Profile for John Saltford > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Nikon EN-EL12 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery for Coolpix
Nikon EN-EL12 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery for Coolpix

5.0 out of 5 stars Great. Works well as a backup, 7 July 2015
Excellent price and seems to be the real thing.

The Girl on the Train
The Girl on the Train

4.0 out of 5 stars Wow! That was a page turner!, 27 May 2015
You need to pay attention to the dates at the start of each chapter. The timelines come together in an exciting climax.

Walking the dog - Motorway walks for drivers and dogs
Walking the dog - Motorway walks for drivers and dogs

4.0 out of 5 stars but is nevertheless very useful. The one addition I would like would be ..., 26 May 2015
Have used this over a period of 4 years. Not every stop appeals to me, but is nevertheless very useful. The one addition I would like would be a list of motorway service areas which have reasonable grass areas for walking your dog on the lead eg Exeter and Tamworth, but not Tibshelf!

The Bone Clocks
The Bone Clocks

2.0 out of 5 stars OK if you like that thing, 9 April 2015
This review is from: The Bone Clocks (Kindle Edition)
I quite like stories with a hint of fantasy. But this had too much towards the end. It was unsubtle and in the end I didn't care to plough through the overlong ending. Perhaps I don't like the genre. Pity, because I really liked Holly for 300 pages.

The Silkworm (Cormoran Strike Book 2)
The Silkworm (Cormoran Strike Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars good plot disliked some of the details, 3 Mar. 2015
The plot and the characters are well thought out. I found it satisfying the way everything developed. The whole story developed against the bleak background of snowy weather adding to the unlikability of some of the characters. They were nevertheless interesting people about whom you wanted to know more.
The thing that slightly put me off from an enjoyment point of view was the sheer unpleasantness of the works of these literary people. The fact that I wasn't totally put off is a tribute to the overall quality of the plot and the way it was written.

Runaway
Runaway

5.0 out of 5 stars A master of place and time, 23 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Runaway (Kindle Edition)
This is easily up to Peter May's usual standard. Great characters and great sense of place. The plot is good and not unnecessarily complicated. What sets this book apart is the authentic feeling of the 60s. I was a student in London in that area, involved in the music scene. Things did feel on the edge. Just as May has taken me up to the Scottish Islands, so has he taken me back to the London of my youth and reminded me what it was like to come from the provinces. It also confirms what I have always known which is that whatever your body tells you your head tells you that you are much much younger!

Wolfybeds Luxury Wraparound Fleece Dog Bed Size Large
Wolfybeds Luxury Wraparound Fleece Dog Bed Size Large
Offered by Wolfybeds - Click here for our full range!

5.0 out of 5 stars Dogs really like them. They don't form obstacles in the bedroom ..., 19 Nov. 2014
We now have two of these. Dogs really like them. They don't form obstacles in the bedroom and you don't hurt your feet when you stumble on them in the middle of the night! Being floppy they pack easily into the car when going on holiday.

Acme 211.5 Dog Whistle - Red with lanyard
Acme 211.5 Dog Whistle - Red with lanyard

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product with great lanyard, 10 April 2014
Now it is up to the dog to start listening!! He looks up, says, 'Ah there you are, but I'm busy!!'
Still a lot of training to do.

Life After Life
Life After Life

4.0 out of 5 stars A thoughtful page turner, 3 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Life After Life (Kindle Edition)
Well written as usual. This book reminds us that are lives are not preordained but the result of random events. If the lights hadn't failed I would have caught the train which ..............

Nishikoi Flake Pond Fish Food - 1320g
Nishikoi Flake Pond Fish Food - 1320g

5.0 out of 5 stars The fish loved this food, 11 Feb. 2014
We love this food. We rush up to the surface and gobble it up before it sinks. It stays on the surface for some time and then sinks so that the shy ones get a feed too. Please buy more!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4