Profile for MEG > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
2 x Colloidal Silver 25ppm - 500ml (Includes 1st Class P&P!) [2 For 1 Deal]
2 x Colloidal Silver 25ppm - 500ml (Includes 1st Class P&P!) [2 For 1 Deal]
Offered by Pro Colloidal Silver

4.0 out of 5 stars this has proved to be an excellent purchase. The product does work but does have ..., 25 July 2014
This item was purchased for use on the stains on fur of a bichon fries . The solution helps to remove the staining caused by over moist eyes running into the fur . Given the cost of the same product , advertised in the Pet Section , , the fact that the volume supplied is tiny , this has proved to be an excellent purchase . The product does work but does have to be used on a vey regular basis . I cannot understand why it costs SO much in the Pet section and what is asked for is simply a disgrace . The volume supplied means that you have to be constantly re ordering .. and paying through the nose.

Forefront Cases® Case Cover For Kindle 4, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi, Black - Black Leather Case Cover Wallet Specially For Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi, Black - Sept 2012 Release + SCREEN PROTECTOR
Offered by Forefront Cases

4.0 out of 5 stars The case is light weight and felt a little like '' plastic'' leather, 25 July 2014
The case is light weight and felt a little like '' plastic'' leather. This said , the kindle fitted neatly and with no bother. I particularly like the retaining tab which keeps the covers closed and tucks behind the unit. The tab is magnetic which also helps I would have preferred it if I could have inserted the kindle into the cover and clicked it into place as the last cover I had.... before I misplaced it..
Instead the kindle is slotted into place and the outer margins of the cover keep it secure . It does what it says on the tin and it fits into my handbag without taking up too much room So , all in all , not a bad buy

Geuther Stern Swinging Horse (Natural)
Geuther Stern Swinging Horse (Natural)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous piece of Vintage nursery toy, 3 May 2014
Bought for my 1year old grandson ... initially with adult support and later on for his own enjoyment.
I had the horse despatched and the feed back is that it was easy to assemble. It is a goodly piece of nursery furniture and the tail and mane is very tactile . My grandson , when placed into seat , has a cushion popped down between his front and the down slope of the horse's neck . He seems to enjoy the swinging movement back and forth and his 3 year old sister also makes use of it .

My daughter tells me that the horse will indeed outlast the children and they have had such fun on it. Well made , totally wooden and a truly fabulous item ..... something like this will never replace the instant and disposable plastic toys we all have become so familiar with in the current age. So very nice to see good workmanship , well thought out design and a fine finish in the product.
Delighted that my grandchildren are happy with it too

The Olivia Collection Sterling Silver Fine Heart Link Bracelet
The Olivia Collection Sterling Silver Fine Heart Link Bracelet
Offered by eurosparkle

2.0 out of 5 stars Silver heart bracelet, 12 Mar 2014
Sorry , didn't like this at all. Too flimsy , some might call it delicate , but it was very thin . It was so flimsy that the hearts ha no weight to allow it to lie flush on the wrist. I know that the hearts were alternately placed one towards forearm and the next on facing down towards the wrist , however all it did was coggle and stick out at all the wrong places. Sent it back . Very disappointed

Girls Watch (G162 v) - Girls Interchangeable Diamonte Watch Set - Diamonte Girls Watch Set with Gift Tag
Offered by Tim Garner

4.0 out of 5 stars Girls' watch G162 v Interchangeable Diamonte Set, 26 Feb 2014
Bought for an upcoming 8th birthday of friend's daughter . Watch compactly packaged in a pink box and items therein set out attractively . I was pleased with the quality of the straps and the stones in the bezels appear to be fairly deep set .
The watch is the perfect size for a youngster's wrist and not overly large .
All in all , I am very pleased with the set which is well pitched for the 8 to 12 year old girly age group.
I know the little girl it is meant for will be delighted. I bought a similar set for her older sister of 9years and whose birthday has just passed . The little girl was heard to say to her sister , ''I hope someone will buy me that for my birthday'' so I believe I've got it just right.
Good buy and the right pri

Jo For Girls Sterling Silver Initial L Pendant
Jo For Girls Sterling Silver Initial L Pendant

4.0 out of 5 stars Jo for Girls Silver Inital L pendant ., 21 Feb 2014
Bought for 8 year old girl who has just started to become interested in jewellery . Up to this point , she has wanted blingy type baubles which are better suited for dress up boxes.
I decided to start her off with little pieces of silver jewellery , as presents for her birthday , and which she could wear if going out '' somewhere nice''.
The pendants from Jo are always the right length and size and not too grown up . They suit the age group chosen.
Although this particular pendant and initial are a little plain , the chain ad initial are fairly fine without being flimsy.
Quiet and understated , perhaps , but less is more and the result is fetching rather than overpowering

The little girl it was bought for loved it and her sisters now would like their own special letter towear

Klaritta Bridal White Pearl Silver Butterflies Jewellery Set Earrings Studs Necklace S207
Offered by Klaritta

3.0 out of 5 stars Bridal pearl set, 11 Feb 2014
The butterflies are rather large on both the earrings and on necklace. A bit more '' theatrical'' than quietly tasteful but I dare say , if it's for a wedding ,or, black tie dinner dance , then the size is more suitable.
The chain for the necklace was a bit heavy and the links were rounded. I changed the chain for a finer , thinner one I had already and that made quite a difference to the balance between the pendant and the necklace.
For the money , the set wasn't too bad just a little on the clunky chunky side but did what it was needed for .
The crystals were smallish but did glint if head titled in the right way .

