Profile for Mrs. G. Hobbs > Reviews

Rediscovered Treasures: A New Life for Old Objects
by Ellen Dyrop
Price: 9.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, lovely lovely, 2 Nov 2013
I have many many of this vintage style. This is just lovely. lots of fresh ideas that although are easy to achieve are gorgeous looking and not the same old stuff

Brother L14
Brother L14
Offered by GUR Sewing Machines
Price: 89.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Very basic, 2 Nov 2013
This review is from: Brother L14
I brought this for my 20 something daughter to learn on.
Had problems with tension control .
Really wish had spent that bit more to get a better machine.
I sew a lot and whilst I know my own machine was very high end this machine is not brilliant for a beginner.

My advice is spend more on one with automatic tension at least and that feels more robust. Makes it easier for a beginner rather than harder!!

Redwork Winter Twitterings
Redwork Winter Twitterings
by Pearl Louise Krush

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely, 28 Nov 2012
Not an avid hand sewer but this is a lovely booklet. Clear instructions, nice pictures and patterns. Not a massive book and some patterns a little repetitive but overall very nice

The Aurora Teagarden Mysteries: Omnibus 1: Real Murders, A Bone to Pick, Three Bedrooms One Corpse, The Julius House (AURORA TEAGARDEN MYSTERY)
by Charlaine Harris
Price: 13.88

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, 16 May 2012
Great writing as usual from Ms Harris.

Easy to read, similar vain really to Sookie Books but without the supernatural edge.
If you enjoy the sookie series am pretty sure you'll enjoy these. Not a 'can't put it down' book but great for some light entertainment and thoroughly enjoyable.

Lambert's Railway Miscellany
Lambert's Railway Miscellany
by Anthony J. Lambert
Price: 12.32

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 6 May 2012
Brought this for Christmas for my husband so no idea at the time if any good.

He absolutely loves it, has great snippets (apparently!) that he didn't know and he has lots of Railway books.

Good present idea ladies

Stitch with Love: 11 Simple Stitches and Over 20 Easy-to-Sew Projects
Stitch with Love: 11 Simple Stitches and Over 20 Easy-to-Sew Projects
by Mandy Shaw
Price: 10.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 6 May 2012
After seeing this book on a TV show I brought from Amazon (cheaper by far!!). Was thrilled with the content, beautiful photos and fabulous projects.

I recommend this highly for all levels. Great instructions for beginners and stunning projects for all, brings a new slant on projects and have brought all this authors books now on the strength of this one. Can't wait for them to come.

5-HTP 100mg. 90 Capsules (Healthlab) 99% Pure.
5-HTP 100mg. 90 Capsules (Healthlab) 99% Pure.
Offered by Health lab
Price: 10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars REALLY WORKS!!, 13 Mar 2012
I was some what sceptical to whether these would work but thought for the price would give a try.
I only take one a day and they are brilliant. I certainly wasn't depressed but did need a bit of a mood lift, lots of problems to deal with and I felt overwhelmed and unable to cope.
Now I get up in the morning and deal with whatever the day throws at me, feel more energetic due to mood lift and have achieved loads.
I have had no negative effects at all, can't say they have suppressed my hunger nor made me sleep better but for me that was not why I took them.
Give them a try!!

Betcha' Bottom Dollar
Betcha' Bottom Dollar
Price: 7.72

2.0 out of 5 stars Not brilliant!!, 15 Feb 2012
This review is from: Betcha' Bottom Dollar (Audio CD)
Whilst you can't fault the vocals the song choices are awful. Some songs are better not covered!! Am afraid the version of Heart of Glass (Blondie) just made me cringe along with several others tracks. Mr Sandman is lovely and better suited.
I would buy another of their albums But would check content first!!

Chic on a Shoestring: Simple to Sew Vintage-style Accessories
Chic on a Shoestring: Simple to Sew Vintage-style Accessories
by Mary Jane Baxter
Price: 11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT, 13 Jan 2012
This is a fab book, has stylish makes, great for upcycling as well as getting a great vintage look for little cost. Nice photos as well. Very good buy

Ultimate Glenn Miller
Ultimate Glenn Miller

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT, 13 Jan 2012
This review is from: Ultimate Glenn Miller (Audio CD)
Very nice album, complete with crackles which just add to the lovely nostalgia. Great tracks and a real bargain, very good buy

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4