ARRAY(0xad52cd50)

Content by V3285

V3285

The Pollyanna Plan
The Pollyanna Plan

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down. Really enjoyed it & gave me something to think about., 18 Jan 2013
I wasn't familiar with Talli Roland until I spotted this book "free" in the Kindle lending library. Due to the high star rating I decided to give it a go.

I read it over a couple of evenings as I couldn't put it down. Although the main character, Emma, was a little stiff at first I soon warmed to her and was willing her on! I liked Alice, the best friend, and of course Will, the main male character.

This book is well written and moves at a nice quick pace. I like the message behind it and it certainly made me think about being more positive and taking a leap of faith a bit more often.

I'll definitely be trying Talli Roland's other books!

Dogit Go-Slow Anti-Gulp Dog Bowl, Small, 300 ml, Blue
Dogit Go-Slow Anti-Gulp Dog Bowl, Small, 300 ml, Blue
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect solution for my greedy dog!, 18 Jan 2013
I bought this bowl after one of my Pugs encountered some digestion problems. She has always been a fast eater, inhaling her food rather than chewing it/taking her time.

The bowl is a perfect size, and although I didn't expect it to make much difference it has completely slowed her down. She now finishes her food at the same time as my other Pug who eats at a normal speed.

For the price I am really pleased that this bowl has solved my problem!

Groomers Curiosity Fragrance Spray 250ml
Groomers Curiosity Fragrance Spray 250ml
Price: 6.75

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product. Lovely musky smell better suited to male dogs., 18 Jan 2013
Groomers products were recommended to me but I wasn't sure which fragrance to go with. I bought the Curiosity spray first and although it's a lovely musky scent is probably better suited to male dogs.

Therefore I bought a different scent (Baby Fresh) which was perfect.

I have been impressed with the Groomers sprays which have a good coverage when sprayed, aren't too overpowering, but provide a long lasting scent on the coat.

Will definitely repurchase from this range!

Groomers Baby Fresh Fragrance Spray 250ml
Groomers Baby Fresh Fragrance Spray 250ml
Price: 6.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely fresh smell!, 18 Jan 2013
The Groomers range of sprays was recommended to me by a friend, but I wasn't sure which fragrance to go with. I went for Baby Fresh as I didn't want anything too flowery or overpowering.

Once my dogs have been bathed and dried I spray this over them (the spray comes out in a mist covering a good area at a time) and it makes them smell lovely. The scent lingers for a good period of time and keeps them smelling fresh.

I would definitely repurchase, although this bottle will last me for a while.

Marware Vibe Case with Stand for Kindle Fire HD 7", Black (will only fit Kindle Fire HD 7" [Previous Generation])

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case, good price, no complaints!, 18 Jan 2013
Really happy with this purchase. There are probably more luxurious cases on the market for this one does the job for me. It was a good price, keeps my Kindle protected and has a stand which is really handy for watching films, etc.

Chocolate Wishes
Chocolate Wishes
by Trisha Ashley
Price: 5.03

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, but would like to try another Trisha Ashley book., 26 Sep 2012
This review is from: Chocolate Wishes (Paperback)
I must start by saying that this is the first Trisha Ashley book I have read. I picked it up when it was on special offer in WH Smith as I was drawn in by the name and the pretty cover (terrible I know), along with the blurb on the back of the cover.

A couple of chapters in and I was struggling to keep going. The magic theme grated on me and soon became very irritating (sorry if this offends anybody) and I instantly didn't take to the main character like I do with other books of this genre.

I found Chloe to be a misery guts, completely lacking a sense of humour, and spoke to her friends like they were in Dawson's Creek; long, descriptive sentences which often felt out of place.

I finished the book as I was on holiday and it was the only book I took, but had I been at home I probably would have given up.

However, saying that, I can see from all of the 5 star reviews that Trisha has a huge following and I'd like to give one of her other books a go.

Purls of Wisdom: The Book of Knitting
Purls of Wisdom: The Book of Knitting
by Jenny Lord
Price: 12.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for beginners and improvers, 27 Mar 2011
I recently took knitting lessons and left feeling a little disheartened at the poor teaching and not feeling like I'd got my moneys worth.

I bought this book as it was recommended on the course, and I couldn't wait to receive it. I judge a book by its cover (sorry!) and this cover is so very pretty.

This book is packed full of tips, how-tos, and projects with a range of difficulty levels.

I find it very easy to follow the instructions for each project and so far I've made the iphone cover and the moss stitch tie.

If you are new to knitting this is definitely the book for you! Easy to follow diagrams and instructions go over the basics such as casting on and the basic stitches you can do, as well as some more advanced ones too.

Worth every penny!

The Truth About Diamonds
The Truth About Diamonds
by Nicole Richie

5.0 out of 5 stars Great if you're a Nicole fan!, 1 Jan 2006
Being a fan of Nicole and The Simple Life I thought this book was fab. Some parts of it are clearly based on her own life and it's fun working out which characters are based on which real people. Great to read if you're a Nicole fan, probably not so good if you're not!

The Tea House on Mulberry Street
The Tea House on Mulberry Street
by Sharon Owens

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant read, 24 Mar 2005
I've never bothered to write a review on a book before, but having just finished The Tea House on Mulberry Street I thought I would! I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book and it's one of those books you don't want to finish because you're so into the characters and their different stories. My only criticism would be that I would have liked to hear more about Clare and Peter's story, but I guess that's just my individual opinion! Overall a very good book which I have already lent to a friend!