasn't expensive so, hey...Has a nice small footprint and looks smart, with its brushed steel finish. no complaints so far.

This is Your Life
This is Your Life

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 22 Oct. 2013
This review is from: This is Your Life (Kindle Edition)
This book took me right out of myself and into a wonderful, feel-good world. Yes, it was full of cliches and stereotypes, but it's chick lit, for heaven's sake and the predictability is part of the enjoyment. Anyway, it has some highly original aspects to the storyline as well. The scenes and characters are well crafted and the whole book is like a lovely, comforting cosy-fest.

Note to the author, please, please, please read through and re edit. The use of commas is a bit random and there is repetition of words, for example: wash down the woodwork down. This will make it a five star book. You can easily upload a revised copy of the book to KDP without losing any of your other data or your cover image.

Tangled Lives
Tangled Lives

5.0 out of 5 stars highly enjoyable, 22 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Tangled Lives (Kindle Edition)
Perhaps not treated in as much depth as it could have been, but this is still a gripping and thought provoking book on an unusual subject. The characters are well drawn and warm, their responses to their situations believable.

Kitchen Craft Le'Xpress Gas Reducer Ring
Kitchen Craft Le'Xpress Gas Reducer Ring

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab, 19 Oct. 2013
An incredibly useful little piece of kit for putting under my coffee pot on the hob. Don't know how I managed before I got it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17