Profile for KA > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
In Your Prime: Older, Wiser, Happier
In Your Prime: Older, Wiser, Happier

1.0 out of 5 stars A dire read. Sorry, 28 Oct. 2014
I had really high hopes for this book as I am such a massive fan of IK, but before I have even got to page 100, I have all but given up. I can't quite put my finger on it, but the more I read, the less I like it. Was so banking on gifting this as Christmas presents, but I don't think recipients would ever speak to me again.
Sorry, India :-(

Breville VKJ271 Polished Colour Select Jug Kettle
Breville VKJ271 Polished Colour Select Jug Kettle

1.0 out of 5 stars worse than unreliable...., 12 Jan. 2011
Between myself and my sister we have now had 3 of these kettles. The first stopped boiling, though it still lit up (and no, I had never boiled it dry), the second did exactly the same and the third one boils fine, but then beeps incessantly.

I had to initially get an exchange at Tesco, but they would not refund the second one and have now opted for a more basic model of kettle. As my sister said, hers will be replaced with a £5 job from Asda - at least it will work!!

Having looked through the web for other reviews I notice that the 'stops boiling' thing is not an isolated case either.

Truly the worst kettle I have come across and not even cheap either...

Food From Plenty: Good food made from the plentiful, the seasonal and the leftover.  With over 300 recipes, none of them extravagant
Food From Plenty: Good food made from the plentiful, the seasonal and the leftover. With over 300 recipes, none of them extravagant
by Diana Henry

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute joy!!!!, 5 Nov. 2010
This has to be one of the best books I have seen in a long time. Unlike some of the higher profile glam cookery writers ( yes, that's YOU, Ms Lawson!!), I do feel that what you get with Di, is the real thing. Her writing is ( as ever), beautiful and the recipes look fantastic; don't know where to start cooking from.

ang x

Delia's Happy Christmas
Delia's Happy Christmas
by Delia Smith

4.0 out of 5 stars Fab!, 27 Oct. 2009
Loving this book! - a modern update on the original with new recipes mixed in with some more familiar ones. I particularly like the freezing section - can't wait to get busy in the kitchen.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars It works great and fab for carpet stains, 9 Oct. 2009
I bought this for my kitchen lino floor over a year ago. I had read the mixed reviews, so bought mine from Costco as a precaution (they are good about returns), but I had to buy additional cloths from here. I really liked it, but haven't used it for a long time as I then laid Karndean in my Kitchen/sunroom. Well, after googling today, I am going to start using it again. I retrieved it from the back of the cupboard yesterday as my lovely toddler drew on the lounge carpet with lipstick. Having used neat fairy, I then took a vanish stick, rubbed it along the mark and then just held the mop over the stain - it has now gone. Unfortunately, we had a ribena incident again today, so I have now used it again. I had forgotten how good it is for 'spot' stains. Don't use the glider bit - just sit it on top of the stain for a bit.

I do wish it had alonger lead, but apart from that - I love it!!

The Perfect Housewife Series 2 Including Christmas Special [2007] [DVD]
The Perfect Housewife Series 2 Including Christmas Special [2007] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Anthea Turner

4.0 out of 5 stars Motivating, 8 Sept. 2009
Despite the fact I am not a fan of this woman, I would have to relent and admit that I did feel like being a bit more organised round the house after watching this!!!

Super Deluxe Four Person Picnic Backpack in Forest Green
Super Deluxe Four Person Picnic Backpack in Forest Green

3.0 out of 5 stars quite heavy (and that's when it's empty!!), 8 Sept. 2009
A great looking bag, but I wish I had paid more attention to the weight - even empty it is quite heavy. The flask, I had hoped, would fit into one of the two side pockets, but unfortunately it is too tall, so ends up taking valuable space in the coolbag section.

Other than that the remaining accessories seem good and there is even a fold away bag for rubbish!!

Despite the weight, I am sure it will still get lots of use.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 19, 2014 9:17 AM BST

Mukka Express Stove Top Cappuccino Maker by Bialetti.
Mukka Express Stove Top Cappuccino Maker by Bialetti.
Offered by Colanders FBA

5.0 out of 5 stars Design has canged - a gazzillion times better now!!, 8 Sept. 2009
I have just bought my second Mukka Express today. The first was a present, bought 3 years ago. I can't tell you how much I struggled with it - even employing the tips I found on this site on other reviews; marigolds, oiling the screw base. You name it, I tried it, and yet it still managed to splutter coffee all over the stove top on every second occassion.

A few weeks back, and determined to get the better of it, I re-read the reviews here and noticed someone mention that there was a new design. Well I am now now the proud and very pleased owner of my second model. the 'join' is no longer a series of metal threads to screw together, and you no longer have break into a sweat trying to close the base and top tight enough. I thought the first time that it might just have been a very successful fluke, but no, the second attempt left me with a clean sparkling stove top and no swearing was involved.

If you are thinking about getting one of these, then don't be disheartened by the older reviews. The new model works as you would expect and it really does give you a great cup of frothy coffee.

(Thankfully the new improved model looks exactly the same too - I doubt my husband will ever notice that I have changed it!!! lol)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 20, 2010 6:24 PM BST

Blinds, Curtains and Cushions: Design and Make Stylish Treatments for Your Home
Blinds, Curtains and Cushions: Design and Make Stylish Treatments for Your Home
by Catherine Merrick

5.0 out of 5 stars The book you need for blinds!!, 7 April 2008
Love this book!!. It has very clear instructions on Roman blinds, which I have felt most useful. Also, a good directory on supplies for the amateur so sourcing materials is much easier - e.g. corded track sytems. Also bought their encyclopedia but find this the most up to date and inspiring.

Peggy Porschen's Pretty Party Cakes: Sweet and Stylish Cookies and Cakes for All Occasions
by Peggy Porschen

5.0 out of 5 stars love it!, 28 April 2005
Saw this in YOU magazine, and knew I had to get it. Am really inspired by it, and spent a fortune on decorating stuff to start trying. I am new to cake decorating, and although i have had to read some directions several times, everything seems to make sense. I am a bride to be, making my own cake, and this book is very inspirational and modern.

Page: 1 | 2