Profile for SussexDodo > Reviews

Content by SussexDodo

SussexDodo (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
SAVFY® Ladies Tidy Travel Insert Handbag Cosmetic Organiser Purse Large Liner Bag Pouch (Purple)
Offered by eLifeStore Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Female handbag 'junk'? Sorted!, 23 July 2014
Have to agree with others on this one. :-) I have a large (very expensive) leather tote bag which I love, but all my 'junk' was getting lost in its depths. This handy (and extremely well-priced) item has solved that problem. It's good quality and I'm now going to buy a smaller version for another favourite handbag. Would highly recommend.

laptop table Comfortable 17 + free gift. Portable Laptop PC Folding ,Portable Desk Table Bed Stand, Wooden Breakfast Tray, Laptop Table For Bed, For Lap , Adjustable Laptop Table, Folding Wooden Laptop Table, Solid Wood Foldable Notebook Laptop Table, Adjustable Angle, Folding Food Bed Lap Top Tray Table Desk

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!!!, 21 Sep 2013
I ordered this lap table because I'm an Open University disabled student and have to do some of my necessary online studying in bed.

Really, really pleased with the quality of this item. It's well made; large enough for my 17"-screen laptop and the variable tilt heights are very useful. I was scared it would be flimsy; so very pleased to say it's a nice 'solid' item but not too heavy.

As with any item ordered online (sight unseen), you keep your fingers crossed regarding quality. Don't worry. This little table is superb and even my woodwork/carpentry-purist hubby says it's good. Therefore, I think it's great value for money too.

Would definitely recommend it. :-)

Eyelevel Alex 2 Oversized Women's Sunglasses Brown One Size
Eyelevel Alex 2 Oversized Women's Sunglasses Brown One Size

5.0 out of 5 stars These are really good for the price!, 19 July 2013
The brown lens tint is lovely on a bright day. It doesn't darken the outside world too much so still gives you good visibility. They are also a great fit and look stylish. No complaints from me.

HP Photosmart 7520 e-All-in-One Printer
HP Photosmart 7520 e-All-in-One Printer
Offered by LMD ONLINE

4.0 out of 5 stars After 6 years of heavy use my other All-in-One finally 'died', 13 May 2013
I work from home and I study with the OU therefore my printer is an integral and vital part of my home 'office'.
When my trusty old HP Photosmart C6280 All-in-One gasped its last breath a week ago I decided to buy a new one because the cost of repair would have been more than buying a new machine. I did my research and decided on this one. Although it's not been put through its paces yet in terms of workload, it seems to produce good quality print documents and although a 'Which' review was a bit iffy about the photo print quality, I think it's fine. I will be monitoring the print cartridge usage/cost because some reviews have said this machine is a bit 'thirsty' but time will tell.

Regarding the set up: a word or warning if you're setting it up on a wireless network. Note: you'll have to because this machine doesn't come with a USB cable. Make sure you've got all your Router details written down and in front of you as well as all the passwords you use to connect other devices to your Router. I didn't and had to go back to basics a couple of times to get it to work. Also, don't be put off by the multiple times HP ask you to 'create and account' when you're adding devices to the network. It's really annoying when you've already done it on the main computer to register the product.

Overall, it's a good looking bit of kit and the touch screen is a joy to use. It's a little bit noisy but that's a minor irritation. Just hope this new machine performs and lasts as long as the 'dear departed' C6280.

Lastly a word of praise for the courier - DPD - they were superb. On time and courteous.

The Maltese Tenor
The Maltese Tenor

4.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful collection. BUT oh dear - the 'sleeve notes' are terrible, 10 May 2013
This review is from: The Maltese Tenor (Audio CD)
And here I'm showing my age. As opposed to vinyl, CDs are wonderful for their clarity of sound and robustness. I can download them and take my favourite music everywhere.
However, when I buy music I want decent descriptions of the tracks, the conductor and orchestra as used to be the case with vinyl. This CD is wonderful in quality and content but the 'sleeve notes' are lamentable in information about the performers.

Timex Sport Ironman Fullsize Multi-function Triathlon 30 Lap - T5E931
Timex Sport Ironman Fullsize Multi-function Triathlon 30 Lap - T5E931

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch but a nightmare to set up, 26 April 2013
I have a lovely ladies chronograph watch which is unsuitable for wearing to the gym so I bought this. The price was right and the name 'Timex' gave me confidence in its build quality.

However, it took me an age to set it up. The instructions are worse than useless. I finally got it sorted by sheer commonsense and not using the 'step by step' printed instructions but it took dozens of attempts to do so.

Would recommend to a friend but with a 'you must have unlimited patience' health warning.

Glamorise 1006 Women's Sports Bra  - BLACK, 42D
Glamorise 1006 Women's Sports Bra - BLACK, 42D

4.0 out of 5 stars Would have been 5 stars ... but, 24 April 2013
Only 4 stars because the back fasteners are tiny and a bit fiddly for someone like me with hand-eye dexterity problems.
However, it's a lovely comfortable and fully supportive bra. Will be buying another soon.

JVL Round Fabric Laundry Bag, Green
JVL Round Fabric Laundry Bag, Green
Offered by premier-stock88

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes my life so much easier, 24 April 2013
Because I'm disabled, its light weight and long carrying handles make it very easy to move from the bathroom to the kitchen.
And it collapses when empty so doesn't take up space.
The old Ali Baba basket has now been sent to the tip!
Would definitely recommend.

Luisant 9ct Yellow Gold Band Ring Size V
Luisant 9ct Yellow Gold Band Ring Size V

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!, 9 Feb 2013
This ring is a replacement for my old wedding ring which no longer fitted and had got 'thin' over the years. Certainly didn't expect the weight and quality for the price. It's superb and such a lovely design. Well done Amazon for sourcing such a good product at such a good price.

Michael Kors Women's Quartz Watch Ritz Chronograph MK5676 with Metal Strap
Michael Kors Women's Quartz Watch Ritz Chronograph MK5676 with Metal Strap
Offered by Everluxe

4.0 out of 5 stars Would have been 5 stars ... but, 9 Jan 2013
Having researched and saved up for the right lady's chronograph, I am delighted with this purchase. I opted for the model without the extra stones around the face because this is my day-to-day-wear watch and I didn't want the extra 'bling'. It's a weighty piece and for someone like me with dexterity problems (I can't do straps with holes) putting it on and taking it off is very easy.

It would have been 5 stars if it hadn't been so fiddly to set the functions. And it wasn't me trying to do it: my able-bodied husband swore over it for quite a while. Also the tiny instruction manual with its tiny script is a joke. We had to utilise my illuminated craft magnifying glass to read it!!!

Page: 1 | 2