Profile for Renee Mcgettigan > Reviews

Content by Renee Mcgettigan

Renee Mcgettigan "WrEnN*" (Sydney)

The Temporary
The Temporary
by Rachel Cusk

2.0 out of 5 stars blah, 20 April 2009
This review is from: The Temporary (Paperback)
Yes all of the reviewers are right. The characters are boring and unimpressive. Rachel Cusk is a great writer and depicts these two ordinary characters so well to a point that we really have no interest in further reading / knowing anything more about them. I generally love Cusk's work but agree with the other reviews in respect to the characters were just so uninteresting that I struggled to continue along their everyday paths. Cannot recommend.

A New Earth: Create a Better Life
A New Earth: Create a Better Life
by Eckhart Tolle

2.0 out of 5 stars Such a waste of money & time!, 20 April 2009
Oh holy cow. I had high hopes given the hype but what a load of baloney! The grammar goes around and around in circles - perfectly suited to all of those lovely, successful, useless celebrities that are supporting this text. Think twice before outlaying your money. I tried a few times over to get through the first few chapters and then handed it onto my friends with the question "is it just me"? The answer to that was clearly no! Maybe borrow it from the library or buy from the second hand book shop. Please do not outlay a large amount of cash on this book thinking it will provide the answers. A day laying on the beach with a cocktail will be money far better spent. My first and lasting reaction is blah blah blah yaddah yaddah yaddah.