Profile for Stan > Reviews

Quad Lock Bike Kit for iPhone 5/5S - Black/Blue
Quad Lock Bike Kit for iPhone 5/5S - Black/Blue
Price: 45.36

5.0 out of 5 stars Worthwhile buy!, 2 July 2014
Holy s**t this thing rocks! The mechanism is simple but effective, and I've tested this on my zero suspension bike on the bumpiest stretch of road (my hands are still numb from the vibrations) and at no point was I remotely worried about my phone falling off.

The case offers better protection than my old one, the increased profile doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would.

The holder on the bike was easy to install. My only worry is someone stealing it since it's held by two rubber bands (strong though they are) which someone could in theory remove. There're the cable ties I could opt for as well.

Still it's comforting to know I could just reorder the holder if I do lose it.

The rain proof cover is a very nice touch. Phone can still be used through it (with slight reduced sensitivity). The silent toggle button is however inaccessible.

Great purchase.

Tripod Mount Holder Stand for Mobile Cell Phone Camera
Tripod Mount Holder Stand for Mobile Cell Phone Camera
Offered by Mestall (Ship from HongKong)
Price: 2.64

4.0 out of 5 stars Get what you pay for, 26 Jun 2014
I bought this primarily for the holder rather than the stand. Works great for my iPhone 5s with another mini tripod I've got.

Trevi 3315 - Original Retro Sixty Oversized 32.3cm Wall Clock with Silent Movement - Black
Offered by Renshaw House
Price: 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Quiet for my guests, 26 Jun 2014
Bought this to replace the loud ticking clock in our living room, after guests kept taking out our batteries!

Smooth action, quiet, clear, just what I wanted.

Blaupunkt 112 Comfort Noise Cancelling Headphones (discontinued by manufacturer)
Offered by You Want GPS
Price: 94.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent enough, 26 Jun 2014
I didn't exactly buy these for plane journeys, but figured I'd give them a go at half price. It's a decent enough quality, but I expected more for the RRP, perhaps they'll sound better on an amp, but at least they don't boost the bass like "some" headphones to distort the quality.

Have worn these for long sessions, and they do eventually put strain on the back of my ears after 30 minutes, but this could just be head shape thing. I have a relatively small head though...

Cloudseller NEW iPhone 5/5S/5C CHARGER LEAD HIGH QUALITY USB DATA CABLE- 8 Pin - APPLE IPHONE 5/5S/5C, IPOD TOUCH 5 NANO 7 IPAD MINI
Offered by cloudseller
Price: 3.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Temperamental, 26 Jun 2014
Bought these to replace my lost cable. It failed to work most of the times when trying to connect to the PC, and sometimes it fails to work during charging as well.

BPS High Power Canon LP-E8 LPE8 Battery 2500mAh Pack for Canon EOS 550D Canon EOS 600D 650D 700D Canon Digital Rebel T2i Canon EOS Kiss X4 BG E8 Grip BG-E8 (Pack of 2)
Offered by bpsltduk
Price: 14.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I wanted, 26 Jun 2014
Bought these as backups for my climbing videos on youtube, not ever run out during any of my sessions yet.

Lavolta DJ Laptop Stand Table Desk Tray for DJ Mixer Controller Turntable Amplifier Karaoke Machine CD MP3 MIDI Player- 2x Cooler Fans - Adjustable-Angle Legs - Black
Offered by Smart Parts UK, Digital Lifestyle Retailer
Price: 29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fantastic, 26 Jun 2014
Great build quality but light as feathers. The mechanism can be fiddly but it's sturdy as once locked in place.

I primarily used this on my desk but have used it in bed numerous times but had to stop due to infinite comfort level.

ButterFox Car Charger with Integrated 3in1 Lightning, Micro USB and iPhone 4 Charging Cable - 4FT

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply works, 26 Jun 2014
Bought this for the office, and often end up sharing it with the colleagues.

Did notice on train trip that when the girlfriend uses her phone on the micro usb port, that my iPhone stops charging on the lightning port so I'd have to replug.

Duronic HDS3 Mini 3 Port Gold HDMI Auto Switch PIANO BLACK 3x1 (3 way input 1 output HDMI Switcher)
Offered by DURONIC
Price: 49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Just works, 26 Jun 2014
We bought this for the Chromecast and PS3 in the house. Chromecast signal goes through when the PS3 is off, turn on the PS3 and we're all games.

Can still switch between the two channels with a press of a button.

The only thing to look out for is the bright blue led - you may want to tape it if you're a movie snob about light distractions.

Lowepro Nova 140 AW All Weather Shoulder Bag for Digital SLR - Black
Lowepro Nova 140 AW All Weather Shoulder Bag for Digital SLR - Black
Price: 28.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bag, 26 Jun 2014
I went for this smaller size bag for my basic kit, and it manages to hold my 600D, 50mm 1.4 and 17-85mm USM with a tiny bit of fiddling. I also manage to carry my circular polarizer, extra battery packs and the girlfriend's stuff in the extra compartments happily.

Not tested the waterproof jacket but a very nice feature!

Page: 1 | 2