Profile for ortonauta > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Gerber Downrange Tomahawk.
Gerber Downrange Tomahawk.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice but VERY dull!, 13 Aug. 2014
This is my first tomahawk ever, I'm an avid knife collector though. This is Gerber's top quality material and feels very nice in your hands. not heavy at all, actually it feels very light, since it its my first tomahawk I don't know for sure if this is good or bad when it comes to usage as a demolition tool. It came dull as a butter knife, literally, I don't know if it is supposed to be like this, but first thing I did was to file down the edge and the sharpen to a decent cutting level with a sharpening tool. So if you buy this make sure you know how to do it or know somebody that can help you. Overall, very nice product despite the high price tag.

Condor Outdoor Mission Backpack - Black - One Size
Condor Outdoor Mission Backpack - Black - One Size
Offered by Military 1st

3.0 out of 5 stars Not top quality product., 13 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Condor Outdoor Mission Backpack
I bought this from ebay instead because via amazon they did not deliver to my country. I bought it from the same company stated on amazon.uk. I was expecting better materials and craftsmanship for this price. Materials feel rough and poorly finished, as for the quality of the zippers, they feel somehow cheap and not as durable as other packs at this price range. Other than this, it has all the pockets that you might need as described, and the size is adequate for daily commutes to work to a weekend trip with minimal clothes requirements. This is my first Condor product so I have no point of view regarding the brand. I think for the money you can buy better quality materials.

Nite Ize Otterbox 2000 Series Waterproof Box - Black
Nite Ize Otterbox 2000 Series Waterproof Box - Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced, small pieces tend to break/fall off., 4 Aug. 2013
So I always read about the toughness of the Otterbox products and finally decided to spend the money to protect my phone and some valuables now that is camping season. I ordered this in Yellow so I can see it better and don't lose it, they sent it transparent, but I was ok with it, was not worth the hassle if the product is good, plus you can see what is inside. Shipping was a little expensive. A couple of days later while shopping some miscellaneous camping products in a local and generic (nation wide chain of all you can think off in Sweden) I find the same design and feel plus a better land yard, plus a thin layer of some type of foam on one side which was bright orange and the cover transparent, plus some foam piece already pre-cut in squares so you can decide the shape of the inside. I found it in the fishing section. The shock: 1/3 of the price, same quality. Two big differences: A much better land yard and only one big "clip" to close the box that does not come out, not like the Otterbox that have two and they come out rather easily if you slide them, so eventually they can fall off your hand and lose them in the woods or water. The land yard piece of plastic of the Otterbox is already broken partially, only by hanging it on a hook in my camper. In conclusion I regret expending so much money for a rather cheap poorly designed product. You can find same or better for much less. Now I have two, and I use the "cheap" one which is the better one.

Abus Universal Helmet Cover - Yellow, One Size
Abus Universal Helmet Cover - Yellow, One Size

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits perfect, 29 May 2013
In all my helmets, even my daughters who is 2 years old. It's bright and takes virtually no space on your bag or pocket. Recommended.

M-Wave Amsterdam Protect Rain Cover - Black
M-Wave Amsterdam Protect Rain Cover - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 29 May 2013
Does not fit perfect my panniers, but it works well, you can fold it very compact so it does not take space. Good value.

Jabra SPORT Corded Stereo Headphones - Black
Jabra SPORT Corded Stereo Headphones - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Not so stable on the ears, 29 May 2013
Although you can mold them, they are not so stable and tend to move out of your outer ear canal when biking. Specially if you wear glasses. Walking is perfect, I don't run. The in-line volume function is great, and the possibility of having an extension is great, I often take it off and place my phone in my chest pocket in my jacket so I don't have a long cable twisted all over the place, this is the best feature in my opinion.

Polaris cranium cycling under helmet hat cap
Polaris cranium cycling under helmet hat cap
Offered by Alimay Sports

4.0 out of 5 stars Just a little tight, 29 May 2013
One size only and I have a big head, it is a bit tight but still wearable. Since it is not gore tex, it can let some extreme cold go through, but good quality for the price.

Pro Wireless Weather Station with PC interface
Pro Wireless Weather Station with PC interface
Offered by Home & Travel

3.0 out of 5 stars Sensors are really bad quality, 29 May 2013
The wind sensors (both) just stop spinning after a couple of weeks. I have read many reviews that state the same. I ended up buying REFURBISHED sensors on ebay.uk, very expensive because I live in Sweden, if you buy them in the UK they are really cheap. Still, I think it sucks that a good wheather station (when it works), comes wiht such crapy components on the sensors. It was too much trouble to send the whole thing back. Other than that I'm satisfied with it, it comes with a very basic software that you must sit down and read a lot of numbers, but it also works with Cummulus, which is free and more user friendly.

Sight Station Pod Red Reading Glasses Strength 1
Sight Station Pod Red Reading Glasses Strength 1

4.0 out of 5 stars Sleek!, 19 Jan. 2013
Everybody compliments on the desing, they fold so tiny that they are almost like a pen in my shirt pocket, good quality for the price. They hurt a little on your nose though since they don't have any type of support in the bridge, it's the metal against your skin, but this are for back up so I don't use them for long periods, so it's ok.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Good fit and works as described, 19 Jan. 2013
Fits in the Kia Carnival 2011, the only problem was that the original screws form the car are a different size, so I had to improvise a little, but then it was a perfect fit. The connectors are no problem, the steering wheel controls also work after configuration. Looks great! the GPS system is also very nice and fast to catch signal. For this price it is a bargain! and there is great communication with the seller, they provided me with updated maps upon requests. Highly recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3