Profile for Mrs. Kerima Smethers > Reviews

Content by Mrs. Kerima Sm...

Mrs. Kerima Smethers (London, U.K.)

Supergets® Flip PU Leather Case for Apple Iphone 3G/3GS, Screen Protector, Stylus And Polishing Cloth
Offered by Accessories Mart Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Supergets comes up trumps again, 18 Nov. 2012
I have been as delighted with this second case for the 3gs iphone as I was with the first. The first is for my husbands phone, this one is keeping my phone secure. A really good product at a superb price - and no postage. Well, what more can I say. Thankyou very much Supergets!!

Sir John Betjeman's Britain
Sir John Betjeman's Britain

5.0 out of 5 stars DELIGHTED TO HAVE FOUND THIS MUSIC AGAIN, 29 Jun. 2012
AS I SAY IN MY HEADING, I AM DELIGHTED TO HAVE THIS CD. I LOVE JOHN BETJEMAN'S CLEVER POETRY, AND ACCOMPANIED BY JIM PARKER'S SUPERB MUSIC MAKES IT JUST PERFECT. I BORROWED THE LP LONG AGO FROM THE LIBRARY, BUT WAS VERY SURPRISED TO FIND IT STILL EXISTS. I HAVE NOW ADDED IT TO MY MUSIC COLLECTION ON MY LAPTOP & CAN PLAY IT WHENEVER I WISH. THANKYOU VERY MUCH. EDGWAREGIRL 57

BST-38 BST38 Genuine Original battery new XPERIA X10 Mini Pro C510, C901, C90...
Offered by MNZ Technologies Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars A1 Seller. Thankyou, 29 Jun. 2012
I normally write longer reviews, but as this is purely a replacement battery for my W995i phone, There is nothing to say other than I AM TOTALLY SATISFIED WITH THE BATTERY and very pleased, as it has restored my phone to a usable instrument, rather than one sitting in my drawer, completely dead!! Many thanks. Edgwaregirl57

Let's Roll!
Let's Roll!
by Lisa Beamer

5.0 out of 5 stars INSPIRING AND MOVING - A VERY SPECIAL BOOK, 29 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Let's Roll! (Paperback)
It is hard to find the words to say anything further about 11th September 2001. "Let's Roll" - the last words spoken by Todd Beamer before he and the brave staff and co-travellers with Flight 93, attempted to overpower the terrorists on board. This, the 4th plane involved on that tragic day, which just after crashed in Pennsylvania.

I am a londoner & recently visited New York again after quite some years - a city very close to my heart, but not been able to re-visit for a long time. I flew back to the UK from Newark Airport & that is when i first encountered this superb book written by Todd Beamer's widow, Lisa. I believe most people know that United Airlines Flight 93 took off from Newark. A member of the airport staff had a copy in which she invited people to write a few words. We spoke of that fateful day and time, and I found a quite different feel at Newark from other international airports where I have been.

No sooner back, than I was very pleased to find I could purchase a copy from Orenbooks, through Amazon Marketplace. It is very moving - a tremendous tribute to him, to his widow & to his family. Do read it - it is uplifting, inspiring and a testament to the heights to which the human spirit can rise in the face of tragedy. It is indeed `Ordinary People' displaying `Extraordinary Courage' as it says on the cover of the book. Edgwaregirl57

The Rough Guide to the iPhone
The Rough Guide to the iPhone
by Peter Buckley

5.0 out of 5 stars THIS ONE SURE TICKS ALL THE BOXES IN MY OPINION, 2 Oct. 2011
ROUGH GUIDE SERIES VERY GOOD - THIS ONE FOR THE IPHONE IS SUPER - I LIKE THE SPECIAL TIPS DOTTED RIGHT THROUGH THE BOOK. IT IS STRAIGHTFORWARD, COMPREHENSIVE, VERY 'USER FRIENDLY' AS THEY SAY, THOUGH I HATE THE TERM!! THE SIZE OF A6 IE POCKET SIZE IS SO USEFUL. PRICE EXCELLENT. SUGGESTED APPS ON INSIDE COVER GREAT. INFORMATIVE BUT WITH EXTRA INFO THAT'S QUITE LIGHTHEARTED EG. THE PROTOTYPES THAT NEVER MADE IT OFF THE DRAWING BOARD. WHAT MORE CAN I SAY. I LOVE IT. Edgwaregirl 57

Eating for England: The Delights and Eccentricities of the British at Table
Eating for England: The Delights and Eccentricities of the British at Table
by Nigel Slater

5.0 out of 5 stars YOU KNOW IT WILL NEVER BE LESS THAN THE BEST FROM NIGEL, 17 July 2010
Nigel Slater is such a class act, both in his writing and in his cookery. I actually chanced upon him not long ago and it was a wonderful"Eureka" moment, if I have got the right turn of phrase!! I now look out eagerly for his programmes and his writings.

This book is an absolute joy - the subject of each chapter he sees through an item of food and each is thereby given his unique touch. At times nostalgic, at others really funny and at times a sadness, hard to put into words that reminds me of his wonderful and achingly bittersweet autobiography "Toast". Quoting from the Sunday Times comment on the sleeve of the book. - Nigel truly is "A National Treasure"

If you know Nigel Slater's writing already, this is certainly another jewel in the crown, If not I urge you to buy it - it will be a real treat in store, I promise you.