Profile for D. Andrews > Reviews

Content by D. Andrews

D. Andrews (Sawbridgeworth, United Kingdom)

AOC I2757FH 27 inch Widescreen IPS LED Multimedia Monitor (1920x1080, 5ms, VGA, HDMI, Full HD 1080p, Screen+, i-Menu)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 29 Aug 2013
OK, it's not got a very high screen resolution, but the picture is sharp and colours clear. Really happy with my purchase. Came with an HDMI cable and D-Sub in the box. Looks great on my desk.

Beginning GIMP: From Novice to Professional
Beginning GIMP: From Novice to Professional
by A Peck

5.0 out of 5 stars For a first time author, Akkana Peck really gets to grips with GIMP, 22 May 2006
I've only just received "Beginning GIMP, From Novice to Professional", but already I find I can't live without it. Just dipping in to a few chapters, it has answered every single question I ever asked (or didn't even know I needed to ask) about this great open-source software.

The book is full of colour examples and screen-shots. Her text is straight to the point and informative from the word go. I can't wait to read the book from cover to cover. Gimp is a great tool and I've used it a lot, but spent many frustrating evenings (and through the night) trying to complete the simplest of tasks. With Akkana Peck's book by my side, I feel confident in tacking even the most taxing graphical task.

A+ More books like this please!

Brita Acclario  Water Filter Cordless Jug Kettle Graphite
Brita Acclario Water Filter Cordless Jug Kettle Graphite

4.0 out of 5 stars A great fast boiling kettle to replace your Brita Filter Jug, 14 Mar 2003
I live in an area that suffers a lot from a chlorine taste in the water. I had bought a Brita filter jug around a year ago and really noticed the difference it made to tea. My existing kettle suddenly decided to revolt and refuse to boil water, at which point I realised I only used the Brita jug to fill the kettle.
I took the plunge and bought the Acclario Jug Kettle. At first it's a bit like the Kripton Factor to set up. The instructions are very clear but you have to pull at the plastic parts far more than you would expect.
However once set up, and you have discovered how to switch the thing on... believe me this will entertain your friends (CLUE: slide the top of the handle up to reveal the "on" switch), it works extremely fast.
Overall, I've found it not only a great kettle, but I've regained the corner of my work surface reserved for the Brita jug filter.

Plug 'N' Go Car Kit for Ericsson T28s
Plug 'N' Go Car Kit for Ericsson T28s

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick, easy to fit and great sound quality, 31 May 2001
This tiny neat little package took seconds to fit and cost a great deal less than the full Ericsson car kit. I have saved myself around £200. The sound quality is excellent and I have had no call problems while driving except for poor reception. My lighter socket is quite low down in the car and thus call quality can vary.
It is best to avoid the instruction tape at all costs however! How complex can it be to plug a device into a lighter socket? The tape is little more than advertising for other Para products - except for the fact the guy is sooooo boring, you'll switch off before the end.
Great product, and enjoyed driving over the tape (several times)