Rotary Women's Quartz Watch with Mother of Pearl Dial Analogue Display and Two Tone Stainless Steel Bracelet LB02623/41

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it but had to send back.... BEWARE REFUND POLICY, 31 Jan 2014
I bought this watch , having read all other reviews , and I was very pleased with it . Unfortunately , the face size and strap length were way too big for my wrist , which measures 6 inches and I , sadly , had to send it back . Even if the strap had been altered , the balance of where the catch was , would have unbalanced the fixture.

I contacted the Help desk as the suggestions to Return did not fit my circumstances. I live on island and couldn't travel to the mainland to drop off at a Collection point and I didn't want to use Yodel
I was told to put a copy of all paperwork with bar codes into the package and then place the bar coded information and address labels on the outside of the box and post it on. Once I had done so , I was asked to advise Amazon of the cost of Postage and I would receive a refund All well and good and I did just that , receiving confirmation that the refund had been made for postage only.

I was checking my E mails later and came across an advice regarding the Refund of the cost of the watch.
When I read it , I found that I was NOT being refunded the £64.00p I had paid BUT WAS being refunded £54.99pence .
The break down od refund told me that the cost of TAX and the refund of postal was being retained , which meant that I was down £9.01pence .

I contacted Help desk again and was informed that , even though I had returned the watch within given time , I was liable to the other charges and those charges were then taken from the total cost.

I explained that I had received a refund for postal [ £ 3.00P] already and that , if I bought an item and returned it , then I would not expect to be penalised by having to pay Taxes on something I had returned.

I used the example of buying an item from a High Street store and returning it . I would certainly not expect to receive any less than the fullest price and certainly would not expect to have to have that amount reduced because of other costs.

After some considerable time , I managed to have the £9.01 pence refunded and added to the £54.99 pence to give a full refund.

I again checked my mal to find that I had been granted the refund as a Courtesy payment , as if this was being done as a favour ... one of those favours you get with the suggestion that it was a one off and the ethos wasn't really agreed with .

It may well have been one of the stock replies , per forma ,but it did make me bristle a bit as I do think this particular policy is wrong
So , Amazonites out there , double check the REFUND policies , and any E mails showing a refund as what you think you might get might well may turn out to be something completely different to how Amazon sees it.

Skagen Gents Titanium Watch - 233XLTTM
Skagen Gents Titanium Watch - 233XLTTM

5.0 out of 5 stars Masculine watch with touch of sophistication, 15 Jan 2014
I bought a Skagen watch , not too dissimilar, 3 years ago from a High Street jeweller. My partner wore said watch continuously , however two or three strands of the wire plaited bracelet began to rise proud of the bracelet. Obviously this could scratch or cut skin so the watch was grounded till such times as I can return to the jeweller to ask if it could be mended.
I put the damage down to the fact that the watch was well and truly battered about about in the kayak and the boat.
Come Christmas time I saw the Titanium watch , as featured , and the price was fabulous , in comparison to what I paid previously.
My partner is lost without a watch and decided to take the chance and buy it.
I am delighted , as is he , with this watch. It is very thin and sits very comfortably on the wrist [ I quote ]
The face is quite large , however the fact that the face is of a grey to suit the bracelet , it is not obvious ly huge.
The date is easy to read as are the numeric figures .
The watch is very masculine and it looks more expensive than it is.
One delighted partner and one who has been warned to treat it as a gentleman and not as a navvy when out on the briny

Kings Cutlery Set 12 Table Knives, 12 Table Forks, 12 Desert Spoon Cutlery Dining Set Canteen
Offered by Bar Equipment Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Money well spent, 9 Jan 2014
Ordered the forks, knives, soup and dessert spoons which arrived this morning. The delivery , due to the weather, was a little late and I contacted the seller. I cannot praise him enough for his courtesy and concern and the reassurance that , should the items not appear , he could be contacted to deal with same. Well done , Carl.
The size of the pieces are large and remind of the cutlery my Granny used when cutler was almost industrial in size and weight.
Each piece was separately enclosed in a plastic sleeve to stop surface damage and each set was housed in a cardboard box.
Albeit the set would not pass for the best silver, all in all it is an handsome collection and a nice change from modern styles of thin short handled and unbalanced cutlery . I am going to order the dessert forks and knives to finish the set.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9