Profile for Vasilios Pandis > Reviews

Perfect Alibis
Perfect Alibis
by Jane Wenham-Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars absolute classic!, 29 Nov. 2009
This review is from: Perfect Alibis (Paperback)
Read it some years ago and liked it a lot.Very clever story ,it has been translated to Greek also.After this book my wife is questioning why I keep reading 'female'books!
All I ca say is that I recommended it to friends and everybody liked it!

Sophie's Choice (Special Edition) [DVD]
Sophie's Choice (Special Edition) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Meryl Streep

4.0 out of 5 stars good, 29 Nov. 2009
I 've known this film since it came out but never watched it .I am a fan of Meryl Streep.It is relative long and slow film,slightly depressive.Good performances overall.The dvd edition is also good.I did like it but as I said I just had to watch it after so many years.
Recommended for any collection.

The Bridges Of Madison County [1995] [DVD]
The Bridges Of Madison County [1995] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Clint Eastwood

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent!, 29 Nov. 2009
I had seen this film some years ago and liked it a lot.Not quite a Hollywood extarvaganza but for us Europeans a familiar kind of story.(talking about relationships and things that happen in life and no guns or car chasing each other).Great story and acting.DVD quality was good ,I was not expecting something more.Surely I'll watch it again sometime.

Paediatric Musculoskeletal Disease: With an Emphasis on Ultrasound (Medical Radiology)
by David J. Wilson

4.0 out of 5 stars as expected, 17 Oct. 2009
Having already worked at the Hospital Dr Wilson is and attended his famous musculo-sceletal ultrasound course,this book came as a natural progression.Dealing with the subject myself,I must confess I have not read the book as such but I have it next to me to check various things when in need.It has a comprehensive text and very nice pictures (from good ultrasound scanners) and it is quite easy to show them to the patients or the parents.The problem with such books lies with the fact that ultrasound machines get better and better and so does the quality of the pictures and information you can get.It used to be a few years ago that by the time such book was published a lot of images were already outdated.This is a relatively recent book and since the quality is now pretty standard it will be a good addition for the specialist.I am sure they will publish more books in the future (about musculosceletal imaging ,ct scan/MRI/ultrasound).

Ballykissangel Series 1-3 Box Set [DVD]
Ballykissangel Series 1-3 Box Set [DVD]
Dvd ~ Dervla Kirwan
Offered by panamacanal

3.0 out of 5 stars long missed, 17 Oct. 2009
I watched the first series when it came out in the (0's ,then I moved so missed the rest.I liked it I must say, the story line declined towards the end and the last episode was dramatic but not convincing enough and the end was abrupt.The impression given was that they were in a rush to finish it.
Nice series,I will be definitely buying the next one at some point (though my favorite couple will not be there)!

David Bowie: A Reality Tour [DVD] [2008]
David Bowie: A Reality Tour [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ David Bowie

3.0 out of 5 stars Classic Bowie, 17 Oct. 2009
Quite a good DVD with good sound and decent song selection.The band is very good and Bowie is in quite good form.I am not sure about the filming,the lighting and the way the cameras were used.Perhaps I am getting old.Knowing DB since the 70's I never have a chance to see him live.Old films and videos are now quite amateurish and I always like these new DVDs qualitywise especially if the songs and music are well executed.I liked it.Also the girl bass player has a nice voice too (underpressure)!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 29, 2009 3:42 AM GMT