Profile for Minerva > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
The Hollow Crown: The Wars of the Roses and the Rise of the Tudors
The Hollow Crown: The Wars of the Roses and the Rise of the Tudors

5.0 out of 5 stars with authors like Dan Jones, 16 Jan. 2015
Once upon a time history books were dry and uninspiring reading - now, with authors like Dan Jones, the subjects come alive. This is an excellent read, and if the complexities of the Wars of The Roses have you baffled - here's your answer.

Night After Night
Night After Night

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 22 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Night After Night (Kindle Edition)
Forget cooking Christmas Dinner - get yourself a copy of Night After Night and curl up on the sofa...

How To Eat Loads And Stay Slim: Your diet-free guide to losing weight without feeling hungry! (How To Do Everything And Be Happy)

5.0 out of 5 stars Baby steps to a healthier you, 12 Oct. 2014
I really appreciated this 'alternative to a diet' book. You don't have to read many diet books to see a certain pattern, but this is different - no quick fixes or silly promises, but the encouragement to make small steps to a different and sustainable way of healthy living.

The Magical World of the Anglo-Saxons
The Magical World of the Anglo-Saxons

5.0 out of 5 stars Another magical read from Tylluan Penry, 3 Oct. 2014
I'm a huge fan of Tylluan Penry's books and this is superb. She has a clear, down-to-earth style which contrasts so well with a lot of writers in this field, but still manages to inform at a scholarly level whilst also keeping you turning every page - a serious book for people interested in learning more.

New Womens Everyday Long Sleeve Button Top Ladies Chunky Aran Cable Knit Grandad Cardigan Cream Size 8 - 10
Offered by Miss Scheeky

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect top layer with lovely long sleeves., 3 Oct. 2014
We are absolutely delighted with the cardigan. My daughter wanted one that was 'a bit baggy' and thought it looked suitable, so we ordered it and how pleased we are! It fits exactly as this style is supposed to - generous, but not over-large, and best for us, it also has lovely long sleeves. Really excellent value for money.

The Alchemist's Journey: Tapping into Natural Forces for Transformation and Change

5.0 out of 5 stars A year-round companion..., 22 Aug. 2014
I suspect that this is a book that calls to you when the time is right for you to read it. I am a huge fan of Glennie Kindred's writing, and this is probably my favourite book from her. I read it through a couple of times when I first bought it, and felt a great sense of home-coming in the content. But now I use it more as a work-book for personal transformation, following the changing seasons and applying the thoughts and messages appropriate to each of the phases of the Celtic calendar. In a way this is self-development for the esoterically minded. A rich and glorious path which continues to reward.

Pilot V5 Grip Liquid Ink Rollerball 0.5 mm Tip (Pack of 3) - Black
Pilot V5 Grip Liquid Ink Rollerball 0.5 mm Tip (Pack of 3) - Black
Offered by FiveBoys Stationery Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Embrace your inner stationery nerd..., 22 Aug. 2014
I'm a bit of a stationery nerd, and for me, the Pilot V5 Grip is my ideal pen - chunky enough to feel comfortable in the hand, but writing with a consistently fine line. The writing nib is very strong and lasts extremely well. it's an excellent economic pen to have around. Our house is littered with them!

The Norman Conquest
The Norman Conquest
by Marc Morris

5.0 out of 5 stars Horrible History for grown ups..., 22 Aug. 2014
This review is from: The Norman Conquest (Paperback)
I'm just getting in to the Norman period, having worked my way backwards chronologically from the Plantagenets. I love history books that manage to convey the details without boring the pants off you, and Marc Morris has a fabulously engaging style that keeps you reading and soaking up the information, without you realising it - my kind of history book for sure.

If you enjoy this, try his book about Edward I - also an excellent read.

Japanese Anime Wigs @ MAWARU-PENGUINDRUM takakura_himari 80cm Orange Brown Long Straight + Wigs Cap + Anti-dust Plug Stopper

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality wig., 22 Aug. 2014
We weren't entirely sure what to expect when we ordered this for a costume my daughter was creating, but it was a brilliant purchase. The wig is a very good quality, much better than the ones we were able to find locally, and it came very quickly. My daughter finds it easy to style and wore it for many hours at Hyper Japan finding it very comfortable.

Aderma Exomega Emollient Balm 200ml
Aderma Exomega Emollient Balm 200ml
Offered by Zafash Pharmacy

5.0 out of 5 stars A superb moisturiser for eczema prone skin, 22 Aug. 2014
Eczema has been a huge problem for me throughout my life and so over the years I have tried countless moisturisers, spending an absolute fortune as I go along. Most products marketed as moisturisers simply aren't gooey enough for my skin, but Aderma Balm really is! I am a massive convert to Aderma because I've found it to be extremely thick and moisturising, without causing any itchy reaction. I now use it for my face and any other part of my body, and have been extremely pleased with it. The beauty of Aderma is that compared to many other products, this one will work as a facial, hand and body moisturiser, and for me that works out much cheaper. I know all eczema sufferers are different and what works for one might not for another, but for me this is a life-saver, and it's cheap enough to give it a go if you haven't tried it before.

Page: 1 | 2