Profile for Alice Leathley > Reviews

Alice Leathley

160°„ Fisheye Fish Eye Detachable Lens + Back Cover Case For iPhone 4S 4G DC102
160°„ Fisheye Fish Eye Detachable Lens + Back Cover Case For iPhone 4S 4G DC102

3.0 out of 5 stars has pros and cons, 25 Sept. 2012
The quality of the fisheye photos is very good and I have no qualms with the lens itself. The case, however, looks like I've had it for 3 years just after a couple of days because the sides are all scratched where the colour has started wearing off. Also when you try to use the flash with the lens attached, the picture comes out as just a white blur so it isn't possible to take pictures in the dark.

The Maze Runner (Maze Runner Series)
The Maze Runner (Maze Runner Series)
by James Dashner

5.0 out of 5 stars wow, 25 Sept. 2012
When I read the blurb I thought the book could go one of two ways; either drag on and on and be pretty boring or be the most gripping book I have ever read and fast make it onto my list of all time favourite books. And who knew, it was the second option. I was hooked from start to finish through a really original plot (although I did draw up an annoyingly long list of parallels between the Maze Runner series and The Hunger Games books) and wasn't disappointed in the ending. It broke my heart to have to wait a few days before The Scorch Trials and The Death Cure were delivered! I would definitely recommend all 3 books to anyone that asks because frankly they are brilliant.

A Great and Terrible Beauty
A Great and Terrible Beauty
by Libba Bray

5.0 out of 5 stars wow, 30 Jan. 2011
A Great and Terrible Beauty is just such an amazing book. It's the sort of book where, once you've started to read it, it's impossible to put back down. It's written really well so that it captures the period perfectly, and it also covers a lot of sensitive topics really well. In my opinion, the blurb doesn't give the book justice. If I had read the blurb first, the book wouldn't have interested me whatsoever but I read it anyway and it is honestly one of the best books I have ever read.

Wreck This Journal
Wreck This Journal
by Keri Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite book, 12 Jun. 2010
This review is from: Wreck This Journal (Paperback)
"Wreck this Journal" is beautiful in such a destructive way. You can take all of your anger out on it, or find your artistic side on some pages. I think it's very suitable for teenagers, because it is ideal to do when you are bored.

How To Be An Explorer of the World: Portable Life Museum
How To Be An Explorer of the World: Portable Life Museum
by Keri Smith

4.0 out of 5 stars I love it :), 12 Jun. 2010
It's a great book for quite artistic people as it forces you to see beauty in literally everything. I'd say it's not really aimed at children under the age of 13 as the ideas are sometimes a bit complex, but I'm 15 and I absolutely love it.