Profile for Stan > Reviews

Stan "Stan" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
SanDisk SDCZ36-032G-FFP Cruzer USB 32 GB RB
SanDisk SDCZ36-032G-FFP Cruzer USB 32 GB RB

4.0 out of 5 stars Suitable for transferring cat videos to the in laws, 22 Feb. 2015
Bought this when it was on offer, had some footage of the in law's cat trying to paw at the birds on TV. In laws don't have memory card readers so this came in handy.

CSL - 15m - CAT.6 Ethernet Gigabit Lan network cable (RJ45) | 10/100/1000Mbit/s | Patch cable | UTP | compatible with CAT.5 / CAT.5e / CAT.7 | Switch/Router/Modem/Patch panel / Access Point / patch fields | black
Offered by CSL-Computer

5.0 out of 5 stars No more buffering of cat videos, 21 Feb. 2015
Our house is not particularly wifi friendly, so after much frustration with the wifi signal dropping in my room, I did some maths and decided this cable would be exactly the right length for me.

Turns out my Maths was right and I can now stream cat videos without interruptions. Later bought one for housemate as well but he watches weird videos of people making funny sounds which helps him sleep.

WD - 2TB Desktop SATA Hard Drive - OEM - Green
WD - 2TB Desktop SATA Hard Drive - OEM - Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Can potentially surveil gf's cat for 36 days, 21 Feb. 2015
Maybe early days yet to judge this guy as I've only had it for two months but it's performing as one would expect.

Using an online calculator I've worked out I can record my gf's cat for 36 days straight onto this one hard drive, but I've only got about 4 minute's worth so far.

Smatree® Replacement battery (2-Pack) and 3-Channel charger + USB Cord for Gopro Hero 4 Camera Camcorder
Offered by Kumu-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Kitty cam almost at the ready, 21 Feb. 2015
My gf's cat has better battery life than the stock GoPro battery, and she sleeps for 22 hours a day. The batteries are definitely doing better than the stock one, and the charger is a very nice touch.

Waiting to setup a kitty collar cam so I can see what gf's cat sees for those 2 hours she's awake.

Sony KDL40R483 40-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p Television with Freeview - Black (discontinued by manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars Glorious HD Cat Videos in the Living Room, 21 Feb. 2015
Bought this when I organised a Godfather marathon before realising housemate's bf's taken his TV back, Amazon to the rescue of course.

The marathon hasn't happened yet as of the time of this review, but I've watched many 1080p YouTube cat videos on it via Chromecast.

The lack of Smart TV features helped drive the price down it seems without compromising picture quality. In fact after hearing about unsolicited adverts on the Samsung Smart TVs, I feel a little better knowing my TV can't do any of that.

1 star off because the menus and settings are a bit limited.

TaoTronics® Elune Desk Lamp (Detachable Head Torch, 3 Level Dimmable Touch Sensitive Button 5V/0.5A USB Charging Port) - Marble White
Offered by Sunvalleytek-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful to see if cat is under the bed, 21 Feb. 2015
I was browsing for LED lights and came across TaoTronics' offerings. Settled on this bad boy because of the detachable head.

Neighbour's cat sometimes comes into my room (invited), and hide under my bed after my housemate yells incoherent noises at him.

Would have come in handy that time when I spent 3 hours trying to coax him back out, little s*** fell asleep for two of those hours.

Silentnight Hollowfibre duvet 13.5 Tog Duvet, King
Silentnight Hollowfibre duvet 13.5 Tog Duvet, King

4.0 out of 5 stars Slept like a cat, 21 Feb. 2015
Gf has a tendency of taking most of the duvet and still complains of not having enough, so I upgraded from double to king size to shut her up.

Finally slept like a cat, except when woken by snoring.

Neet® FLX - Mini HDMI to HDMI Cable - (1.5m) - 1080p Full HD - v1.4 - Type C (mini 19 pin) to Type A (std 19 pin) - Professional HDMI Lead
Offered by Neet Cables

4.0 out of 5 stars Can watch cat videos in full HD, 21 Feb. 2015
Didn't do my research on the video card slots on my new PC vs new monitor (which doesn't have DVI), so I needed this little guy to hook the two things up.

Not much to compare it to, but HD cat videos look great through this cable.

4 star because the plug housing is very longer which means I can't push my PC as far back.

Asus DVD-RW Bulk Drive (DRW-24F1ST, S-ATA, DVDR: 24x, CD-R: 48x, E-Green, Disc Encryption II)
Offered by NORDPC

4.0 out of 5 stars Helped me watch cat videos., 21 Feb. 2015
So before Christmas I became the proud owner of a new PC which I built from parts. Slight error on my part that I didn't realise my old DVD drives were all IDE and my new motherboard wouldn't support it.

Anxious that I wouldn't be able to install my OS, I looked on Amazon on my iPad and found this guy.

Windows installed without a hitch, first thing I did was to get back onto YouTube and watch some cat videos - much cuter on my 24" monitor than on my iPad.

Sabichi Solid Shower Curtain, White
Sabichi Solid Shower Curtain, White
Offered by san direct

4.0 out of 5 stars Keeps out the neighbour's voyeuristic cat, 21 Feb. 2015
The old shower curtain's gone all mouldy so we needed something to keep our modesty from the neighbour's cat (whose name is Giraffe, yeah we don't understand either), works like a charm.

Too soon to tell if it'll go mouldy yet, but water seems to come off quicker than our old Home Bargain one.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4