Profile for Sarah Durston > Reviews

Content by Sarah Durston

Sarah Durston (London)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
New GCSE English Language and Literature Workbook - for the Grade 9-1 Courses (includes Answers)
by CGP Books

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best study guides I've used, 4 Feb. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've used a number of English GCSE revision guides, but this is one of the best. Many of the pages relate directly to texts studied, asking questions that require short PEEL paragraph answers, and are excellent for short bursts of revision.
The book also incorporates writing from different perspectives and focusing on a writer's purpose. There are a number of pages designed to improve the student's writing technique (which includes the use of double negatives! Hurrah!)

A great buy, highly recommended.

Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Pen Black Excess 7ml
Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Pen Black Excess 7ml
Offered by nikis cosmetics

5.0 out of 5 stars I've managed winged eyeliner!, 11 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
About two years ago, I gave up on the idea that is ever be able to perfect winged eyeliner. No longer! The angled tip on this eyeliner pen meant I managed both eyes (evenly) within five minutes!

Still smiling.

Orchard Toys Giant Road Jigsaw
Orchard Toys Giant Road Jigsaw

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 7 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We've long been a fan of Orchard Toys, the products are well made, durable and have appealed to both our kids (a boy and a girl.) This track is no exception.

The pieces are a good size for toddlers to be able to construct independently, they're durable and they pack way neatly. Previously we had one of those 'road rugs' but the roads were too narrow to accommodate many of their cars. Not so with this set, which also allows for them to construct different tracks.

Highly recommended.

Beurer BG40BLK Diagnostic Bathroom Scales
Beurer BG40BLK Diagnostic Bathroom Scales

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceeded expectations, 3 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
About a year ago, after having two children in quick succession, I upped the amount of exercise I was doing in order to improve my overall fitness. I purchased a set of scales which were supposed to calculate body mass and associated gubbins. I ended up getting so frustrated with trying to program them (unsuccessfully) that they were unceremoniously chucked.

Given the chance to try a different make of scales, I thought I'd give these a go. They're clear and easy to use with minimal set up. The scales do measure according to standard BMI charts, which are pretty uncompromising, but they will give you an idea if you're heading in the right direction.

Overall; smart, easy to use and good value for money but far exceeded what I actually needed, in truth!

Orchard Toys Heads and Tails Farmyard Toy
Orchard Toys Heads and Tails Farmyard Toy

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable, chunky and bright, 2 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Twenty-four chunky puzzle pieces piece together to make twelve different animals/ people. The pieces are durable and bright so would withstand a good amount of toddler play.

They also pack away into a nice compact box so take up very little space.

Recommended!

Vidal Sassoon Special Edition Styling Kit
Vidal Sassoon Special Edition Styling Kit
Offered by Innox Trading

4.0 out of 5 stars Hairdryer great, straighteners couldn't handle me!, 26 Nov. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The first thing to say is that this is packaged nicely if you were wanting to give it as a gift; the hairdryer and straighteners are compact and matching.

The hairdresser can be adjusted for both heat and strength, which is great and it did a good job on the kids' hair as well as me and my husband.

I had fairly poor results with the straighteners but my hair is very thick and curly so I'm generally hard pushed to find straighteners that can cope with me!

Strikes me that this would be a good travel set.

NAILSINC Gel Effect Polish, Regent's Park Place
NAILSINC Gel Effect Polish, Regent's Park Place

5.0 out of 5 stars I'd definitely buy this again, 23 Nov. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I don't usually spend more than a fiver on nail polish, so it was nice to be given the opportunity to try something a bit more pricey.

Coverage and shine were both excellent with only two coats and the polish was quite durable too. I have two small children so nail varnish generally chips within a day, but this lasted a couple before you could see wear and tear.

The colour on the page is a little deceptive, this is a light burnt orange so it goes with quite a lot of colours and looks lovely and autumnal.

I'd definitely buy this product again.

Beurer BF 800 White Diagnostic Bathroom Scales with Bluetooth Smart and Health Manager

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart and easy to use, 15 Nov. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

Given the chance to try a different make of scales, I thought I'd give these a go. What a difference! They're clear and easy to use with minimal set up. The scales do measure according to standard BMI charts, which are pretty uncompromising, but they will give you an idea if you're heading in the right direction.

Overall; smart, easy to use and good value for money.

Dr. Stinky's Zombie Scented Scratch-N-Sniff Stickers - Teacher Gifts/Prize
Dr. Stinky's Zombie Scented Scratch-N-Sniff Stickers - Teacher Gifts/Prize
Offered by Beststickers

5.0 out of 5 stars A huge rush of nostalgia!, 12 Nov. 2015
I had a rush of nostalgia when I found you could buy scratch and sniff stickers again; when I was young I collected both Mello Smello and Trend branded stickers!

I bought several packs, each incorporating two sheets of high quality stickers and a 'limited edition' secret sticker, which is about the size of a two pence piece.

The stickers are good quality, adhere well and have a reasonably strong scent. I can't say that 'zombie' is my favourite fragrance but the kids found it hilarious!

Good as a little gift or for use as reward stickers.

Where's Woodstock? (Peanuts) (Little Golden Book)
Where's Woodstock? (Peanuts) (Little Golden Book)
by Margo Lundell

4.0 out of 5 stars One for existing fans, 12 Nov. 2015
As a family we really enjoy watching old Snoopy cartoons and comic strips. I bought this book to read with my children (3 & 4.)

The basic premise of the story is that Snoopy misses his friend Woodstock, who has migrated for the winter.

There are a couple of things to be aware of before buying. Firstly, the book is American and so is the spelling, as well as references to American holidays such as Thanksgiving. I also wonder how self-explanatory the story is if you're not familiar with the Peanuts characters, for example Pig Pen and Schroeder are both referenced but don't feature.

I really like Little Golden Books but can't help feeling that this is one for existing, rather than new, fans.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20