Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "wanderer" (All over)

By Grace and Banners Fallen - the Prologue to A Memory of Light
By Grace and Banners Fallen - the Prologue to A Memory of Light

3.0 out of 5 stars I paid for this?, 10 Jan. 2013
Other publishers / authors give free tasters - i.e. Weber, Stirling etc. They offer as much as this prologue for which I paid. Won't be doing that again.

Midst Toil and Tribulation (Safehold)
Midst Toil and Tribulation (Safehold)
by David Weber

4.0 out of 5 stars Things seem to be moving along nicely, 10 Jan. 2013
Another decent read from David Weber even if I personally prefer the 'Honorverse' books. Unfortunately it is dragging out the story line a bit. Given I've been reading his books for 20 years I do wonder if I'll live to see the conclusion of any of the series!

Sword and Scimitar
Sword and Scimitar

3.0 out of 5 stars Not one of his better books, 10 Jan. 2013
A good subject for a historical fiction book but the plot is a bit far-fetched and unlikely IMO. Airplane fodder.

The Wolf's Gold:  Empire V
The Wolf's Gold: Empire V

4.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff, 10 Jan. 2013
IMO getting as good as Simon Scarrow's Roman series. Getting better all the time and an interesting read about areas and tiems less well covered by other authors.

Lord of Mountains (Change Novels (Roc Books))
Lord of Mountains (Change Novels (Roc Books))
by S. M. Stirling

3.0 out of 5 stars Half a book, 10 Jan. 2013
This was disappointing - it is only half a book IMO and I get the impression the next volume will be the second half. (I do believe these deals between publishers and authors for a certain number of books in the series do not necessarily benefit the readership.) I finished the book feeling somewhat shortchanged. Having read all the 'Change' books so far I'll continue but perhaps with less enthusiasm!

The Scourge of God: A Novel of the Change (Emberverse)
The Scourge of God: A Novel of the Change (Emberverse)
by S. M. Stirling
Edition: Audio CD

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable but...., 2 Jun. 2009
Having read all the Change novels I was really looking forward to this one. I enjoyed it but found that it seemed a bit slower than previous novels and possibly gave away the final storyline. HoweverI doubt that and expect a surprise twist when we finally reach the end of the tale. I look forward to the next volume.